Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] Sapphire Edge HD Users here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm currently working on getting XBMC to work properly on the Sapphire Edge HD Nettop.

I installed XBMC Freaks latest Live CD. Most of the things including HDMI Audio, Remote and USB Wakeup are working properly.

My only issue is that with VDPAU enabled, i got random Video artifacts when playing different types of mkv files. I found another User who got the Same problems with this Nettop so i think it is a bug.

The Files play without artifacts on my notebook using DXVA or on a Xtreamer. If i skip back 10sec the same scene plays fine without artifacts.

The debug log is free of error messages.

What i have done so far is test OpenELEC, a Ubuntu Minimal Install with latest unstable XBMC release and Windows 7 with stable XBMC. Nothing solved my problem.

Before i make a bug report on the xbmc bugtracker i want to look for other users with this nettop to test if this happens to them...

So, if you are using this Nettop pleas post your type of setup and if you encounter the same problems.
You say debug log is free of error messages, maybe let devs decide this rather than assume there are no errors. Provide MediaInfo data on content you're trying to play
What type of video artifacts are you speaking about?

I have installed the latest release of XBMCFreak (maverick v2), and after config the sound over hdmi (may be compared to travel to hell), i watch videos and fullHD films without rare effects or artifacts ...

I would like to help you so as to write a mini how-to of this HTPC...

Regards
Other problem i have detected:

When i try to open a shell directly on my HD TV pushing CTRL+ALT+Fx , i get a blank screen and i cannot watch the console shell...

The only thing i can do is connect via ssh...

I have watched other posts which tells about changes in the screen resolution of grub.cfg, but for me in this case not worked..

Any help would be appreciated...

Regards,

SOLVED: Edit grub.cfg and configure resolutions to 1600x1200@16. After run update-grub and reboot...
the Video Artifacts are gone woth the newest Nvidia Dev Driver and a change in the xorg.conf...