Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV1] LastFM "Search similar artists…" input only works once
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help:

I have been using XBMC on my hacked AppleTV1 for over a year, and on each version (up to the current nightly builds), I have been having the same malfunction with LastFM plugin (which I'm logged into):

In the LastFM add-on, when I "Search similar artists…" for the first time upon launching XBMC, I get the input dialog box to type in the artist name. That returns a list of similar artists, and the "listen to ____ similar artists Last.fm radio" option at the end of the list.

After choosing the last option and listening to the stream, I go back to the root of LastFM menu and select the same "Search similar artists…", but instead of the input dialog box, it takes me back to the same results screen as the first search, for that same artist, so I can never enter another artist name.

The same malfunction happens with "Search similar tags".

I know that this is not supposed to happen, since when I try it on XBMC on my Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard), I always get a new input dialog box each time I search.

Is there something I have set wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanks!
PPP
bump... anyone?
I wonder if it might be XBMC caching the results of the directory listing. A debug log might give a few hints.
jmarshall Wrote:I wonder if it might be XBMC caching the results of the directory listing. A debug log might give a few hints.

I'm not familiar at all with debug logs, etc. but I can make my way around a unix prompt... where would I find the log, and do I need to turn on logging in XBMC or does it log automatically?
See the wiki (or better, do a google search for debug log site:wiki.xbmc.org)
jmarshall Wrote:See the wiki (or better, do a google search for debug log site:wiki.xbmc.org)

thx will do and look around...
Got the debug log going, but I have no idea how to decipher the debug log.

Anyone have any ideas re: my original post at the top?