Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to create Video Playlist (any format)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

I am getting on to a project to convert my mini-dv and sony-d8 tapes to hard-disk for archival. I will be using dvgrab -autosplit to automatically split the scenes, so that I can later use the footage in a NLE to compose movies... (as I dont have time now). I will also be using ffmpeg to convert each of these scenes to mp4, (smaller size, plays very well in my xbmc frontend from my backend/media server). I currently have to go through each file to see each scene, instead it would be good if I create some form of a playlist which will play all the scenes in sequence. I am doing all this on my ubuntu box, so I can write a shell/perl script to automatically create a playlist, however I wanted to use relative paths, instead of "absoulte" paths, but I am not sure which format supports that..

Can someone please enlighten me ?

Ghat
Anyone Huh
Have you tried right click\\play on the folder with your videos?

This plays all the videos in sequence
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have been searching for a solution to the same problem. I know you can do as suggested above, but for the sake of SAF, I would prefer a one-click "video playlist" solution, rather than having to go into folders and context menus.

Is there a way to tell XBMC to play a set of video files through the use of an.nfo file? i.e. create a library entry that actually plays multiple files in a particular sequence?
Thank you. I created a smart playlist that includes all the files I want to play, but after it plays the first one, it simply goes back to the main list and doesn't automatically proceed to the next in the series. Is there a way to tell it to automatically play the next video in the playlist?
queue the playlist. or hit play on the playlist, not on its first element. by default the video player won't play the next item in a list unless you manually queue it (this can be changed in settings). that is the alternative solution, but flipping that bool applies globally.