Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you calling movie sync from the trakt menu or using the "run on startup" feature?
(2012-09-04, 22:12)seadog Wrote: [ -> ]Are you calling movie sync from the trakt menu or using the "run on startup" feature?

Run on startup.
Ah ok then, I'll fix that tonight and make sure I fully test it then hopefully push it in a few hours
(2012-09-04, 22:14)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-04, 22:12)seadog Wrote: [ -> ]Are you calling movie sync from the trakt menu or using the "run on startup" feature?

Run on startup.

I just tried the autosync under Frodo and it definitely works (using the latest commit on the develop branch)
(2012-09-05, 03:18)seadog Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried the autosync under Frodo and it definitely works (using the latest commit on the develop branch)

I am using Eden final...
(2012-09-05, 10:15)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-05, 03:18)seadog Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried the autosync under Frodo and it definitely works (using the latest commit on the develop branch)

I am using Eden final...

Ah ok this bug's fixed in my local repo, just doing some stuff and it'll be pushed in a short while
Just so everyone knows, in order to stop spamming this thread with my fork I've started a new topic (and renamed the fork), the post is at: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139839
Hi, i had my library synchronized with trakt, but due to a problem i had to erase it (deleted the mymovies60 from userdata).
Now i have to manualy import my sources and my question is:
is there's an option that trakt can synchronize my xbmc library (watched, progress, etc)?

thanks in advance

Journeyman
For a different problem i have enabled debugging and noticed this for TU

Quote:13:24:03 T:140130945447744 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Suspicious plug-in descriptor content in /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.TraktUtilities-0.6.5/addon.xml, line 14, column 5 (ignoring unexpected element res and its contents).'
13:24:04 T:140130945447744 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /usr/lib/xbmc/addons: No such file or directory'
Ok i'm new to trakt.tv...
Though i'm not sure what to take for xbmc and ipad...

So far as i can see, i see 3 addons for xbmc

- The original one trakt.tv addon
- This one , trakt utilities
- And latest? one "traktr"

which one do i get now?
if i get this one "trakt utilities", do i still need to install the original one then?

What are the differences?
I want to rate movies too.. as i can see, the original one cant do that?
And the latest one only has frodo compability? Are those the only differences?

Also for ipad.. what app do i take?

Thanks !
I am unable to authenticate to trakt via xbmc. I am certain I am using the correct username and password, I have tested it successfully on the trakt.tv website.

I am running the default windows firewall, but I don't see anything in any logs indicating a restriction. Does this connect over a port other than 80?

Here's a snippet of my log.

Code:
08:42:27 T:5300  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Mar 21 2012 (compiler 1600)
08:42:28 T:3912   ERROR: C:\Users\Keegan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.trakt\utilities.py:19: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha # Python 2.5 and earlier
08:42:28 T:3364  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:42:28 T:3912  NOTICE: [trakt] loading script.trakt version 1.0.1
08:42:28 T:3912  NOTICE: [trakt] json url: /account/test/(removed)
08:42:28 T:3912  NOTICE: [trakt] traktQuery: Error: failed authentication
08:42:29 T:5196   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect

I changed my password from one with special characters ($:!) to one with just alphanumerics and authentication continues to fail. I have tried using both http and https in the settings, both fail.
(2012-09-11, 08:25)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i'm new to trakt.tv...

which one do i get now?
if i get this one "trakt utilities", do i still need to install the original one then?

Thanks !

Essentially as far as I know there are 3 choices, script.trakt which supports scrobbling, eden and frodo but not rating/syncing (and is in the official repos) and can scrobble streaming videos, script.traktutilities which supports only eden, can sync movies/videos (so if you lose your xbmc library you can repopulate play counts/watched statuses from trakt) and can do simple ratings (i.e love/hate/unrated) and my fork traktr which supports eden and frodo, simple/advanced ratings and can also sync (and the next release will include support for scrobbling streaming video)
(2012-09-11, 15:23)seadog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-11, 08:25)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i'm new to trakt.tv...

which one do i get now?

Thanks !

Essentially as far as I know there are 3 choices, script.trakt which supports scrobbling, eden and frodo but not rating/syncing (and is in the official repos) and can scrobble streaming videos, script.traktutilities which supports only eden, can sync movies/videos (so if you lose your xbmc library you can repopulate play counts/watched statuses from trakt) and can do simple ratings (i.e love/hate/unrated) and my fork traktr which supports eden and frodo, simple/advanced ratings and can also sync (and the next release will include support for scrobbling streaming video)

So basically i should chose trakt if i want to rate the movies i saw..
Cause i just installed traktutilities, watched a movie, but i couldnt rate it, the only thing i could do is love/hate and click the unrate button...
Another thing that i saw using traktutilities was that my library i synced wasnt right
In xbmc i have 372 movies, and in trakt it showed all movies : 368 movies..
i dunno why

Also when i played the movie, at the end of it (i watched it completely) it gave me an error: that to rate.. runtime was too short (trailer?)
i dunno why?
then the box came to like/dislike/unrate...

and scrobbling means "displaying what you are watching in real time right?
Yeah scrobbling tells traKt what you're watching as you watch it and then sets it as just watched when it finishes, if you want 0->10 ratings though I don't think another addon offers it except for mine (traktr)
(2012-09-11, 15:34)seadog Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah scrobbling tells traKt what you're watching as you watch it and then sets it as just watched when it finishes, if you want 0->10 ratings though I don't think another addon offers it except for mine (traktr)

then im going for yours Wink