Kodi Community Forum
Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton (/showthread.php?tid=246430)

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-02-01

(2017-02-01, 23:12)SkywalkerPD Wrote: Okay, got it fixed. But I don't know why. What I did was add one script.module named buggalo. I found errors refering to this in the log.

I installed the skin again, now with the .zip file. Before I didn't install, but just uploaded the skin with FTP.

Before installing I got this error. Wich was strange, because script.skin.helper.colorpicker was present on the system.

xecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script script.skin.helper.colorpicker

After installing with the .zip, there are still errors, but it works.

I can't say for that module, since I've never heard of it before, it was probably a dependency to some other addons you're running?

As for the zip you mention, did you mean the skin zip or the colorpicker addon zip? I've tried to set-up the skin dependencies in the addon.xml of the latest version to attempt to download and install all three of the skin helper addons (service, widgets, colorpicker), to avoid precisely these kinds of issues. Now I'm hoping that that didn't contribute to the problems.

As far as the error goes, I've encountered it, or something similar, in two cases:

1. When the skin is freshly installed/has no settings, it takes a while for everything to populate. If you go to the color settings too soon, the skin doesn't identify the type of header being used, which is needed for the colours to work, and hence, the colour picking goes bonkers;

2. When you're trying to click on a colour while the entire palette hasn't loaded up yet. This only applies to the palettes other than Basic, since they have multiple pages/rows of colours to pick from. You can see that the loading is in progress if the colour you're hovering over doesn't zoom in. From what I read from the log, I'd say that this is the more likely situation for your errors.

Either way, thankfully, it's not a skin error as much as an addon quirk.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - SkywalkerPD - 2017-02-01

(2017-02-01, 23:52)Alanon Wrote: As for the zip you mention, did you mean the skin zip or the colorpicker addon zip? I've tried to set-up the skin dependencies in the addon.xml of the latest version to attempt to download and install all three of the skin helper addons (service, widgets, colorpicker), to avoid precisely these kinds of issues. Now I'm hoping that that didn't contribute to the problems.

I mean the skin zip. Before, I unzipped and put it on my Pi with FTP. Now I used the option 'install from zip' on LibreELEC.

Thank you for all the support and hard work. I hope you keep improving the skin!

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - hslansky - 2017-02-02

Does anyone else think it's time to drop the "Discontinued " from the the subject line or possibly start a new thread.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - underwriter - 2017-02-02

(2017-02-02, 05:00)hslansky Wrote: Does anyone else think it's time to drop the "Discontinued " from the the subject line or possibly start a new thread.

Funny I was thinking of making similar suggestion. I really think it's appropriate to do that.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Perfect Styles - 2017-02-03

Unfortunately this is no longer working for me when I tried 2.05....i get all sorts of failed dependencies. So for example, when I try to install the skin I get an error about skin.helper.service so it fails to install the skin. When I get the skin.helper from the github and install it, and then try to reinstall the skin, I get another failure to install the skin because of another dependency not being met. So far I have grabbed 5 of these depedencies from the github directly, but its a little like wack-a-mole lol

I'm gonna go back to 2.04 after I uninstall Kodi and reinstall.

PS - I am using the official Kodi 17 release..no more RC versions.

I'll let u know. Thanks.

****************** UPDATE ***************************

Cannot install 2.0.4 or 2.0.3 any longer with the new Kodi 17 release. Keep getting failed dependencies. Anyone else having this problem?

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-02-03

@Perfect Styles: This might be a consequence of the dependencies not being found and therefore not being met. This can happen while installing a skin without first getting all the repos where they might be located. So if you don't have marcel's beta repo, then the widgets service was nowhere to be found, etc...

Although as far as I know, if you already have all of the dependency addons, nothing should be trying to download.

BTW, here they all are:
script.skinshortcuts
script.skin.helper.service
script.skin.helper.widgets
script.skin.helper.colorpicker
script.extendedinfo
script.image.resource.select
plugin.program.autocompletion

The skin itself works with v.17 Release, I can confirm it, so it's simply a matter of getting the skin over the hump. If the dependencies won't download as they should, there are three potential options:

1. Do as you started to do. Download all of the dependencies manually and install them, then see if the skin will do it.
2. Unzip the skin manually, enable it in the addons and if it runs, worry about the dependencies later. Big Grin
3. Hack the addons.xml, remove the dependency entries, save and install.

