Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slideshow and Music Playback issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm running XBMC on a Ubuntu 10.10 with kernel 2.6.35-28 without Pulseaudio, powered by an 2.6GHz Dual Core Processor (Athlon 64 X2 5000) over an ALC889A Sound chipset and Radeon HD3200 with 256mb shared.

Alright, here's the problem: When I'm playing a photo slideshow with some music on the background, when the music changes, it seems there's a battle between both players to see which one has the user' control. At first, the music is swapped, but slideshow freezes between two frames. If I press Play/Pause on my multimedia keyboard, it keeps changing between "Playing/Paused" quickly (there's a small pop-up that shows this). If I press TAB, it changes back to the Music Player, then I must press Pause and play the music again, then press TAB to go back to the slideshow. That's a workaround.

If I press "i" for music info, the bottom bar comes up (not the little Slideshow box with music info, but the one that shows up on the Music app one, taking over all of the screen' bottom), but it comes up all black and slowly, like lagging. If I press "i" again, it keeps coming back and forth quickly, with a 'bugged' appearance.

I have no problem playing the slideshow alone or the Music player alone, (though there are some visualizations on the music player that eats a lot of CPU resources and makes the music jitter, but that's another issue)

Anyone knows what might be causing this? Am I doing something wrong?

If necessary, I can make a short video and post it on Youtube.

Thanks

---
After some tests, seems like the Music Player takes over the control, but the Slideshow doesn't want to let go the display, so it freezes and keep repeating between the last 2 frames. Clicking TAB twice fixes this, but I don't want to pick the keyboard and press TAB twice everytime a music changes.

----
Disabling Music Player visualizations doesn't fix it.
Anything?
I've also noticed that sometimes when playing any music, it pauses the music at the exact moment I start playing it, and sometimes pauses randomly in any point of the music, and I need to press Play/Pause twice to unpause it. What might be causing it? How do I enable the debug log to check what's going on under the hood?
well, does anybody knows how to fix it??
I'm getting the exact same issue - not much help I know.
I've tried running XBMC on my netbook, played some music and started a slideshow. Same issue. Seems like to be a XBMC Bug.

What might be causing the bug: XBMC Music Player grabs the user control and tries to get the display priority, but the Slideshow doesn't give up so easily and keeps fighting. Pressing TAB (in which wouldn't render anything on the Slideshow) brings up the Music Player. Pressing I (which would show up a small OSD about the music in the Slideshow), shows up the Music Player Music Info OSD.

Where should I post XBMC Bugs?
Hi guys,

Just googling for this problem and found your thread - really pleased to hear that it's an XBMC issue rather than my kit but was wondering if anyone here had reported it as a bug in the end?
Nope, I didn't..
Totally forgot about it. Will be glad if you do =)
:-)

Slick - very slick :-p

Not done one before but if you hadn't posted your prob I wouldn't have found this thread so guess it's the least I can do. Dammit. Smile

I'll post a link once I've done it
Hi everybody,

i have the same issue and found that in GUIWindowSlideShow.cpp
in line 677 the VideoFullscreenWindow is activated on every track change.
This causes the two screens to overlay and the slideshow to interrupt.
Simply commenting out this line solved the problem for me. :-)

HTH
Mike
MikeM Wrote:Hi everybody,

i have the same issue and found that in GUIWindowSlideShow.cpp
in line 677 the VideoFullscreenWindow is activated on every track change.
This causes the two screens to overlay and the slideshow to interrupt.
Simply commenting out this line solved the problem for me. :-)

HTH
Mike

Hi!

I have the exact same issue with my XBMC on ATV2 and would love to fix it like you did. However, I cannot find the GUIWindowSlideShow.cpp. Any idea how it may be solved on an ATV? Where should the file normally be?
nachtzwerg Wrote:Hi!

I have the exact same issue with my XBMC on ATV2 and would love to fix it like you did. However, I cannot find the GUIWindowSlideShow.cpp. Any idea how it may be solved on an ATV? Where should the file normally be?

The file should be in rootOfSource/xbmc/xbmc/pictures.
MikeM Wrote:The file should be in rootOfSource/xbmc/xbmc/pictures.

Mhh ok. Seems like I cannot get to this file on my ATV since XBMC needs to be compiled to be installed on iOS. I will post it as a "bug", maybe somebody will be able to fix this and include it in the next nightly.

Thanks