Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Choppy HD playback on Shuttle XS35GT-804
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Like it says. I'm running windows 7. 720 and 1080 are both exhibiting the same choppy video. Audio seems to be fine.
Hmm...okay...

1. Do you have fullscreen enabled and DXVA2 on?
2. Is rendering set to Software, Automatic, or Pixel Shaders?
3. Is Vsync on or off?
4. Sync Display or Video set? To what?
5. What build of XBMC? Dharma 10?
Rendering is set to DXVA2, the method is set to auto, I take it that by VSYNC you mean sync playback to display? it's set to off. Display rate matched to video is off, and this is Dharma.
Try turning on

Adjust display refresh rate to match video
I'll try it, but I think I did that and wound up getting an error from my TV.
Tried that. No dice.
kruuth Wrote:Like it says. I'm running windows 7. 720 and 1080 are both exhibiting the same choppy video. Audio seems to be fine.

I get this with some movies, like Battlestar Galactica mini-series, it plays choppy in XBMC and VLC players but plays fine in Windows Media Player 12, its a .mkv file.

I'm guessing it must have something to do with the way the file was encoded

You can try re-encoding your file with handbrake...
It might be worth posting a debug log showing an attempt to play one of the videos that is choppy.

JR
The problem seems to be that they play just fine on the other unit I have.
I'm not sure how to attach a file, but I did a little more testing last night, and I'm seeing this on 720 and 1080. How do I post the log? It's too big to stick here.
kruuth Wrote:I'm not sure how to attach a file, but I did a little more testing last night, and I'm seeing this on 720 and 1080. How do I post the log? It's too big to stick here.

Paste it into pastebin.com and post the link here.

JR
Here is the link, I hope. Never used it before:

http://pastebin.com/ZxfZJ1se
Anything guys?
that's maybe your problem:

WARNING: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 37987, consumed: 0

i have the same issue on my acer revo 3610 for weeks now.
couldnt find a solution yet.

on my other windows 7 system with an ati HD4850 card there's no problem at all with video playback.

download this ( xbmc DS Player build )
tried it yesterday and it seems to do the trick.

http://upload.donnet.ru/91f7aadd

press "c" on video selection and then "play using..." ---> DS Player.

maybe it will solve your problem until a real solution is found.
This is great. Hopefully this will be fixed in a new build of XBMC.

Is there a way to use DS player?
Pages: 1 2