Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with Moving Movie Database to a New HTPC/ Home Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys... I have been running XBMC for a couple weeks now on a temporary PC and spent countless hours going through and fixing up hundreds of movies that either got the wrong meta info or I just changed the cover and fan art to something better..

I am currently using 2x 1TB HDD's for Movies and 2x 1TB HDD's for TV Shows in a non raid setup...

I now want to upgrade my HTPC/ Home Server and will hopefully be running either a raid 5 with 8x 1TB HDD's or running a Raid 6 with 12x 1TB HDD's

My question is... How, if possible would I go about backing up my XBMC database and re loading it on the new system when all the movies will be coming from a different source drive??

Any help before I go ahead and decide on the new system's parts (mainly the motherboard and raid controller) would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks =)
if you can maintain the same absolute path then you can export the library from your test machine and import it on your real machine (e.g. all you data is hosted on a server accessible by smb:\\media\movies).

If this is not how its set up can you use symlinks to fudge it?
If you export your library to a single file then you can edit the videodb.xml file in your favourite text editor and correct all the paths. Then import the library to your new installation.

JR