Strictly speaking, the skin will function without the autocomplete, the resource addon, helper widgets and colorpicker, so they aren't crucial. But the overall experience will be much, much poorer.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Perfect Styles - 2017-02-03

hmmm thanks Alanon.

If this is the correct place to get the skin.helper.service zipped file?, this yields an error in the skin (unless I have downloaded the wrong version perhaps - please see below). I downloaded enough of the skin dependencies that I could get it installed, and then let it do the rest for me, however as noted, the skinhelper does yield an error for me.

Thanks

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.skin.helper.service

here is the error log fyi...

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name TheTvDb
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources.lib.plugin_content import PluginContent
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\plugin_content.py", line 17, in <module>
from artutils import KodiDb, Tmdb, get_clean_image, process_method_on_list
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\artutils.py", line 28, in <module>
from thetvdb import TheTvDb
ImportError: cannot import name TheTvDb
-->End of Python script error report<--
22:30:31.888 T:11724 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&downloadthumbs=true&movie=
22:30:32.239 T:8344 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting background proc (6.0.15)
22:30:32.250 T:8344 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### no prior data found
22:30:32.312 T:3164 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name TheTvDb
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\service.py", line 10, in <module>
from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
from listitem_monitor import ListItemMonitor
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 13, in <module>
from artutils import extend_dict, get_clean_image, process_method_on_list
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.skin.helper.artutils\lib\artutils.py", line 28, in <module>
from thetvdb import TheTvDb
ImportError: cannot import name TheTvDb

(2017-02-03, 05:28)Perfect Styles Wrote: hmmm thanks Alanon.

If this is the correct place to get the skin.helper.service zipped file?, this yields an error in the skin (unless I have downloaded the wrong version perhaps - please see below). I downloaded enough of the skin dependencies that I could get it installed, and then let it do the rest for me, however as noted, the skinhelper does yield an error for me.

Thanks

Yes, that's exactly it. It shouldn't have caused any errors... It's the correct version and everything.

What kind of errors are they? Do the menus function properly?

Edit: Just sent the post and saw the log. XD

Offhand it looks as if there's a problem with the artutils, which is a dependency of half the skin helper addons. I'd try reinstalling that and maybe resetting the artutils settings and cache. In the meantime I'll try and see if I can't reproduce it.

(2017-02-03, 05:32)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 05:28)Perfect Styles Wrote: hmmm thanks Alanon.

Thanks

Yes, that's exactly it. It shouldn't have caused any errors... It's the correct version and everything.

What kind of errors are they? Do the menus function properly?

Edit: Just sent the post and saw the log. XD

Offhand it looks as if there's a problem with the artutils, which is a dependency of half the skin helper addons. I'd try reinstalling that and maybe resetting the artutils settings and cache. In the meantime I'll try and see if I can't reproduce it.

Alanon,

The problem is solved. It turns out I had to go into the skin.helper.service and update it. Although nothing changed, I guess the simple action of clicking update solved everything. I notice the version number is still the same, but the error is completely gone and everything is functioning properly. Perhaps it was the order in which i manually installed the dependencies? I dont know. But if this problem occurs with anyone else, the solution is simply to go to the helper.service dependency and manually click update.

Thanks for all your continued hard work and extra help. Very much appreciated.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - tocinillo - 2017-02-03

I have another problem. I tried the same in another clean installation (Kodi 17 clean) and the same result. When I try to change colour of a tile, I get the error "Skin Helper Service Color Picker". Full debug log:

Quote:12:24:59.826 T:140243969767168 INFO: initializing python engine.
12:24:59.826 T:140243969767168 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(58, /home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py): start processing
12:24:59.922 T:140243969767168 DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:24:59.922 T:140243969767168 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(58, /home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py): the source file to load is "/home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py"
12:24:59.922 T:140243969767168 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(58, /home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py): setting the Python path to /home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker:/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyminifier-2.2-py2.7.egg:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PILcompat:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2
12:24:59.922 T:140243969767168 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(58, /home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py): entering source directory /home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker
12:24:59.922 T:140243969767168 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(58, /home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.skin.helper.colorpicker" dependent on version 2.24.0 of the xbmc.python api
12:25:00.258 T:140246881847680 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (/home/htpc/.kodi/addons/skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton/16x9/script-skin_helper_service-ColorPicker.xml) ------
12:25:00.258 T:140246881847680 INFO: Loading skin file: /home/htpc/.kodi/addons/skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton/16x9/script-skin_helper_service-ColorPicker.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT

