Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] XBMC no longer booting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Running XBMC Live Dharma

I was cleaning the library on my HTPC. While that was going I logged into the web interface, TV went black, the web interface didn't load and my system became unresponsive. I power cycled my HTPC and now all I get is the following. The newest crashlog available is from 3 weeks ago.

Unfortunately the samething happend to me after updating today.
I have no idea how to solve it.

Help is appreciated.
Code:
sudo nano /etc/rc.local

Add the following line above the "exit 0" in rc.local

Code:
su xbmc -c "startx /etc/X11/Xsession /usr/bin/xbmc"

Ctrl+o for save and Ctrl+x for exit the text editor

After a reboot if you've succesfully booted to xbmc you can delete the line you just added.
no love. Still getting the same screen after those steps.
I am having the same issue, although mine is after a new install.

Help would be appreciated
infinityteg Wrote:I am having the same issue, although mine is after a new install.

Help would be appreciated

Did you just do the install today? Mine was doing some updates to the skins and stuff right before I started having issues.
last night and this morning. i have tried 10 and 10.1
I can get through the install fine but once i removed the flash drive and rebooted i got the XBMC splash screen then the login. if i entered the login the screen just went black
infinityteg Wrote:last night and this morning. i have tried 10 and 10.1
I can get through the install fine but once i removed the flash drive and rebooted i got the XBMC splash screen then the login. if i entered the login the screen just went black

Did you remove the drive THEN reboot?

Reboot FIRST - the installation does some other stuff, then your box will power down. THEN remove the flash drive and power up.
Anyone have any other ideas?
The same thing happens to me once in a while. I think it may have something to do with skin updates. I always ssh into XBMCLive and delete my current skin from the addons folder and the skin.*.zip from the packages folder. As soon as I do that, the system comes up with the Confluence skin. If you're using the Confluence skin and the same thing is happening then....?
tensaidavis Wrote:The same thing happens to me once in a while. I think it may have something to do with skin updates. I always ssh into XBMCLive and delete my current skin from the addons folder and the skin.*.zip from the packages folder. As soon as I do that, the system comes up with the Confluence skin. If you're using the Confluence skin and the same thing is happening then....?

Worked like a charm. Thank you so much. Here is what I did.

Code:
cd /root/.xbmc/addons
rm -R skin.back-row
sudo reboot

Confluence booted right up.

EDIT: The package files associated with the skin also need to be removed if you want to go back to your custom skin. In my case I was using the back row skin.

Code:
cd /root/.xbmc/addons/packages
rm skin.back-row-3.0.8.zip
rm skin.back-row-3.2.5.zip
sudo reboot

EDIT2: Even after removing the skin's files, deleting the zips and setting XBMC to use the confluence skin the installation of Back Row was failing. In order to get it to work I had to go to the add-on manager, uninstall back row from there and then re-install it and I was back in business..
had the same problem after updating to the latest nightly, Haohmarus tip worked
Haohmaru Wrote:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/rc.local

Add the following line above the "exit 0" in rc.local

Code:
su xbmc -c "startx /etc/X11/Xsession /usr/bin/xbmc"

Ctrl+o for save and Ctrl+x for exit the text editor

After a reboot if you've succesfully booted to xbmc you can delete the line you just added.

This doesn't work for me. Going to try the skin thing.
StrungOutPunk Wrote:Worked like a charm. Thank you so much. Here is what I did.

Code:
cd /root/.xbmc/addons
rm -R skin.back-row
sudo reboot

Confluence booted right up.

EDIT: The package files associated with the skin also need to be removed if you want to go back to your custom skin. In my case I was using the back row skin.

Code:
cd /root/.xbmc/addons/packages
rm skin.back-row-3.0.8.zip
rm skin.back-row-3.2.5.zip
sudo reboot

EDIT2: Even after removing the skin's files, deleting the zips and setting XBMC to use the confluence skin the installation of Back Row was failing. In order to get it to work I had to go to the add-on manager, uninstall back row from there and then re-install it and I was back in business..

Even this is not working...
Pages: 1 2