Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-08-19

I don't know what you've got going on there but these files do not exist in my skin so it's no wonder there's an error -

Code:
/extras/flags/studios/
/extras/widgetplaylists/unwatchedmovies.xsp

fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-19

I've tried uninstalling all three packages four times now, checking in directories they are removed and also re downloading the packages and copying them over to the AFTV.

Perhaps it's a conflict with another skin or add on. I went down that route yesterday uninstalling all unused skins and addons.

I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one. Only things I can think of is going back to an older version of the skin, do you have those available Hitcher? Or wiping Kodi and starting again...I really don't want to do that, just too painful updating to watched and all that.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - stoshua - 2015-08-19

(2015-08-19, 09:20)jusnogood Wrote: I've tried uninstalling all three packages four times now, checking in directories they are removed and also re downloading the packages and copying them over to the AFTV.

Perhaps it's a conflict with another skin or add on. I went down that route yesterday uninstalling all unused skins and addons.

I'm going to have to admit defeat on this on. Only things I can think of is going back to an older version of the skin, do you have those available Hitcher? Or wiping Kodi and starting again...I really don't want to do that, just too painful updating to watched and all that.

Trust me downgrading doesn't solve anything.
Its just a pain to go through set up again.

I had it running as the only skin with no other addons using only the links he provided about four times.

1.2.4 Doesn't work with home screen widgets.

He does have a media fire link earlier in the forum for 1.0
Didn't memorise the page number though.

fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-19

(2015-08-19, 08:15)Hitcher Wrote: I don't know what you've got going on there but these files do not exist in my skin so it's no wonder there's an error -

Code:
/extras/flags/studios/
/extras/widgetplaylists/unwatchedmovies.xsp

Yes it looks like it's the menu builder picking them up from somewhere. Is it a configure file or something I can edit?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Teclis16 - 2015-08-19

Finally I got the widgets working, but I am not able to customize the main menu (for example: I can't delete videos, weather and so on, they are still shown in the menu)
I always get the message: "Unable to build menu"

Here you can see the debug log: http://goo.gl/PzA95e

Hope you can help me

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - jusnogood - 2015-08-19

Those look like the same errors to mine Teclis16. Loads of mentions of /home/jenkins/

Hitcher, I'm happy to help in any way I can to get to the bottom of this...if you're willing too Smile I'm not a skinner or python expert but I've been involved in development for 20 odd years so I'm relatively technical and am happy to dig around, send logs or whatever you want from me.

I'm offering this because I think it looks the best skin out there. I'd really love it to be fully functional...and would certainly donate if II can use it Smile

First I installed only the skin. Later I found out, that I also need to install "skin shortcuts" and "Toolbox script". Maybe this was the fault, that you first have to install all three of them, before customizing the shortcuts.

I would give it a try, by resetting Kodi. Can I reset it with adbFire?

EDIT: I did a couple of full resets.

0. Reset Kodi & Restart
1. installing skin
2. switch skin to FTV

--> everything besides the shortcut widgets are working, no errors

3. installing script.skinshortcuts-master.zip & script.toolbox-master.zip

--> widget is working, but again I get the error: "Shortcuts Unable to build menu"

Than I tried:

0. Reset Kodi & Restart
1. installing skin
2. installing script.skinshortcuts-master.zip & script.toolbox-master.zip
3. switch skin to FTV

--> widget is working, but I get the error: "Shortcuts Unable to build menu"

Conclusion: Don't know Big Grin
Right now I can only use it without the shortcuts. I also recognized, that the "Shortcut"-addon is not listed under addons, even the installation said "shortcut addon enadbled"

Your probably better off posting in the skin shortcuts thread.

(2015-08-19, 17:15)Hitcher Wrote: Your probably better off posting in the skin shortcuts thread.

The thread is for skinners only Sad

I know it's tricky sometimes to know where the problem lies when you have many components making up a system. Is there another skin that uses the Skin Shortcuts Hitcher? I've used just about every skin going and not had this problem before. Would be good to know if another skin uses the shortcuts.

Right I followed blah_blahs instructions a bit closer and have the basic skin working with no errors.

Instructions..

1. change to another skin.

2. goto addons...my addons..skin...and uninstall FTV

3. go back to the first add ons menu and choose system...dependencies....and then click on the skin shortcuts and uninstall. I had to select uninstall a few times before it actually did it.

4. Now reinstall FTV and you won't get the build error.

If I then reinstall the skin shortcuts I get the error right away and have to start at 1 again. Unfortunately it looks like without the skin shortcuts the skin is quite basic...so I can't find a way of adding a "recently added" or "in progress" menu item...well I can add it but it doesn't appear.

I can see Teclis16 posted on the shortcuts thread so fingers crossed someone can help Smile

Actually, if you read post 85 of the shortcuts thread there are two files you have to install. I installed them both and now I can add menus without error. Only done a few so far but seem to be working.

to quote....

After that download the addon straight from Github:

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...master.zip

Please note that atm you need the git version of skinshortcuts too (if you use that in your skin):

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...master.zip

Oh no, I can only add home menu level items...but sub items I get a skin error Big Grin

When installing from zip the dependencies should automatically be downloaded.

I can add menu items now without an error. So I've added, for example, a new top level menu which appears on the left menu along with exit etc and it works fine when I select the menu item.

When I watch your video of the skin when you scroll to, for example, movies it shows all the movie posters on the right. Mine only shows the movie posters when I select the Movie option to go into it.

I've also added three under movies for recently added, movie titles and in progress. It says its building the menu but when I go back to the Movies menu it still doesn't show anything until I click movie and only one movie list is shown (I don't see recently added etc).

Is it me doing something silly or do you think the shortcuts aren't working properly?