Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
schumi2004 Wrote:Thanks, i missed this option because of not having submenu option in Aeon NOX.

I triggered the options available and noticed it only goes 1 way, correct?

Trakt.tv to XBMC and not the other way around right ?

I marked a few series as seen but they didn't synced to Trakt.tv (will be done in next reboot i guess)

If you sync by hand it should sync both ways:
xbmc > trakt.tv
xbmc < trakt.tv

don't remember which direction comes first.
Manromen Wrote:If you sync by hand it should sync both ways:
xbmc > trakt.tv
xbmc < trakt.tv

don't remember which direction comes first.

I did a few manual tries but it didn't synced with trakt.tv. I also watched a series episode and that 1 did sync with trakt.tv.

I'll check later and will post a log here.

:update:
Added log.
http://pastebin.com/zighnUzR
note: Maybe i should revert back to version 6.1 as i'm not sure if my build is from oct 5 or later.

:update2:
Updated to latest OpenElec build from 10.07 and updated TU to 6.4 and all seems working. Now hoping OE keeps doing it's job as it failed before.
I just wanted to let you know, that i upgraded to the latest XBMC nightly (from Oct 5th -> Oct 10th) and now it seems to work fine (syncs in both directions).
I'm having an issue with the trakt addon. I had disabled the trakt and trakt utlilities addons because I didn't want to clutter a debug log for an isse I'm having with another addon.

After getting my debug, I re-enabled the trakt addon, but now XBMC hangs after a few seconds when I launch XBMC and an access violation entry shows up in the debug log. Removing the script.trakt folder eliminated the application hang.

So I decided to remove the trakt.script addon folders (xbmc\addons\ and xbmc\userdata\addon_data\), but now the trakt addon won't install properly. If I 'install from zip' I get a message that the addon is enabled, but it hasn't appeared in the Program Addons tab in XBMC installed addons.

XBMC doesn't hang anymore, but that's because the addon isn't properly installed. I then rename the folder in \xbmc\addons\ to script.trakt, but then XBMC hangs again!

I don't understand this behaviour. The trakt addon was working fine, but disabling it has screwed it up so badly, even a re-install can't solve the issue. What the hell is going on here?!

I'm on XBMC eden and downloaded the latest (eden) version of the trakt addon of the website.

Edit: Solved the issue. After removing the folders, it appears the addon was still flagged 'disabled'...even after a re-install. So after installing from zip, I went to 'disabled addons' and enabled it again. Now it seems to be working again with the freshly generated folders.

Still, it's a little worrying that simply disabling an addon can break it... :|
Jete246 Wrote:I'm having an issue with the trakt addon. I had disabled the trakt and trakt utlilities addons because I didn't want to clutter a debug log for an isse I'm having with another addon.

After getting my debug, I re-enabled the trakt addon, but now XBMC hangs after a few seconds when I launch XBMC and an access violation entry shows up in the debug log. Removing the script.trakt folder eliminated the application hang.

So I decided to remove the trakt.script addon folders (xbmc\addons\ and xbmc\userdata\addon_data\), but now the trakt addon won't install properly. If I 'install from zip' I get a message that the addon is enabled, but it hasn't appeared in the Program Addons tab in XBMC installed addons.

XBMC doesn't hang anymore, but that's because the addon isn't properly installed. I then rename the folder in \xbmc\addons\ to script.trakt, but then XBMC hangs again!

I don't understand this behaviour. The trakt addon was working fine, but disabling it has screwed it up so badly, even a re-install can't solve the issue. What the hell is going on here?!

I'm on XBMC eden and downloaded the latest (eden) version of the trakt addon of the website.

Edit: Solved the issue. After removing the folders, it appears the addon was still flagged 'disabled'...even after a re-install. So after installing from zip, I went to 'disabled addons' and enabled it again. Now it seems to be working again with the freshly generated folders.

Still, it's a little worrying that simply disabling an addon can break it... :|

So are you saying that it's the official trakt plugin or Trakt Utilities that has this problem, if it is for the official ooh then that has its own thread and you will news to post there. On a side note, TU no loner needs the official plugin as it can do the scrobbling for you. It is probable that the problem you had affects other plugins. Honestly I would expect xmbc to remove the entree that says that a plugin is disabled when its folder its removed.
othrayte Wrote:So are you saying that it's the official trakt plugin or Trakt Utilities that has this problem, if it is for the official ooh then that has its own thread and you will news to post there. On a side note, TU no loner needs the official plugin as it can do the scrobbling for you. It is probable that the problem you had affects other plugins. Honestly I would expect XBMC to remove the entree that says that a plugin is disabled when its folder its removed.

