Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fully automated, voice-controlled HTPC - thanks to supplemental tools....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you to all of supplemental tools developers!!!!!

I just wanted to show what's capable of via the tools here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc6doaMiEpc

This system is capable of the following via voice (as well all of the other normal XBMC stuff)

-Playing random episodes of TV show X.
-Play Random TV shows of Genre X.
-Playing hits by artist X.
-Play music - and control the slide show next/previous wthout messing up the music.
-Switching presets on the fly just by saying "Next Preset"
-Showing Recently Added TV episodes/ Movies/ Music.
-Starting up specific playlists.
-Scrolling through collections either fast or slow with one voice command.
-Controlling all of my receiver's functions via voice.
-Turn debugging on and off.

And the best thing is - NO click, click, click. When you have a 21,000 song+ strong music library, this system is nothing short of amazing.

How to get there:

Voice-control via VoxCommando - $25 (backed up by EventGhost), and Amulet remote control- $149.

You'll need the xml files linked to configure both voxcommando and eventghost. The first link includes a very in-depth break-down of the resources to make your own XBMC commands - though my xml file is pretty exhaustive Wink.

A 10 port usb hub, including 2 flip-up ports, which gives additional range to the Amulet remote. The 10 ports are nice for all of my usb drives containing content.

This RS232/usb cable to stretch between my Denon 3808ci AVR and my Asrock 330 Nvidia ION RT HTPC.

The serial cable enables me to control the Receiver via voice. (VoxCommando->EventGhost->DenonPlugin-> Receiver).

XBMC is running the Customizable Confluence MOD, cinema experience, , and Pandora.

Fully automated content retrieval and storage via Sickbeard and Couchpotato.