Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why won't my movies show up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been using xbmc transparency for a week or so now. Still a newbie for sure. I have all my movies showing up but two. No matter how many times I refresh/update the library I cannot see them in the list. I have looked through the settings and do not see anything that will change this. Plz help!!
I can guarantee that this is not a skin issue.
OK. WOW...Then what kind of issue is it? Had no issue with other skins. Why would it change?
Do you have "hide watched" enabled in Transparency but not in others?
No. Those movies have not been watched, and the ones I have are still there also. I had thought it must be a setting issue myself, but was unable to figure out which one. I have looked through the menu and cannot find the setting to which you are referring. It was just one video missing. Then it changed to two. The only thing I had done was to add more movies to my folder. I tried removing those two movies restarting xbmc, then adding them again and now one is back but the other is still missing. Any info at all would be great. Thanks
My guess is there is a problem with your naming or something and they're just not being scraped.
tomrdiedrich Wrote:OK. WOW...Then what kind of issue is it? Had no issue with other skins. Why would it change?

Do you mean that these two movies appear in the library when you use other skins but not when you use Transparency?
Yes. I dont know if they are scraped different? I went to Imdb website to make sure I had their names correct, I did. And Like I said I got one of them to come back but not the other. I even moved the one to a different folder and tried to add that one as a new path for movies and still did not show up. The format of the names on my movies is : Resident Evil Afterlife 1080p. That is the layout of the exact movie that wont show up. Tried leaving out the resolution but still did not work. Then Tried adding the year, did not work. I am really stumped that is why I am here asking the folks that have a lot more experience with this skin and program. The movie format is .mkv.
try adding a txt file in the same folders as movie... name it imdbid.txt and put this in it. tt1220634

rescrape it and see if that works
I just tested the IMDb, created a folder named "Resident Evil Afterlife 1080p", put an empty file with the same name in it and the scrapper picked it up normally.
It's always better to put each movie in its own folder and check the "Use folder names for lookups" option
EclipseGT Wrote:try adding a txt file in the same folders as movie... name it imdbid.txt and put this in it. tt1220634

rescrape it and see if that works

xbmc doesn't use imdbid.txt. At best you can create a movie.nfo with <id>tt1220634</id>.

Code:
<movie>
     <id>tt0432337</id>
</movie>

Edit - never mind - that didn't work either. Smile
I will try the text file in the folder. I do have only that one movie in its own folder. Both folder and movie named Resident Evil Afterlife. I do not understand it. I opened xbmc just now and it is saying it cannot connect to server now. Internet works fine. Is there some normal process that may ruin code? I am really starting to wonder now. Especially since minimoe had no trouble with that movie. Should I do a fresh xbmc and Transparency install? I guess I will try the txt file first. Post back after a while with the results. I also had another question. Is there a way to turn off subtitles that are hardcoded into the movie? Not a .srt file.
Depends on how it's in the movie. If it's simply stored in the container then yes, you can turn off the subtitles through the OSD when you're in the movie. If they're actually burned into no, as they're an actual part of the image.

Also, I believe the proper method is simply a file named movie.nfo, with a link to the IMDB page of the movie. Not 100% on that though, as I use Ember to generate proper NFO files for all my movies.
Well the text file in the folder did not work. Also I could no longer update the library either. So..a complete uninstall and reinstall. I am in the process or that now. Hope it works. My PC is in good working order. No other programs have any type of issues only xbmc with the transparency skin??!!??!!? Will post back with any new info.
Well clean install made all of my movies show up. BUT, now xbmc will not update any fanart or DL any movie info. It retrieves the weather. I have no idea. Obviously my connection is not the problem. I am writing this on it now. WOW!! I am at a loss. any ideas would be helpful!!
Pages: 1 2