Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to Open Video Playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having a problem opening video playlists, having a hard time finding related topics. Maybe I'm just searching for the wrong thing.

I can queue my items fine, I save the playlist, I see it in %HOME%\userdata\playlists\video so I know it's saving.

I go back to video, add source, browse, video playlists and I have nothing listed.
Hello,

You are trying to add video playlists as a source? I don't think that that is possible. A source can only be media (i.e. video or music).
Why are you trying to add a playlist as a source? Maybe there is something else that we can help you do another way.

Mark
*shrugs* I'm just trying to open a play list that I have saved from within XBMC. The add source thing is the only place through the UI that I saw play lists listed.

Can play lists only be opened externally?
How are you creating your playlists ? because all your playlists will be found listed under playlists in exactly the same place you create them in XBMC

Watch the video and your know where I'm talking about your see that the playlist becomes available in the same place once created

http://www.youtube.com/user/TwinChoc#p/a...WrYO3FuEU4

EDIT : Just realized what you actually mean if your queuing items press "C" on your keyboard and select "Now Playing" that will take you to your queued items Smile
Yeah, I had the now playing thing, that's where I was saving my playlist. I couldn't find where I to open the playlist again later, but that video inadvertently pointed me towards my answer.

I didn't have the Library section off of the Video Category. I found since I added my videos without a scrapper, it didn't show up. I was just using the file section for browsing my videos.

I re-added my media with a scrapper and segregated my movies and tv shows, and now I can get into the Library section, which has the obvious Play list section. So I'm golden!

Thanks for your help.