Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weird XBMC issue with Apple TV 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im fairly new to XBMC so bear with me here. And for starters I just want to say that this is a awesome piece of software. Completely user friendly and meticulously designed.
With that being said, here is my dilemma.
I recently jailbroke my Apple TV2, and sucessfully installed XBMC. The problem I am having is it seeing my Windows 7 shared folders (smb). Now I know this seems to be a pretty common problem with many users who dont know what they are doing, and I have gone through all the steps accordingly that I could find, to no avail.
So far I have thought it is a problem with my network, until recently. I have found out that XBMC is also available for the iPhone, so I figured I would give it a shot. Well, much to my surprise, it works. It picked up my smb folders right away, and works flawlessly.
Could it be a simple as a bad install on the Apple TV? I will try uninstalling it once I am home to see if that helps. I have also tried entering the network location manually, restarting the router, Apple TV etc and nothing seemed to work.
And just to clarify, both the iPhone and the Apple TV are both on the same wireless network, and the Windows 7 machine is wired to the same router.
What did you use to jailbreak the atv?
Seasonpass? Greenpoison?
dtviewer Wrote:What did you use to jailbreak the atv?
Seasonpass? Greenpoison?

Sn0wbreeze. I had problems with Seasonpass tethered a month ago, so I figured I would try something different. First one I tried, so I could try Greenpoison to see if that would make a difference
I'll re-jailbreak with greenpoison tonight and see if that works better. I'll post results regardless. Thanks for the tip dtviewer
What is your build version?

Greenpois0n will only work on 4.1.1 (iOS 4.2.1).

You will need to use Seas0npass for 4.2.1(2100) (iOS 4.3.1) and install the Semi nightly build of XBMC. You can use these instructions for Seas0npass and 4.2.1(2100): http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=772...stcount=98
itsalltrash Wrote:What is your build version?

Greenpois0n will only work on 4.1.1 (iOS 4.2.1).

You will need to use Seas0npass for 4.2.1(2100) (iOS 4.3.1) and install the Semi nightly build of XBMC. You can use these instructions for Seas0npass and 4.2.1(2100): http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=772...stcount=98

Ya your right. Im running 4.2.1. Season Pass has been updated and from the looks of it, its untethered. I will give that a shot once Im home.
Still, I dont see how the jailbreak is corrupt. Everything works fine, it just doesnt see my smb folders. Just seems odd.

EDIT: You have seen this issue before! Thats awesome. Thanks for the write up, great tutorial. I will be sure to do this first when I have the chance. I will post my results. Thanks again!
You did it itsalltrash! It works perfectly. Thanks so much!! Very much appreciated!!
Glad that I could help! Enjoy!

BTW, there should be a new semi-nightly build released by Kieth. If you are having any additional issues (other than sound at the moment) they may be addressed in the next release. Keep an eye on the forums for updates.