Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
othrayte Wrote:Except that your version is more than a week old, so it should still work, it wouldn't be that error that we've fixed, and what is the reason you are using such old builds of XBMC, latest is 6-15 and I'm currently testing my work on v0.6.0 against 6-14.

I suggest you upload xbmc's log file (after removing your trakt password) so that I can check for anything unusual.

I have not slept in over 30 hours, i'm messing things up.. Blush
Its actually june 8. its from.
Just thought I'd create some intrigue Wink, I've just finished coding up a pile of new features ready for v0.6.0 Nerd, and it should be released mid next week. Manromen took a bit of a break with this release, he was busy but helped out and was as responsive as ever to any questions we all might have had, he should be back for the next release (unless of course I cant help myself and I get carried away coding features for another version Rolleyes and have to release that).

So to the awesome features, how about we start with a big one Cool. Experimental core scrobbling support, yes you read right, for v0.6.0 I decided to pull forward making it possible to run Trakt Utilties without the official trakt add-on Shocked; we had always planned to do this but not really at this stage. This feature is very new, and I'm sure there are one or two bugs left in it and you might even have some ideas on how to make it function better. For those of you who don't know what scrobbling is, or those who don't know the term, scrobbling is telling trakt that your watching something, as your watching it.

P.S. This was also going to be my chance to see how many smilies I could use and still have it make sense Big Grin but it seems I'm limited to six, so I have to stop adding them now.

Finally got around to adding the tags on the TV Shows in the TV Show windows. This should make the next feature more useful

Added context menus to the TV Show and Movie windows (the watch-list, recommended and trending windows). This menu adds options to rate any item shown, or to play a movie (hopefully soon TV Shows too) and my personal favorite to add/remove an item to/from your watch-list. For instance if your looking through the recommended Movies and you see one that you like the look of, but as the tags indicate you yet don't have, you can add it to your watch-list without even leaving XBMC. That way you don't forget that you want to watch it.

The rating dialogs have been updated and you can now 'unrate' any item that has a rating on it, and it will tell you what your have rated the item if you have already done so.

Another feature is credential verification, from this version on when trakt starts up it will instantly check that your trakt credentials are present and correct, if they are aren't it will tell you your a very bad person but then it will take you to the settings screen where you can fill them in / fix them.

That's all for now, if I notice I've missed something major I'll edit this post otherwise you can find the complete changelog at https://github.com/Manromen/script.Trakt...ngelog.txt

I really can't wait to use these new features... oh wait, I don't have too; and it won't be long for you either. Unless of course your using stable releases, in which case, it might be several weeks. Eh that's the cost of stability.
hi all,

Recently removed this plugin as I was having one or two issues with my box in general. Come to put it back on today and get a 'Dependencies not met' error when installing. One of the lines (with debugging turned on) is:

09:21:08 T:184 M:887816192 DEBUG: Addon script.TraktUtilities requires script.module.simplejson version 2.0.10 which is not available

Have checked my addons directory and it is there (and have even downloaded and overwritten but still not working).

Any ideas?
Cyberkid2002 Wrote:hi all,

Recently removed this plugin as I was having one or two issues with my box in general. Come to put it back on today and get a 'Dependencies not met' error when installing. One of the lines (with debugging turned on) is:

09:21:08 T:184 M:887816192 DEBUG: Addon script.TraktUtilities requires script.module.simplejson version 2.0.10 which is not available

Have checked my addons directory and it is there (and have even downloaded and overwritten but still not working).

Any ideas?

Can you check which version of simplejson you have, it should be in a file in the script.module.simplejson directory called addon.xml. If that is at least 2.0.10 then you will have to take it up with the main support forums, we can't really help out much here, sorry.
yeah it is... will log it on trac later.

out of curiosity, can anyone else confirm this?
Hi,

Using latest XBMC EDEN and Trakt Utilities 0.5.2.

I'm french speaking, so some of my movies have their french names in the DB. Due to this, traktu cannot sometimes find my movie by name (for matching, e.g., my watchlist with my content).
It shouldn't be a problem because your are also searching by IMDB id, which I have in my db BUT...

You are searching like this "SELECT idMovie FROM movie WHERE c09='tt0443543' " while, in the XBMC db, the IMDB db is stored as '443543', so my local movies are never matched by IMDB id either.

Would that have been corrected in git?
Koying Wrote:Hi,

Using latest XBMC EDEN and Trakt Utilities 0.5.2.

I'm french speaking, so some of my movies have their french names in the DB. Due to this, traktu cannot sometimes find my movie by name (for matching, e.g., my watchlist with my content).
It shouldn't be a problem because your are also searching by IMDB id, which I have in my db BUT...

