Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [New Feature for Simplicity Skin] Skin Previews in Addon Info Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This will allow you to preview skins.

--

--

Cool, when did this get added?
Hitcher Wrote:Cool, when did this get added?

Today. I havent updated my GIT yet. I'll have to do it when I get home.
So this is a skin feature not an XBMC one then. Got confused then. Rolleyes
i like the idea, in fact, i like all your ideas :-)
good to see someone's thinking outside the box and finds a way
to implement things in the skin that aren't supported by xbmc.

i assume all screenshots are included in Simplicity?
ronie Wrote:i like the idea, in fact, i like all your ideas :-)
good to see someone's thinking outside the box and finds a way
to implement things in the skin that aren't supported by xbmc.

i assume all screenshots are included in Simplicity?

Thanks!

Yeah, they are in skin/extras/skinshots/"skin name"

I have requested someone to write a script that pulls from the wiki page with screenshots and creates the folders when its run. For now, I have all of them included. It adds 5MB to the skin. Sad
yes, will be better to handle that with a script.
ppic Wrote:yes, will be better to handle that with a script.

Got time? I always hope that you'll come to the rescue as you generate stuff the fastest and cleanest.

We need something that pulls from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skin_Screenshots, then puts them in folders named the "skin name".

In thinking, if we had a spot on the wiki for addon screenshots of all types, we could add this feature for all addons, not just skins.
not sure if/when they're coming, but skinart addons would be perfect for this imo.
ghostelement Wrote:Stealing my thunder! lol

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post754416

I posted in your thread, its not like I was being secretive. Smile I thought of it, did a search, found your thread and created the functionality. Didnt mean to steal your thunder.
igotdvds Wrote:I posted in your thread, its not like I was being secretive. Smile I thought of it, did a search, found your thread and created the functionality. Didnt mean to steal your thunder.

Ha ha, I know man, I'm just joking around. I'm just glad other people want to see this idea happen also. Smile
ghostelement Wrote:Ha ha, I know man, I'm just joking around. I'm just glad other people want to see this idea happen also. Smile

See it happen? Its happened! Big Grin
igotdvds Wrote:Got time? I always hope that you'll come to the rescue as you generate stuff the fastest and cleanest.

We need something that pulls from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skin_Screenshots, then puts them in folders named the "skin name".

In thinking, if we had a spot on the wiki for addon screenshots of all types, we could add this feature for all addons, not just skins.

i may have some time this week end, i need to see if the codepage is clean to do that.
you want to download them in one time ?
you want user access to launch the script ?
ppic Wrote:i may have some time this week end, i need to see if the codepage is clean to do that.
you want to download them in one time ?
you want user access to launch the script ?

It could run once on startup. It would only pull new items if new skins were added to the wiki, which would be rarely.
Pages: 1 2