Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FREE iPhone Media Controller XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

We created a new "Mobile Media Center for XBMC" based on DLNA / UPnP, called ZappoTV. It is for free available from iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zappotv/id406973397

There are video podcasts (and a management system to keep track of the stuff you watched and the new episodes coming out), YouTube, you can watch the photos / videos from your iPhone on XBMC and listen to all your music wireless streamed to XBMC. Also includes access to local media servers, Picasa, Facebook and Flickr.

I would appreciate if you can give it a try and let me know what you think about it.

To use the app, make sure that your iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad are on the same local network as XBMC.

Thanks in advance,
JEEVO
JEEVO Wrote:Hi,

We created a new "Mobile Media Center for XBMC" based on DLNA / UPnP, called ZappoTV. It is for free available from iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zappotv/id406973397

There are video podcasts (and a management system to keep track of the stuff you watched and the new episodes coming out), YouTube, you can watch the photos / videos from your iPhone on XBMC and listen to all your music wireless streamed to XBMC. Also includes access to local media servers, Picasa, Facebook and Flickr.

I would appreciate if you can give it a try and let me know what you think about it.

To use the app, make sure that your iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad are on the same local network as XBMC.

Thanks in advance,
JEEVO

Pretty cool, the remote interface could use a little work as it is a bit plain but it does work.

It would be really cool if this could play mkv files!

Thanks,

Kewlj1313
Thanks, it should be able to play .mkv files (if XBMC can).

For others who want to try this app, please note that in XBMC, you need to switch the setting for Network / Settings / System "Allow control of XBMC via UPnP" to ON.
A guide on how to get started would be nice. I went to the main ZappoTV site and couldn't find any information on how to get started. I've been able to get three other XBMC remotes working within a couple minutes, but ZappoTV is a no go. Every time the app searches for a device, it doesn't find my XBMC device...
Hi Shuey,

Here is the guide on how it all works:

http://www.zappo.tv/application-manual.html

Short summary:
1. Make sure the iDevice and XBMC are on the same local area network.
2. In XBMC, you need to switch the setting for Network / Settings / System "Allow control of XBMC via UPnP" to ON.
3. Launch ZappoTV.
4. In the Devices screen of ZappoTV, you will find XBMC as a TV Playout System.
5. Click on XBMC in this screen, it then moves to the selected TV Playout.
6. Go to the Browse screen and you can choose any content you like and it will start playing on XBMC.

Good luck, if it doesn't work for you, let me know and we will sort it out.
Thanks for the reply Jeevo. Unfortunately, I already did everything listed in your post. The problem I'm having is that my iPad running ZappoTV is not seeing my device (my computer running XBMC). Any tips to fix this? BTW, it's not a firewall issue. I have XBMC allowed through the firewall and I'm able to see my computer running XBMC with three other iPad remote apps.
Can you send me your log (MyZappoTV / Settings / Send application log)?
With the log I will have a better chance to see if something is wrong here.
Ok, I sent my log - thank you
Hi Shuey,
We recently made some changes in the networking protocols in the app. Right now version 1.4.1. is available in the app store. Maybe that one works on your network as well.
Cheers,
JEEVO