Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Subsonic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
t0mm0 Wrote:this addon is the other way round - it streams music from a subsonic server to xbmc.

so yeah i don't see why you couldn't run subsonic on the same machine as xbmc (assuming you don't want to have lots of users!)

t0mm0

Well that's good to know, I can start xbmc server from the remote droid app which would fire up the nas also, so when I am traveling or out of town I would be able to download new music to my droid phone/tablet or even watch a movie.

Hell, if I had a newer droid device (Arcos5) with hdmi output I could connect it to a tv and watch a movie in a hotel room or at a family/freinds house.

But, you bring up a good point about running it on a seperate server. Maybe a cheap small atom based device with apache web/proxy server and subsonic. I do not travel all that much that I would need it running all the time within my xbmc. I will need to give this some thought.
Just replied to your PM speed32219 but can't see the message in my sent box.

Let me know if you got it cheers.
speed32219 Wrote:Well that's good to know, I can start xbmc server from the remote droid app which would fire up the nas also, so when I am traveling or out of town I would be able to download new music to my droid phone/tablet or even watch a movie.

Hell, if I had a newer droid device (Arcos5) with hdmi output I could connect it to a tv and watch a movie in a hotel room or at a family/freinds house.

But, you bring up a good point about running it on a seperate server. Maybe a cheap small atom based device with apache web/proxy server and subsonic. I do not travel all that much that I would need it running all the time within my xbmc. I will need to give this some thought.

The PogoPlug Video is another option to look into, I have the Pro version and it works brilliantly. Ooh and nearly forgot the fact that Pogoplug have teamed up with Buffalo for a NAS solution that will do exactly what you want:

http://www.buffalocloudstor.com/
t0mm0 Wrote:sorry for the delay, this message slipped by me.

i thought it would just work. but i don't have a ssl enabled set up at the moment. i guess that will get me to secure my installation properly in order to test Wink

in the meantime if you could post a debug log that will probably speed up a fix... check the wiki for info on where it is found.

well spotted, i'll add that as soon as i can!

cool, don't have any shortcuts on my subsonic so didn't spot that! will add support for it in the next release - thanks for the example!

don't think that would be easy, if it's possible at all, but yeah it would be a good idea if it's possible.

yes i can add that

not sure there's anything i can do about that - maybe it's a problem with xbmc on atv2? i don't think there is anything a plugin can do to fix it? and i don't have one so i can't even try it Sad

Cool

thought there would be a catch to the praise Wink

it's possible. i had the same idea myself but haven't got round to implementing it yet. maybe this could even provide a way of buffering the next song....

i'll add it to my todo list.

thanks,

t0mm0

Is there a chance that Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played are going to be included?

Again Thanks!
crooksy Wrote:Just replied to your PM speed32219 but can't see the message in my sent box.

Let me know if you got it cheers.

Yes, thank you. I have music streaming working with xbmc and subsonic server but now trying to get video.

Droid apk 2.6 doesn't have an option for video it looks like.
speed32219 Wrote:Yes, thank you. I have music streaming working with xbmc and subsonic server but now trying to get video.

Droid apk 2.6 doesn't have an option for video it looks like.

i believe video only works on android if you can install flash at the moment.

(you'd probably be better off asking these questions on the subsonic forum)

t0mm0
necrosis Wrote:Is there a chance that Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played are going to be included?

Again Thanks!

yes, i am implementing everything available from getAlbumList in the subsonic api
0.3.0 released (see first post for full info)

think i fixed and added everything people asked for here (with the exception of SSL - still don't have an SSL enabled server to test against - anyone want to give me a temp login?)

let me know if there's anything wrong or missing!

t0mm0
Sent you a PM Smile
Are here people who would like to test my server?

I have no working XBMC setup to test it.

if so, pm me.

walter
Don't know if this will help you or not, but seems like it could be useful

https://github.com/crustymonkey/py-sonic
aaronb Wrote:Don't know if this will help you or not, but seems like it could be useful

https://github.com/crustymonkey/py-sonic

thanks, looks interesting - i'll check it out
Hey,

First of all thank you so much for developing. And please allow me to donate ! I've been busy some evenings with the plugin and studied every post but yet I can't get it working. I'm running xbmc (svn 30697 Build in okt last year) on a xbox. I tried several xbmc builds for xbox but that didn't really help me running the script. I get the ”script failed error”. I use your subsonic (v0.3.0) from SCV repo installer. I tried both the ftp and scv repo install. I noticed that you prefer log's more so there we go:

00:04:44 M: 30875648 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
00:04:44 M: 28606464 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
00:04:44 M: 28606464 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcaddon
00:04:44 M: 28590080 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\plugins\music\Subsonic\default.py", line 19, in ?
from resources.lib.Subsonic import Addon, Subsonic
File "Q:\plugins\music\Subsonic\resources\lib\Subsonic\Addon.py", line 23, in ?
import xbmc, xbmcaddon, xbmcgui, xbmcplugin
ImportError: No module named xbmcaddon
00:04:45 M: 32825344 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://music/Subsonic/
00:04:45 M: 32825344 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://music/Subsonic/) failed

After some google-ing on "No module named xbmcaddon" I checked 100 times if I have the right version of your plugin. But yup I do.

Please help, I would be really glad to tell my friends our groupstreamer is working.
hi!

Peevb Wrote:Hey,

First of all thank you so much for developing. And please allow me to donate ! I've been busy some evenings with the plugin and studied every post but yet I can't get it working. I'm running xbmc (svn 30697 Build in okt last year) on a xbox. I tried several xbmc builds for xbox but that didn't really help me running the script. I get the ”script failed error”. I use your subsonic (v0.3.0) from SCV repo installer. I tried both the ftp and scv repo install. I noticed that you prefer log's more so there we go:

00:04:44 M: 30875648 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
00:04:44 M: 28606464 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
00:04:44 M: 28606464 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcaddon
00:04:44 M: 28590080 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\plugins\music\Subsonic\default.py", line 19, in ?
from resources.lib.Subsonic import Addon, Subsonic
File "Q:\plugins\music\Subsonic\resources\lib\Subsonic\Addon.py", line 23, in ?
import xbmc, xbmcaddon, xbmcgui, xbmcplugin
ImportError: No module named xbmcaddon
00:04:45 M: 32825344 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://music/Subsonic/
00:04:45 M: 32825344 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://music/Subsonic/) failed

After some google-ing on "No module named xbmcaddon" I checked 100 times if I have the right version of your plugin. But yup I do.

Please help, I would be really glad to tell my friends our groupstreamer is working.

thanks for the detailed report - it really helps fix stuff quickly!

it looks like your build is too old and i put the wrong minimum build number in my description.xml - sorry about that!

this addon requires xbmc4xbox r30805 i'm afraid which is around 31 Jan 2011

hope that helps!

t0mm0
Nice,

appreciate your quick response.

Seems like that was the deal. I work for a ISP in the Netherlands I'm allowed to setup my server over there so I'll have 200Mb. up and down. So it is not a problem to stream video contents to multiple users. Is this already possible in the xbox version of subsonic (v0.3.0) ?

With regards,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16