Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Just want to confirm which build for ISO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got the ATV2 in yesterday and want to get the XBMC installed. It says version 4.1.1 but during setup at some point I remember something that said 4.2.1. I am confused on that. I can't seem to find the right search but I think I remember if I want to read ISO files, I have to use the latest nightly build. I also remember there is something with iOS 4.3 that you really need for AirPlay to work right but for now everyone is recommending NOT updating.
Unofficial builds support ISO (check stickies for more info on how to get it installed)
4.2.1 is what you want for now (my recommendation) so you don't have to change anything. There is weird numbering between apple versions and IOS versions. So 4.1.1 actually means 4.2.1 (or something like that Smile ) Search around the forum for detail explanation.
uomiarz Wrote:Unofficial builds support ISO (check stickies for more info on how to get it installed)
4.2.1 is what you want for now (my recommendation) so you don't have to change anything. There is weird numbering between apple versions and IOS versions. So 4.1.1 actually means 4.2.1 (or something like that Smile ) Search around the forum for detail explanation.

There's a question on the topic in the official FAQ in case it helps:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...running.3F
Still have some confusion. IF the AT2 has the iOS 4.2.1 but I do a jail break will it up convert it to iOS 4.3 or stay with 4.2? Does the AT2 software stay at 4.1.1 like it says now? If I do the AT2 update, does it take the AT2 to 4.2.1 and the iOS to 4.3? I'm gathering that's how it works but if it is best to stay with 4.2.1 (iOS or AT2 software?) how do you accomplish it? Very confusing....