Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MAC] Remote conflict between XBMC & Boxee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I use both Boxee and XBMC on my Late 2006 MacBook, hooked up to my 720p LCD TV. I have the latest up-to-date versions of both Boxee & XBMC. I use a Logitech Harmony 525 acting as an Apple Remote to control both, and it works fine in both XBMC & Boxee. XBMCHelper launches XBMC with the Menu button, which is as I want it.

But...

After running Boxee, the remote functionality goes back to the default Apple Remote behaviour, launching Front Row with the Menu button, and not working properly with XBMC. From what I can tell, when Boxee runs, it messes with XBMCHelper, because quitting the XBMCHelper process using Activity Monitor and then running XBMC (which restarts it) restores the desired functionality.

Now, I'd like to use both XBMC & Boxee, because they both serve my purposes well for different things. Quitting the XBMCHelper process manually, and then running XBMC to restart is a functional workaround, but not at all a desirable one.

There has got to be a way to make Boxee and XBMC play nice together, and have the remote work for Boxee and then let XBMCHelper take over again once I quit Boxee.

Any ideas?
Nobody? I'm the only one who has this problem?
Maybe you're the only XBMC + Boxee user with that particular remote. Smile

I'm not sure what the issue is, but one thing you could try is running XBMCHelper in verbose mode from the Terminal. I believe it's with the -v command line option.

See if it outputs anything strange (or anything at all). Also, test to check if BoxeeHelper starts running.

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:Maybe you're the only XBMC + Boxee user with that particular remote. Smile
The Harmony Remote is acting as a default Apple Remote, so I'd assume anyone running both and using the Apple Remote would have the same issue.