Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Folder structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am a complete newbie to xbmc. I just installed it on my Apple TV 2. My files are stored on a My Book Live. Problem I am seeing is when I try to access movies. It does not seem to have the movies organized. So I was wondering how I should be structuring my movie files so that they get displayed properly when viewing in xbmc. My movie files have to be structured in such a way so that when I view in xbmc it is easy to follow.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply..

...Bruce
bruceweinstein Wrote:Hi,

I am a complete newbie to xbmc. I just installed it on my Apple TV 2. My files are stored on a My Book Live. Problem I am seeing is when I try to access movies. It does not seem to have the movies organized. So I was wondering how I should be structuring my movie files so that they get displayed properly when viewing in xbmc. My movie files have to be structured in such a way so that when I view in xbmc it is easy to follow.

...Bruce

create a libarary for instance
Movies

now add a new video source browse to your create folder Movies, then press Set Content and select what type of content in this case movies, configure settings to your likeing. Press automated scans on & run scans at startup, restart xbmc and it should now start indexing your movies and scan for new content on earch xbmc restart
bruceweinstein Wrote:Hi,

...Bruce

create a libarary for instance
X:\Movies

(
X:\Movies\Mymovie1\Mymovie1.mkv
X:\Movies\Mymovie2\Mymovie2.mkv
)
now add a new video source browse to your create folder Movies, then press Set Content and select what type of content in this case movies, configure settings to your likeing. Press automated scans on & run scans at startup, restart xbmc and it should now start indexing your movies and scan for new content on earch xbmc restart