Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie library not correct
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My movie library is showing triplicated movies in some cases.

I have tried:
Cleaning the library
Rescanning
Deleting source

All of these made no difference, even deleting the source, still showed the movies in triplicate.

I turned the debug mode on:

http://pastebin.com/1sEqNnCq

In the past I have reinstalled XBMC, this fix the problem.

Can you please help.
fishypops Wrote:My movie library is showing triplicated movies in some cases.

I have tried:
Cleaning the library
Rescanning
Deleting source

All of these made no difference, even deleting the source, still showed the movies in triplicate.

I turned the debug mode on:

http://pastebin.com/1sEqNnCq

In the past I have reinstalled XBMC, this fix the problem.

Can you please help.

One thing i noticed real quick was that you have G: and V: mapped to the same source which will double everything in that folder. Remove one of them then run clean.

G:\Movies\Adult\Black Swan
V:\Movies\Adult\Black Swan
that is the strange thing though... I don't have then both mapped. I only have one of them mapped. Even if I delete all sources, the result is still the same. It is as if XBMC is ignoring my actual sources.
I had a similar issue at one point, and finally discovered several different causes for this problem:

1) When deleting a source, you are asked if you want to delete the content from the library. If you say no, then the source effectively remains as an Update Library source, even though it is no longer listed in the sources.xml. Personally, I think this is a bug, but there may be a reason that I'm overlooking.

2) XBMC seems to store hard-coded paths, so if your source is originally something like
"smb://MyNas/TV" and you change it to "smb://TheIPAddress/TV", you will now have two sources pointed to the same media, which causes dupes when updating.

3) I have all my media on NAS SMB shares. Occasionally I will mount one of those shares on my computer to do some kind of manual housekeeping. If it's mounted when I do a library update on the computer, I end up with dupes.

Maybe one of those situations applies to you.
fishypops Wrote:that is the strange thing though... I don't have then both mapped. I only have one of them mapped. Even if I delete all sources, the result is still the same. It is as if XBMC is ignoring my actual sources.

Perhaps you changed the mapping on a drive and got left with both in your sources. Your log is a bit big so perhaps next time you should delete it then run the scan and upload it. Also paste your sources.xml file since it may be directly related to the issue. As Chips mentioned there are a few idiosyncracies but they're not really bugs...just supporting a lot of different file systems. If you really don't have duplicated mappings then cleaning should remove those duplicates. Check your drive mappings in Windows to ensure you don't have movies mapped twice. If you have videos listed in the database, remove the source and say no to remove from library when XBMC scans and the path is valid it will not clean them out. Another area you can get duplicates is with multi-part files such as FilenameCD1.AVI, FilenameCD2.AVI if they're not named correctly. Trailers can also look like Videos if they're not named properly.
OK. thanks for the replies. I am afraid though I am no further forwards.

1. I had deleted my source and the content from the library. Still the movies are showing up.
2. I have duplicates of almost everything (but not in reality). I have no multipart filenames
3. I have made sure that there were no other mapping in windows. But how do you delete the mappings in XBMC ?
4. My sources.xml is as follows (it confirms that I have deleted the movies sources)
- <sources>
- <programs>
<default pathversion="1" />
</programs>
- <video>
- <source>
<name>Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://BB1/FDrive/Shows/</path>
</source>
</video>
- <music>
- <source>
<name>Music</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://BB1/CDrive/Music/Music/</path>
</source>
</music>
- <pictures>
<default pathversion="1">Picture Add-ons</default>
- <source>
<name>Pictures</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://BB1/CDrive/Pictures/</path>
</source>
</pictures>
- <files>
</files>
</sources>

So I am still stumped. I even tried uninstalling XBMC. No change.
Update: So, with the movie sources removed, I cleaned the library, then exited directly, rebooted the W7 PC. When I went back into XBMC, it rescanned for new content, went through a full and lengthy scan. Now it has only one copy of each movie. Which is fine... but I am still left with no sources...obviously this is not a comfortable situation.

Whilst XBMC was updating, sharethetv updated, it looks fine too....
http://sharethe.tv/sharethetv/

but again... I still need to get to the bottom of things.

should I just try to completely uninstall XBMC ?
fishypops:

When I was resolving a very similar issue, I had to:

Remove the source and say "yes, remove from Library"

THEN, I had to go into the Library and remove the items that were left over from previous source issues.

Once I had done that, I cleaned the Library, re-added the sources, and it's all been good ever since.
fishypops Wrote:Update: So, with the movie sources removed, I cleaned the library, then exited directly, rebooted the W7 PC. When I went back into XBMC, it rescanned for new content, went through a full and lengthy scan. Now it has only one copy of each movie. Which is fine... but I am still left with no sources...obviously this is not a comfortable situation.

Whilst XBMC was updating, sharethetv updated, it looks fine too....
http://sharethe.tv/sharethetv/

but again... I still need to get to the bottom of things.

When I looked at your xml file I'm thinking where's the Movies that I saw in your log. How can XBMC scan movies if you don't have any movie sources? In your log you had drives listed as G: and V: and now your showing SMB:. Did you change things? You should also turn off sharethetv while you're trying to figure things out. The way things work is that you enter a Source through the video tab then tell it the content type and select your scanner such as IMDB or TheMovieDB. The content type and scanner info gets placed into the path table of the database. When XBMC scans if first reads in the sources.xml to see where to look. When it finds that path it looks in the path table to find the matching path and calls the proper scanner. Unless your movies are under smb://BB1/FDrive/Shows/ and you have scan recursively turned on it should see them.
OK, I gave up when all of a sudden the TV shows completely disappeared. So I resorted to my old favourite:
I completely deleted XBMC and profiles.

All is well again... until the next time. (this has happened before). It is not so difficult to reinstall.