Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Can't connect from other computers to XMBC 10.1 Live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't connect from another computer to my XBMC computer (via SMB, trying to access webinterface, ping). However, I can access SMB shares and ping to other computers from my XBMC Live.

Extra info:
- I have setup XBMC to use the 'WORKGROUP' network workgroup, like the rest of the computers
- Network settings from XBMC:
IP adress: 192.168.0.199
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS-server:192.168.0.1
Secondairy DNS: 192.168.0.1
- Using dynamic IP on the network
- Router IP adress is 192.168.1.1
- Log file:
http://pastebin.com/kX1bjUUP

Shouldn't the Gateway and DNS server IP adresses link to the router on my network? And if so, how can I fix this?
All the other IP adresses in my network start with 192.168.1.x instead of 192.168.0.x, does this have something to do with the problem? And if so, how can I fix this?
Quote:All the other IP adresses in my network start with 192.168.1.x instead of 192.168.0.x, does this have something to do with the problem? And if so, how can I fix this?
yes, it does. If you can't get someone to take a look for you should perhaps start over...you must have accidently messed something up either on the router or on linux.
I already did a reinstall of XBMC Live tons of times, guess that only leaves a router problem.
must be...take a look at the dhcp settings and the range...but if it is working on other computers I cant image what the problem could be... You could try to manually set a static ip adresss (google ubuntu static ip from terminal)