You are searching like this "SELECT idMovie FROM movie WHERE c09='tt0443543' " while, in the XBMC db, the IMDB db is stored as '443543', so my local movies are never matched by IMDB id either.

Would that have been corrected in git?

What seems odd to me here is the way your IMDB ids are stored in your db, in mine they are all stored with the 'tt' and any leading zeros. Could you please describe what method you used to enter them into your database and what scraper you used.

I'm trying to figure out whether this is a case that the plugin should cope with or if the entries in your db are incorrect. I'll have a talk to the XBMC devs to see what the db entries should be.

Also just being curious now, are all of the entries in your database missing the 'tt0' part or just some?
Ah ok. I'm using the Passion-XBMC scrapper (http://passion-xbmc.org/), the leading (sole?) french scrapper. You're using IMDB, right?

All my entries are without the leading "tt0" and I didn't do anything the the db myself.

It'd be indeed interesting to know if the XBMC devs have a position on this.

Anyway, I find it smarter to store the IMDB id as a numeric rather than a string always starting with "tt" (waste of db space + slower lookups), so, if you don't plan to support this, I'll create a patch and add it to github.
Koying Wrote:Ah ok. I'm using the Passion-XBMC scrapper (http://passion-xbmc.org/), the leading (sole?) french scrapper. You're using IMDB, right?

All my entries are without the leading "tt0" and I didn't do anything the the db myself.

It'd be indeed interesting to know if the XBMC devs have a position on this.

Anyway, I find it smarter to store the IMDB id as a numeric rather than a string always starting with "tt" (waste of db space + slower lookups), so, if you don't plan to support this, I'll create a patch and add it to github.

I'll see what the devs say and then talk with Manromen to decide how we are going to go about this, it is probable that we will end up supporting this style, but not definite.
Can't wait for the big release!!!

I want my rate box back (stoped working cause I always upgrading to the latest nightly update!).

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
othrayte Wrote:I'll see what the devs say and then talk with Manromen to decide how we are going to go about this, it is probable that we will end up supporting this style, but not definite.

Ok, when I spoke to the devs they explained that it is just a text entry in the db and that it is up to the scrapper to choose what they want to put in there, it doesn't even have to be an IMDB id, for this reason and to avoid false positive look-ups we will not be supporting imdb ids that are missing the part at the front that confirms that they are actually from imdb, at least not at this stage. Your welcome to create a fork on github and make any changes you need, if it turns out backwards compatible and you include a setting to disable it be default then we would happily consider that for inclusion. Your other option is to approach the developer of the scrapper about changing their scrapper to use proper imdb ids, ones that can't get confused with tmdb ids. Also there are no plans at xbmc to change the db field to a number type, so as it is a text field the extra text 'tt0' has no real impact on the speed of the db.
OK, thanks. I'll contact the dev of the scrapper to check their position (not too optimistic, though). I actually already did a one-liner (well 3-4) which seem to solve the matching issue. I tend to think that trakt accepts numerical imdb ids, so it doesn't seem to be an issue that way.
Koying Wrote:OK, thanks. I'll contact the dev of the scrapper to check their position (not too optimistic, though). I actually already did a one-liner (well 3-4) which seem to solve the matching issue. I tend to think that trakt accepts numerical imdb ids, so it doesn't seem to be an issue that way.

Tell us how you get on.

Yeah it is understandable that trakt would do this, they have already been told that it is an IMDB id, so they need not worry whether it is missing the identifier.
Hi,

Is it possible to disable the script on an profile basis? I want to use it this script just with my default profile but not any other one. I have configured the script with my username/password in the default profile and left it blank in the others. However it keeps showing a dialog at the beginning asking to fill the username/password data every time I switch profiles.

Is it posible to disable the script in certain profiles? If not, can it be configured to not show any dialog at the beginning asking you to set your username/password?

Best regards,
pilluli Wrote:Is it possible to disable the script on an profile basis? I want to use it this script just with my default profile but not any other one.

It would seem that XBMC disables the add-on across all profiles, which is not the behavior I had expected, this is a problem I'd like to solve. I'll have a chat with the XBMC devs to see what their view is on making it possible to disable the add-ons on a per profile basis. In the time being I would suggest putting your correct details into the add-on in each profile and disabling all of the automatic services, there should be options for each one, in the profile where you don't want to us the add-on. This will not actually stop the add-on but it will stop it from bringing up rating dialogs etc.

[Edit] I've just found this http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9525, it appears to be the relevant ticket for this, but its a little old. It does however hint at a work around, currently the add-on will reside in /addons/ and you should be able to create a /userdata/profiles/addons/ folder and put the add-on in there, thus making it only visible to that profile. But there is one piece missing, maybe you can find it, I believe that you need to add an entry to your advancedsettings.xml (the profile specific one) to tell XBMC where to look for the addon. Unfortunately I can prove that this works.