Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] XonX - Utilise a central XBMC library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yep, I was right. I need to adjust the code for non-English characters. I'll have a look at what needs doing.

Thanks for the log.
I think I need to do some tests on that also, I'm somewhat unsure how we handle non-english in json tbh. Does webinterface work as expected?

@hippojay, if we handle it correctly (not the if Smile ) then the json object should be in utf-8
topfs2 Wrote:@hippojay, if we handle it correctly (not the if Smile ) then the json object should be in utf-8

Yeah, the i believe the returned JSON response is fine, it's how I handle the file path and encode it into a URL that's the problem Blush
I would try quote and not quoteplus, not sure if we support the latter as URL. We probably should though, might be worth opening a feature request for it if that was the problem.

EDIT: Might be that you want to use urlib.urlencode actually, I haven't really played with python enough to state which creates the correct urlencode. its escape in js though.

P.S you can use the Files.Download to generate a url we will for sure understand.
Hi,

I can't seem to get this working. My main box is XBMC live. I've added all my media there locally.

Then I have a Macbook Pro running XBMC 10.1. I've installed the zip and adjusted the settings to see my main box. It accesses Movies and TV Shows, but when I click either I just get "Script failed." Any thoughts? Not sure where to find a log...
evanl81 Wrote:Hi,

I can't seem to get this working. My main box is XBMC live. I've added all my media there locally.

Then I have a Macbook Pro running XBMC 10.1. I've installed the zip and adjusted the settings to see my main box. It accesses Movies and TV Shows, but when I click either I just get "Script failed." Any thoughts? Not sure where to find a log...

Same HereNo
A couple of questions - How does this differ/what are the benefits of this over using the already existing XBMC UPnP sharing approach?

Once you go into the add on, do you essentially get the full library views with skinning etc so that it's basically transparent once you're inside the add on?
phileas50 Wrote:Same HereNo

Yeah, multi-language support is a bit off. Currently re-scraping my library into german to get a better handle on the problem..

bossanova808 Wrote:A couple of questions - How does this differ/what are the benefits of this over using the already existing XBMC UPnP sharing approach?

Once you go into the add on, do you essentially get the full library views with skinning etc so that it's basically transparent once you're inside the add on?

Not used the UPnP approach, but as I understand it you get file listing only? XonX displays the full XBMC library, sourced from a central XBMC instance. Not quite transparent yet, but it probably could be in the future..
i'm getting a "connection refused" error when trying to access the movies or tv shows section. not quite sure where to go from here.

i forwarded port 80 to the host machine 'n all that. not quite sure what i'm doing wrong.
hippojay Wrote:Not used the UPnP approach, but as I understand it you get file listing only? XonX displays the full XBMC library, sourced from a central XBMC instance. Not quite transparent yet, but it probably could be in the future..

Very interesting indeed - I haven't tried uPnP yet either, currently using MySQL but I know that at least one dev (jmarshall) is very not-keen on that so I am hoping there will be a better viable alternative that behaves as seemlessly.

Another question - does this actually pull the files from the 'server' machine or does it just basically give it a local link the client can use to pull the file directly (if you see what I mean?). That is - the server is acting as a library server, but is it also acting as a file server (meaning my little Shuttle probably wouldn't be up to the job if multiple machines are playing at once).

Edit - I could run XBMC on my ACTUAL server (a Win7 box) but having discussed this with jmarshall before - it's a VERY heavy app to run just as server really...
twotone8 Wrote:i'm getting a "connection refused" error when trying to access the movies or tv shows section. not quite sure where to go from here.

i forwarded port 80 to the host machine 'n all that. not quite sure what i'm doing wrong.

Are you able to access the server directly (through a browser)?:

http://<your server IP or name>:<port if not 80>/jsonrpc

It should come back with a "Json is working" type message. If not, then something in XBMC is not configured correctly. In fact, I might put that test into the addon later to speed up diags..

bossanova808 Wrote:Another question - does this actually pull the files from the 'server' machine or does it just basically give it a local link the client can use to pull the file directly (if you see what I mean?). That is - the server is acting as a library server, but is it also acting as a file server (meaning my little Shuttle probably wouldn't be up to the job if multiple machines are playing at once).

This needs XBMC to be up and running to get library information. If using SMB as the transfer protocol, then this is handed off to your XBMC client/OS and you can turn the server XBMC off. If it's a file local to Server XBMC, then you need to keep it running

Quote:Edit - I could run XBMC on my ACTUAL server (a Win7 box) but having discussed this with jmarshall before - it's a VERY heavy app to run just as server really...

I agree - there is no seperation of the server/client portions of XBMC and I understand that this is by design - the guys don't want to split XBMC in two. However this does mean that we are limited to the approach we can take.

1. We use XBMC to get the info
2. We talk directly to the DB to get the info

1. is easy to do (as shown here), 2. is more problematic for a number of reasons.

I don't want to go into it here, but if you fancy a bit more discussion then could I suggest this thead:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96649
New version 0.3.2
Fixes non-ASCII chars in local filenames (hopefully, hard to test fully as I'm in the UK)
Ok. Now it works with films but not with tv-shows. And only on normal computers, not on my ipad
Hmmm, I made the same change for tv shows so that should have worked.
Also, whilst I have an iPad I haven't jail broken it, so it's untested.

If you enable debug mode within the addon (there is a debug section in the addon settings menu) and post/paste me up an xbmc.log I'll take a look..
i was the one having the "connection refused error, and i found some weird goings on.

for some reason i'm unable to connect to my xbmc web access from one of my computers. i run the thing in portable mode, and i was able to access it great from my primary computer using port 80, or any port for that matter, but when i launched it from my secondary computer i could only get the /jsonrpc thing to display when typing 127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc

when i tried to access it from my other computer, nothing would load. it's weird. it's working just fine from one machine, but not from the other. i've opened all the ports from my router, and even through windows firewall, something's just not getting through.

it's strange, seeing as it's the exact same installation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4