Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Home Videos / Demos to Favorites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may not be the best place to ask this as it's probably more of an XBMC question that a Neon question...

I have separate folders for Home Videos and Demos (30-90 second clips of different aspect ratios and audio tracks). I added these sources and then added them to favorites. I wanted to add them to my home menu but in the Skins Setting area, they do not appear under favorites. I have both set up as Movies but with scrapers turned off. Is this why?

thx
I just tried something similar and it worked:

- Add Source c:\downloads
- Set Content - None
- Exclude from Scans
- Add to Favorites
- Setting > Skin > Neon > Custom Home
- Custom Favorite 1
- Set Label: Testing
- Select Favorite: downloads

All worked fine...
Bingo!! Worked great! I don't understand why, but it added backdrops I used for other favorites. Not a prob, but interesting behavior. For example, my custom backdrop for Kids Movies is also applied to Demos. I chgd it for Demos and it did not disrupt Kids Movies, so it appears all good now!

thx!!
My guess is it used whatever items was to the left or right of it on the home screen. If there isn't one specifically assigned, the previously displayed background will remain.