Error is here:

Quote:12:25:06.235 T:140243969767168 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'wait_for_skinshortcuts_window' is not defined
File "/home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py", line 66, in <module>
Main()
File "/home/htpc/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py", line 27, in __init__
wait_for_skinshortcuts_window()
NameError: global name 'wait_for_skinshortcuts_window' is not defined
12:25:06.269 T:140246881847680 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------
12:25:06.358 T:140243969767168 INFO: Python script stopped
12:25:06.359 T:140243969767168 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 140243969767168 terminating
12:25:06.425 T:140246881847680 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (/home/htpc/.kodi/addons/skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton/16x9/script-skin_helper_service-ColorPicker.xml) ------
12:25:07.249 T:140246881847680 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x40, sym: 0x0134, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x100
12:25:07.249 T:140246881847680 DEBUG: OnKey: alt-leftalt (0x4f0d4) pressed, action is

Thanks Smile

Yes, this error appears whenever you try to change the colours of tiles or text of the skin shortcuts. I've tried it on Eminence, and it gives me the same error, you can try it too, to confirm my suspicions.

It seems that the picker waits for the skin shortcuts dialogue to appear again after picking the colour. Since it's already there, it gets confused. This is the only colorpicker error that's been consistent for me, everything else works. I've written to marcel about it, still waiting for an answer.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - naco.proex - 2017-02-03

Good morning Alanon.

First of all I would like to thank you for all your commitment and determination so that eminence will become better and better. Congratulations, really.

I'm also having trouble installing the skin from the version 2.0.5. Would it be possible for you to send us a pack with the addons you use? I'm having problems with skin.helper.service. Before with version 2.01 I could install the skin normally. Now in the newer version I also have dependency errors when installing....

Error installing eminence zip 2.05:

And the addon is present and updated:

Many thanks again, my friend.

Sorry my english so bad

@naco_proex:

Hi, thanks for your kind words! Whenever I have time, I'm glad to help. Wink

First, make sure you install this repo, that's where all the addons are located Repository marcelvedt

All four major dependency addons have the same location. So if you have it installed, in theory you shouldn't have problems fetching dependencies during skin install, since Kodi will know where to find them... The dependencies are always the latest versions of these addons, to ensure maximum compatibility with the features I'm trying to put in the skin. Sometimes the differences between versions are small, but they can break many things.

For example, on your screenshot, I can see that you have an older Skin Helper Service version (1.0.100), while the latest is 1.0.146! Probably, Kodi was unable to find the latest version of the addon, since you don't have marcel's repo, and so gave you the error. Kodi updated the service add-on to the latest version it could find in your collection of repos. Incidentally, I don't know how version 1.0.100 would work in this mod, maybe perfectly, and maybe with a lot of problems.

So, after you install marcel's repo, try and install the skin again as a zip. This way you can test if having the proper repo will make a difference for retrieving the dependencies automatically, and saving you some effort.

If that doesn't work, there are two things you can do. Either download the addons from the repo inside Kodi, or use manual installation. Here are the links for zip downloads of the addons from marcel's repo. The rest (autocomplete, extended info, etc.) have always been on Kodi's official repo.

Skin Shortcuts
Skin Helper Service
Skin Helper Widgets
Skin Helper Colorpicker

After installing these, you can try the skin again.

I'm not really sure what to do, seeing how many are having problems installing. I've put these dependencies in place to make it easier for people, not more difficult. Also to make sure that when we're discussing potential bugs, we can make sure that the addon versions are the same, get them out of the way, and concentrate instead on skin code.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - naco.proex - 2017-02-03

@Alanon

They really were my outdated addons. I installed repository.marcelveldt and now everything is perfect.

Thank you for your kindness and dedication.

Hugs

;-)