Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3, hdmi sound problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, first time poster.
I have recently bought a Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3 mobo.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product...id=3681#ov

Reasonable pleased with its performance, but I am not able to get it to send anything but stereo sound out, and it starts bothering me.
Have ripped my own blurays with full 5.1 surround, and outputting to my receiver through HDMI. (Sony es5200)

Have tried changing settings everywhere, but I do not get it.
Gigabyte support have said I have to enable it through bios advanced settings and onboard vga, but that does not come up as a possible change in Bios.

Sound out adapter is set as AMD hmdi, but just gives stereo set up.
Am I doing something seriously weird, or is it that the Gigabyte mobo just is not the best for a small htpc? And what should I run instead as mobo? Sandy bridge or another AMD zacata offering?

unning on a win7pro, with crucial 64gbssd and 4gb kingstone ram.
Did you check Receiver is able to handle DTS, AC3 and set output mode to hdmi / 5.1? Both in Settings > System > Audio
Have you loaded the latest Catalyst drivers (v11.3 at present)?

Have you setup the Realtec sound driver for HDMI?

Have you setup xbmc to output 5.1 over the HDMI?

David
How is the sound of the CPU cooler? Looking for near silent to silent MB with the ability to bitstream HD audio.
divisionbell77 Wrote:How is the sound of the CPU cooler? Looking for near silent to silent MB with the ability to bitstream HD audio.

Look at the Asus board, it has a passive cooler. It is micro ATX though.

David
DavidT99 Wrote:Look at the Asus board, it has a passive cooler. It is micro ATX though.

David

Yeah, that is why i skipped over it.
"Did you check Receiver is able to handle DTS, AC3 and set output mode to hdmi / 5.1? Both in Settings > System > Audio "
REceiver is able to handle it no problem.
Running ps3ms through the ps3 I get full surround sound.(edit, same file, but through my main rig)
I can set output mode to hdmi, but it just gives me stereo.

"Have you loaded the latest Catalyst drivers (v11.3 at present)"
Yes

"Have you setup the Realtec sound driver for HDMI?

Have you setup xbmc to output 5.1 over the HDMI?"
Will doublecheck when kids have gone to bed, but i am 99,5% certain that YES is the right answer to both.

"How is the sound of the CPU cooler? Looking for near silent to silent MB with the ability to bitstream HD audio. "
The sound is very low, and if I stand with my back to it at two meters range I cannot tell if my wife is turning it on or off.
And I am stumped again.
Have de-installed, running ccleaner for registry clean and reinstall all drivers and programs again.

Still does not want to give more than stereo:
"REaltek HDMI Outout
Max number of channels: 2"

IS there something real basic I am missing in the bios settings?
from gigabyte manual:
HDMI Port
The HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) provides an all-digital audio/video interface to transmit
the uncompressed audio/video signals and is HDCP compliant. Connect the HDMI audio/video device to
this port. The HDMI Technology can support a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 but the actual resolutions supported depend on the monitor being used.
• After installing the HDMI device, make sure to set it as the default sound playback device. (The
actual item may differ by operating system. See the following screenshot for reference.) Then
go to BIOS Setup and set Onboard VGA output connect under Advanced BIOS Features to
D-SUB/HDMI.
• Please note the HDMI audio output only supports AC3, DTS and 2-channel-LPCM formats.
(AC3 and DTS require the use of an external decoder for decoding.)
In Windows 7, select Start>Control Panel>Hardware and
Sound>Sound>Playback, set ATI HDMI Output to the default playback device
beytarj Wrote:from gigabyte manual:

• Then
go to BIOS Setup and set Onboard VGA output connect under Advanced BIOS Features to
D-SUB/HDMI.
It is this choice which I do not have in BIOS
So,
under "Init Display First" make "Onboard"
under "IGX Configuration" go to "Azalia NB" makt it "Enable"
I will give it a shot when coming home, if not it'll be returned.
Thanks for the tip Smile
(but I cannot remember ever to have seen the "Azalia NB" choice under igx configuration?)
beytarj Wrote:So,
under "Init Display First" make "Onboard"
under "IGX Configuration" go to "Azalia NB" makt it "Enable"

I only get
"UMA FRAME BUFFER SIZE [AUTO]
VGA CORE CLOCK CONTROL [AUTO]"
No Azalia NB possibility :confused2:
at the main bios page. press Ctrl+F1, and u see more options at the bios
Pages: 1 2