Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Library Messed Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had to reinstall XBMC since I was getting errors. Decided to update to Dharma. When I tried to add my 116 different tv shows, only 60 showed up. All of the episodes from the other 56 shows were put into a tv show with no name. I tried to remove it but it doesn't go through. I have 1585 episodes in this blank tv show. When I look inside of it, it has all of the episode names and information. I have a file system of /TVShowName/Season1/S01E01 and an .nfo file for each, so it should be fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Dandeman321 Wrote:I had to reinstall XBMC since I was getting errors. Decided to update to Dharma. When I tried to add my 116 different tv shows, only 60 showed up. All of the episodes from the other 56 shows were put into a tv show with no name. I tried to remove it but it doesn't go through. I have 1585 episodes in this blank tv show. When I look inside of it, it has all of the episode names and information. I have a file system of /TVShowName/Season1/S01E01 and an .nfo file for each, so it should be fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Are you saying that you don't have a main folder as in

/TVShows/TVShowname/SeasonX/Episodes

Where is your video source set at? I seem to remember something about things not working right if the source is the root drive but I've run so many different media centers I'm fuzzy on some details.
Correct. I have a external HD hooked up. There is a folder in there called TV Shows. It contains a folder for each show. So the path would be /TV Shows/House/Season 1/S01E01

When I click on tv shows from the main screen, 60 of the shows show up. The remaining ones are in a folder with no name. After I first searched for new content, the remaining shows wouldn't be caught by the scan. So I had to go inside and select each one separately. They then added but went to that blank folder.
Dandeman321 Wrote:Correct. I have a external HD hooked up. There is a folder in there called TV Shows. It contains a folder for each show. So the path would be /TV Shows/House/Season 1/S01E01

When I click on tv shows from the main screen, 60 of the shows show up. The remaining ones are in a folder with no name. After I first searched for new content, the remaining shows wouldn't be caught by the scan. So I had to go inside and select each one separately. They then added but went to that blank folder.

It's possible that some of the NFO files don't have proper information and since they exist XBMC will not scan the files. You could test this theory by removing the NFO files on a few episodes to see if they scan. Are there tvshow.nfo files for the actual shows? If there are NFO's for episodes but not for the main show it might explain it.
Each show has an .nfo file. They all worked before I upgraded, so I don't really think that would be the problem. I could try to scan without the nfos and it may just pick it up. The problem I have with the library now is that there is a blank tv show with 1500 episodes of random shows and I can't remove it. I'm thinking about just reinstalling :/ Hopefully that will work.
Dandeman321 Wrote:Each show has an .nfo file. They all worked before I upgraded, so I don't really think that would be the problem. I could try to scan without the nfos and it may just pick it up. The problem I have with the library now is that there is a blank tv show with 1500 episodes of random shows and I can't remove it. I'm thinking about just reinstalling :/ Hopefully that will work.

You have a few options for resetting your data without reinstalling everything. Backup your video db then delete it and XBMC will create a new blank video database. Another option is installing the SQLite browser and manually removing the show from the path table. To get rid of the episode records you would have note the idPath of the 1500 episodes and run a sql query to delete them. Make sure you turn on debug logging in XBMC setup and delete the log before rescanning then pastebin your xbmc.log.
Where is the video database file located?
Never mind, I found it. I deleted the file and I'm in the process of redownloading the tvshow information. It looks as though it's gathering information for the shows it missed last time. I'll update later when it's done.
OK. Deleted the database file and scanned. It got a lot more of the shows but still missed 20 of them. I checked the one show and it has an .nfo file and it has worked before. I tried to move it to the internal hard drive to see if it would scan and it still didn't pick it up. Any ideas?? This is pretty frustrating...
Dandeman321 Wrote:OK. Deleted the database file and scanned. It got a lot more of the shows but still missed 20 of them. I checked the one show and it has an .nfo file and it has worked before. I tried to move it to the internal hard drive to see if it would scan and it still didn't pick it up. Any ideas?? This is pretty frustrating...

xbmc.log? Should be located in .xbmc/temp.
I can't find an xbmc.log. I found a MyVideos34.db file though. I deleted that and it erased all my shows. Then I rescanned and it got more, but still not all of them.
Also, I get an error that says something about not being able to contact the remote server and asks if I want to continue scanning, if that helps.
Ok. Used that debug program to get my logs. The steps I took were: Restart, Scan for new content for tvshows, it does nothing and missed the 20 missing shows, scan for new content in movies, get remote server error, pastebin the log. Not sure if that will provide what you need or not.
Here's the pastebin link
http://pastebin.com/APneLSjf
I looked through the log and saw that eastbound and down and nip tuck were scanned but they didn't have nfo's. I thought all of my shows had them but I guess not. I added nfo files and they were both scanned and added and then bob's burgers was added but it went to the blank tvshow listing I talked about before. Still don't know what's up. Any idea? I couldn't make out what the rest of the log was talking about.
Pages: 1 2