Whoops, I don't know how I missed that...I'm in the wrong thread! My apologies! :o

I do need the official trakt plugin though, as I want to have it to mark and episode as 'watched' as soon as I've seen the episode. Or is that what "scrobbling" is? If so, then I'm confused. The official trakt plugin just calls the option 'auto submit'. :confused2:
othrayte Wrote:So are you saying that it's the official trakt plugin or Trakt Utilities that has this problem, if it is for the official ooh then that has its own thread and you will news to post there. On a side note, TU no loner needs the official plugin as it can do the scrobbling for you. It is probable that the problem you had affects other plugins. Honestly I would expect XBMC to remove the entree that says that a plugin is disabled when its folder its removed.
d

othrayte,

Is there any way that TU can be utilized to scrobble watched videos from addons? Maybe by creating a module.traktutilities in the plugin to send the watched data to your script? I know if this is possible it would need to be added to each addon but I'm just curious if it's possible.
Also, XBMC regularly hangs on exit. I first thought it was the PVR build I'm running, but today -while troubleshooting my other issues- I realised XBMC only hangs on exit when the trakt utlilites addon is enabled.

The logfile isn't very consequent in terms of the last entries found in it, although a couple of times now I've seen that the last log entries were when trying to shutdown the python engine. One time XBMC did eventually quit, and it took XBMC over 30 seconds to shutdown the python engine.

Again, when trakt utilities is disabled, I don't get any issues when exiting XBMC.
Jete246 Wrote:Whoops, I don't know how I missed that...I'm in the wrong thread! My apologies! :o

I do need the official trakt plugin though, as I want to have it to mark and episode as 'watched' as soon as I've seen the episode. Or is that what "scrobbling" is? If so, then I'm confused. The official trakt plugin just calls the option 'auto submit'. :confused2:
Yes, this us what scrobbling is, scrobbling is the official and correct term for it. TU has been doing this for a little while now.
mimesis Wrote:othrayte,

Is there any way that TU can be utilized to scrobble watched videos from addons? Maybe by creating a module.traktutilities in the plugin to send the watched data to your script? I know if this is possible it would need to be added to each addon but I'm just curious if it's possible.

The system we have chosen uses the information passed on to TU by xbmc, so as long as the other addon passes the information about what it is playing to xbmc then it should work as if it were played from the library. That said it is an untested feature and I'm not certain that I have all of the bits in place in TU to ensure that it works.

Did you have any addons in mind, I'm quite happy to help make other addons work with TU, and for most it would benefit their users too.
Jete246 Wrote:Also, XBMC regularly hangs on exit. I first thought it was the PVR build I'm running, but today -while troubleshooting my other issues- I realised XBMC only hangs on exit when the trakt utlilites addon is enabled.

The logfile isn't very consequent in terms of the last entries found in it, although a couple of times now I've seen that the last log entries were when trying to shutdown the python engine. One time XBMC did eventually quit, and it took XBMC over 30 seconds to shutdown the python engine.

Again, when trakt utilities is disabled, I don't get any issues when exiting XBMC.

Yeah we have been having some trouble with that in recent versions, a lot of work went into v0.6.4 to make that one more stable. In my work on v0.7.x I'm changing around a lot of the back-end parts of TU and I will be taking a look at some point at ensuring that shutdowns happen as quickly as is feasible.
othrayte Wrote:The system we have chosen uses the information passed on to TU by xbmc, so as long as the other addon passes the information about what it is playing to xbmc then it should work as if it were played from the library. That said it is an untested feature and I'm not certain that I have all of the bits in place in TU to ensure that it works.

Did you have any addons in mind, I'm quite happy to help make other addons work with TU, and for most it would benefit their users too.

I've been using Icefilms and would love to have TU work in conjunction with it.
mimesis Wrote:I've been using Icefilms and would love to have TU work in conjunction with it.

Yeah, I've already mentioned it on the IceLibrary thread, are you using IceLibrary or some other addon?, anyway I didn't get much of a response so I was considering forking their project and making the modification myself, but currently TU v0.7 is progressing better than I had expected so it is gobbling up my time.
othrayte Wrote:Yeah, I've already mentioned it on the IceLibrary thread, are you using IceLibrary or some other addon?, anyway I didn't get much of a response so I was considering forking their project and making the modification myself, but currently TU v0.7 is progressing better than I had expected so it is gobbling up my time.

I'm using the actual Icefilms addon found in the anarchintosh repo. I tried out icelibrary but it wasn't too great for the WAF.
mimesis Wrote:I'm using the actual Icefilms addon found in the anarchintosh repo. I tried out icelibrary but it wasn't too great for the WAF.

Wow, ok, I had a look through that add-on, it was a little hard to follow how it worked. But what I think I've found out says that the add-on only passes limited info to xbmc, it looks like it passes the title (including the year, even when it is unimportant), the plot (which is nice, but not what tu needs, and xbmc won't pass it on) and sometimes the rating (ie MPAA certification). For some reason it was thought unimportant to tell xbmc what season or episode it was (haven't tried movies) and also the year (which is most important form movies) was missing. Due to the really confusing nature of the addon I would have to say that I will not have time to implement the needed changes myself, but if you pass this message on the the developer in charge they should be able to help you.