Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Request] Customizable default Home Screen buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is one favorite feature of Influence that I miss in T!. In my TV library, I separate the documentaries and the rest of the TV shows with smart playlists and custom home screen buttons. It works but, as I disable the default "TV Shows" button, I miss the recently added script.
Lately, I started to edit the Includes_Home.xml file to activate my TV Shows playlist when I hit the default TV Shows button (thanks to Ronie's instructions), but when the skin is updated this changes are reverted to the skin's defaults.

What I want added to T! is an option to permanently attach a playlist to the default Home buttons.

Thanks in advance Ronie Smile
Bump! Big Grin
Ignore me just realized your talking about the script not recently added in the sub menu wish this forum allowed deletion of posts by users :o
Ignored successfully :-)
i'm afraid i don't wanna go there.
the menu is already quite extensive and no matter how many options i add,
it'll never suit everyone's needs.

there's been talk about native xbmc support for building a custom home menu,
so let's hope it gets implemented in the near future.

until then...keep modding :-)
minimoe Wrote:This is one favorite feature of Influence that I miss in T!. In my TV library, I separate the documentaries and the rest of the TV shows with smart playlists and custom home screen buttons. It works but, as I disable the default "TV Shows" button, I miss the recently added script.
Lately, I started to edit the Includes_Home.xml file to activate my TV Shows playlist when I hit the default TV Shows button (thanks to Ronie's instructions), but when the skin is updated this changes are reverted to the skin's defaults.

What I want added to T! is an option to permanently attach a playlist to the default Home buttons.

This indeed would be very cool, but understand that Ronie doesn't want to overload the skin setting with complexity.

I am trying to achieve the same as you and would love to understand how you achieved it:

A) "Modded TV show button in home menu"
1) Does your this keep "recently added script working"?
2) What about "next aired" script?
3) Does "recently added" only include the shows from the playlist or also (in your case) documentaries?

B) Is there a way still to keep additional filters (e.g., sort by year) only for the movies that are part of the playlist or would I lose this feature when working with playlists?

C) Did you find a way to re-apply the manual changes upon skin upgrades? Do you need to manually do the changes again or can you just copy&paste the file in again.

Thanks!!!