Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Question about adding additional internal hard drive to computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With my setups I stream all my media over my network so I only need on HD for my XBMC builds.
My friend wants to build one and wants to store the media locally on the computer. So basically what I'm wondering is if I install LIVE on one HD then throw in another for media do I need to format it for live?

I know stupid question, but I had to ask.

Thanks
AnybodyHuhNerd
You can set a mount point during installation. For example, I have 3 partitions, one mounted as /, one for swap, then one named media where all my files are. Once installation is done it gets mounted at /media/media (which is a bit redundant).
er you need to format secondary drive, it would be stupid not to, so this depends on which live flavour you go for e.g linux everything should be formatted at least ext2/3 or 4, windows ntfs etc etc etc

google is your friend, this kinda falls in the wtf department
So if you want to add a drive to a box already built you can format it in windows then just add it to the XBMC live box? Done!? WTF department?!