Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] Getting LCD display to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just got an LCD Smartie kit, model DE-LP14112 from Sure Electronics and need help getting it to work in 10.1 loaded on an Acer Aspire Revo. right now when i plug the display in, it only displays the general "welcome screen" data such as the Sure Electronics logo or what have you.

i followed the general guidelines in LCD of the wiki, get the LCD.xml file set up how i want it to display, etc. and changed that <haslcd> value to true in the correct .xml file, but the problem is that every time i change it and restart XBMC, it reverts back to false! how do you change it and make it stay?

also, i assume the LCD will need a driver, so how do i download one for it?

thanks
bump
Try to login as root and remove write permissions of this file for user xbmc.
This is just a guess, but have you tried stopping xbmc service before editing files?

Software tends to take it personally if you edit files that are supposed to be under their control.

service xbmc-live stop
[edit files]
service xbmc-live start

The 'driver' usually gets installed when you add lcdproc

sudo apt-get install lcdproc

You probably have to edit LCDd.conf to configure your device. I can't remenber if the file is under /etc or under /etc/lcd

Either way, it should be something like

sudo nano /etc/LCDd.conf

to edit the file.

Find the most information possible about your device and start there.

h.udo
thanks guys. can i do this from WinSCP or must i access the Linux terminal from XBMC?
firstly i determined the driver needed is SureElec. lcdproc supposedly supports it (it said it was tested on their site but no more info than that).

also i got the lcd=true setting to stay in the file so thats taken care of.

looked around a bit and followed this guide and it didnt work. got to the end to start it up "sudo LCDd start" but it would not start up. gives error
Code:
Non-option arguments on the command line !
Critical error while processing settings, abort.
every time i try.

any other ideas?
Hi
Had a hell of a time getting mine to work(in the end it caused pauses in videos so I ditched it Sad ) anyway have a google for "LCDd.conf" this is what cause the most grief for me when setting it all up...If your lucky someone will have posted a conf for your specific lcd....
Wozza
so i assume that error is talking about those settings in LCDd.conf? there are settings that my LCD might not support so its kicking out that error. ill try setting most of them to 0.