Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] veetle.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Watching TNG on Veetle now. Smile Working great.
Let me add my thanks to Rick. Played with it a bit last night and it is an excellent add-on!
newest build from right now (134374df4b).
it shows categories and schedule. But entering these two: not possible.

Doing anything wrong?
(2012-11-15, 16:35)PKOneTwo Wrote: [ -> ]newest build from right now (134374df4b).
it shows categories and schedule. But entering these two: not possible.

Doing anything wrong?

No, I encounter the same problem. It seems there was a change in how query URLs are passed to Python scripts.

I think I might be able to fix it so it works with both Eden and Frodo.
@ rick: Any progress on selected channel schedule display?
(2012-11-16, 21:51)spyder Wrote: [ -> ]@ rick: Any progress on selected channel schedule display?

Yes, today I added the schedule and some other channel infos to the media info view. The mapping from label to info is:

- Director: Veetle username
- Genre: Veetle category
- Tagline: Channel description
- Plot: Schedule

It's a very simple/pragmatic solution, but I think it works quite well. Please note that the schedule will only display the next few hours.

You can get the updated plugin from GitHub.
I downloaded to try the update out and at first I thought I reinstalled the previous version. I then realized its in 'Show Information'. There needs to be a media info view option for this to be worthwhile. Don't get me wrong, the work you've done to make the info available is awesome, but having to click on an item, click show info, then exit just to see what is coming up is cumbersome.
(2012-11-17, 19:09)spyder Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded to try the update out and at first I thought I reinstalled the previous version. I then realized its in 'Show Information'. There needs to be a media info view option for this to be worthwhile. Don't get me wrong, the work you've done to make the info available is awesome, but having to click on an item, click show info, then exit just to see what is coming up is cumbersome.

Uhm yeah, should have thought of that. Changed the content type for category view to 'movies' which enables some other view types. 'Media Info View' seems to be the best for what you want to achieve, but for some reason the channel images are not displayed in this view type. Can you confirm if this is normal? Or do the images here use a different info label?
Hey rick dekard from where to download the updated veetle plugin. I got the same old plugin from the gethub link as shown on the first post of this tread.
And why not put it into repo so the addon gets updated automatically.
(2012-11-17, 22:49)Gull Wrote: [ -> ]Hey rick dekard from where to download the updated veetle plugin. I got the same old plugin from the gethub link as shown on the first post of this tread.

You can find the latest version on my GitHub account: https://github.com/sissbruecker/xbmc-veetle-plugin

Though I get your point, it's misleading and it would be cool if we could get the OP updated. But AFAIK no one has seen t0mm0 for quite a while?

Edit: Regarding repositories - there are still some things I want to fix before making a proper release. As stated above it seems that in it's current state the plugin will not work in Frodo. Also I still have to catch up on how the whole repository thing works, although folks from XBMC Hub already offered support.
(2012-11-17, 22:40)rick deckard Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm yeah, should have thought of that. Changed the content type for category view to 'movies' which enables some other view types. 'Media Info View' seems to be the best for what you want to achieve, but for some reason the channel images are not displayed in this view type. Can you confirm if this is normal? Or do the images here use a different info label?

Works great, glad to hear that it was just a content type change. I am using 'Media Info 2' which shows the thumbnail with the schedule. That's odd that it doesn't show up in 'Media Info' view, Hulu shows the episode thumbnails in both media info views, and it looks like it's treating the channel image as an episode thumb in all other views. Regardless, this is perfect now, thanks again for the evolution of this plugin.

As for the official repo and it not working in Frodo, I remember this happening in Dharma. I held off until the addons I used worked and then updated, it's a pita that most(all?) addons need to be changed to support a new release. I'm sure there is some reason behind it, but I don't see why addons get broken for new core features.

(2012-11-17, 22:56)rick deckard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-17, 22:49)Gull Wrote: [ -> ]Hey rick dekard from where to download the updated veetle plugin. I got the same old plugin from the gethub link as shown on the first post of this tread.

You can find the latest version on my GitHub account: https://github.com/sissbruecker/xbmc-veetle-plugin

Though I get your point, it's misleading and it would be cool if we could get the OP updated. But AFAIK no one has seen t0mm0 for quite a while?

Edit: Regarding repositories - there are still some things I want to fix before making a proper release. As stated above it seems that in it's current state the plugin will not work in Frodo. Also I still have to catch up on how the whole repository thing works, although folks from XBMC Hub already offered support.

Thanks rick for the wonderful job you have done. You are amazing.

great plugin, works easier then the veetle own website.
can u tell me how to uninstall veetle from xbmc for windows, thanks
(2012-12-14, 20:27)powel Wrote: [ -> ]can u tell me how to uninstall veetle from xbmc for windows, thanks

Cant you just remove it (uninstall) from de addons menu? You can remove it by "brute force" also, deleting its folder from the addons folder....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31