Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rescanning removed library information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the process of adding a new TV series to my library (Firefly to be exact) I seem to have shot myself in the foot.

Originally I placed it in my TV folder, which is added as a source in XBMC to scan for new TV content. No problem, the automatic scan did it's thing and added the information.

Later I read up about how the Firefly series is added in the wrong order (the air date not the DVD order) so I set about setting this up correctly. The first thing I did was remove the current Firefly episodes from the library.

I did my setting up of Firefly as a separate source, etc, etc, long story short it didn't quite achieve what I wanted so I gave up (yes, I'm a quitter Tongue). I have since removed Firefly as an independent source and simply want the defaults to kick back in. However, scanning for new content, updating the library, cleaning then updating, everything I try will not grab the information again. I can only assume this is due to XBMC logging that I have removed the series previously, so intelligently it is not adding it again in fears it would piss me off for re-adding content I've told it to remove, 95% clever apart from this problem.

Any help much appreciated.
Go to the folder containing it in Files mode and press 'i',
Nope that hasn't done anything unfortunately. Should it do something when I press 'i'? It doesn't seem to give any kind of indication of having done anything. Maybe that's something to do with my theme? I'm using the Alaska Revisited style.
Has no-one encountered this situation before? I wonder then if I have a bug, am I wrong in thinking XBMC is clever and doesn't re-add removed items, in which case there is something wrong with the program itself.
Go to the folder and re-set the content.