Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suspected problem with library and posters/fanarts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I am using Aeon as my skin on Dharma (10) XBMC and I am experiencing a problem with the movie showcase. I am using the showcase mode to display my movie collection and basically, both the title and fanart are correct, but the jewel case has either the wrong poster or is simply empty (transparent). Sometimes, I scroll right or left and the same poster appears on multiple cases.

This problem has always happened (since I am using showcase) but in the list (classic or default display mode) I don't have this issue. I attached a picture at the following link to show what I mean.

http://img851.imageshack.us/i/photola.jpg/

SO do I need to reset or rebuild the library from scratch ? If so, where is the option? Ive found import/export and clean library but not rebuild.

Also, lets say I replace fanart or posters because Ive found better images, do I need to rebuild the library to use the new posters or fanart?

Thanks!
lpallard Wrote:Hi!

I am using Aeon as my skin on Dharma (10) XBMC and I am experiencing a problem with the movie showcase. I am using the showcase mode to display my movie collection and basically, both the title and fanart are correct, but the jewel case has either the wrong poster or is simply empty (transparent). Sometimes, I scroll right or left and the same poster appears on multiple cases.

This problem has always happened (since I am using showcase) but in the list (classic or default display mode) I don't have this issue. I attached a picture at the following link to show what I mean.

http://img851.imageshack.us/i/photola.jpg/

SO do I need to reset or rebuild the library from scratch ? If so, where is the option? Ive found import/export and clean library but not rebuild.

Also, lets say I replace fanart or posters because Ive found better images, do I need to rebuild the library to use the new posters or fanart?

Thanks!

I only the know the answer to your second question and it is no, you only need to refrsh movie info, not rebuild your entire library.
As for your first question, try cleaning the library. In settings / video
Thanks for your reply!

I forgot to mention that I already cleaned the library several times but no success... Maybe a bug in the skin? I tried other modes as well, all the same.

I also have problems with the info for the movies. Using the wall display mode, when a cover is highlighted, a black popup appears and normally I should see some info there (Directed by:....) All I can see is Info not available. All I have in my movie folders is a file called movie.nfo with something like: http://www.imdb.com/title/ttXXXXXXX/

Any ways to have all the info saved in this nfo file instead of a web link? Pretty inconvenient, lets say my internet connection goes down, I cant access the info. I am using CouchPotato for my movies.

XBMC is far more complicated to get running than I thought
any thoughts on the previous postHuh??

im i still have problems with the movie posters... the music and tv series seems fine. anybody know whats going on?

also i wondering how to disable the browser feel while navigating in xbmc..? what i mean by browser feel is the presence of the double dot in the menus (.. to go a level up), the fact that i have to enter a movie folder, select the movie file and press enter t0 start playback instead of selecting the movie directly from the library...

instructions on how to improve xbmc's experience would be welcome!
thanks to all!
lpallard Wrote:also i wondering how to disable the browser feel while navigating in xbmc..? what i mean by browser feel is the presence of the double dot in the menus (.. to go a level up), the fact that i have to enter a movie folder, select the movie file and press enter t0 start playback instead of selecting the movie directly from the library...

Sounds to me like you're not in Library mode, but in files (?) mode. You can go to set settings to turn Library on for your movies, or while browsing the movie listing press one of the 'other' arrow keys (i.e., if your movie display is vertical, press left, if it's horizontal, press up). From there you should be able to select Library mode, then a simple click of 'select' on your remote should start up the movie.

FreeMan
Ok I got the library mode but there seems to be a glitch. I explain:

I went to videos (from the main menu) where my movies are then I pressed the left arrow and a menu appears on the left side of the screen. I turned the library mode on and the screen flashed and I was brought into the tv series... If I escape or exit this mode I go back to the main menu. From there if I select videos again, I will return to the movies per se and librarymode willbe deactivated...

What a mess! Any way to return xbmc to original conditions? I think my setup is all screwed... What do you think?
Fixed. Thanks for the help