Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where did DTS support go?, broken in CVS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was just wondering why dts movies aren't working any more?

i have a bunch of dts movies that i love to watch, but no sound at all here. did i do something wrong, or isn't xbmc supporting dts sound anymore? why? any plans on putting dts support back soon?

elwood
i dont think dts ever been supported in xbmc...

edit: my bad, elwood. sorry...
it was supported, but is broken atm.
for the developer who wants to fix this (please!!Wink
could you also make an option to be able to pass the dts stream for dts audio cd's??
thanks,
m
hi mvoosten,

just a point about dts audio cds - they're at 44.1khz, so would have to be decoded to 6 channel pcm first (in software) then recoded to ac3 by the xbox hardware, as the digital output on the xbox only does 48khz audio.

dts decoding in software has not (afaik) been added to xbmc.

cheers,
jonathan
(elwood @ jan. 19 2004,06:07 Wrote:i was just wondering why dts movies aren't working any more?

i have a bunch of dts movies that i love to watch, but no sound at all here. did i do something wrong, or isn't xbmc supporting dts sound anymore? why? any plans on putting dts support back soon?

elwood
which version does support dts?
i used to be able to read vob files with dts sound inside using ac3passthrough.
few release ago, when enabling ac3 passthrough, it seems that xbmc was not sending any "initialization sequence" to the digital receiver, so that my denon avr3801 was able to automatically switch from dolby prologic to dolby digital or dts, depending on what is inside the vob.

is it possible to have an option to get the old ac3passthrough behavior on dts encoded vob ?

anyway, dts cds were not working this way...

xbmc is great !!

cybearman