Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Linux - compiling 10.1 with CrystalHD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to build XBMC 10.1 from source with support for my BCM70015 CrystalHD card.

I'm using the module and library from Jarod Wilson's tree (http://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git/) and have the libraries installed under /usr/lib and the headers at /usr/include/libcrystalhd.

I've tried downloading the 10.1.tar.gz as well as cloning the repository and I keep getting the same results.

Help please? Wink

./configure --disable-webserver --enable-crystalhd
<snip>
checking for libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h... no
configure: error: == Could not find libcrystalhd. CrystalHD support disabled. ==

/usr/include
/usr/include/libcrystalhd
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_types.h
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_version.h
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libcrystalhd.so -> libcrystalhd.so.3.6
/usr/lib/libcrystalhd.so.3 -> libcrystalhd.so.3.6
/usr/lib/libcrystalhd.so.3.6
I've got the same problem with git master.

This is part of config log:

Code:
onfigure:22727: result: yes
configure:22760: checking for libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h
configure:22760: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -c -O2 -march=core2 -mtune=generic -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -mfpmath=sse -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG=1 -O2  conftest.c >&5
distcc[20914] ERROR: compile /var/tmp/ccache/conftest.tmp.hendrik-netbook.20910.i on localhost failed
In file included from /usr/include/libcrystalhd/libcrystalhd_if.h:33,
                 from conftest.c:138:
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:94: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:176: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:203: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:230: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:376: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint64_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:432: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:432: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:442: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint8_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:473: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint8_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:535: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint16_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:550: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:554: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:589: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint32_t'
/usr/include/libcrystalhd/bc_dts_defs.h:605: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'uint8_t'
configure:22760: $? = 1
Praetor.Zero Wrote:I'm trying to build XBMC 10.1 from source with support for my BCM70015 CrystalHD card.

I'm using the module and library from Jarod Wilson's tree (http://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git/) and have the libraries installed under /usr/lib and the headers at /usr/include/libcrystalhd.
<snip>

At least with mine, I've narrowed down the problem to a change made upstream with regards to the headers.

Reinstating this line to bc_dts_defs.h allows XBMC to build.
#include "bc_dts_types.h"

I'd rather not patch the header as I have no idea how that will affect anything else that depends on them.