Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Abbaskip - 2019-06-21

(2019-06-21, 15:45)jonib Wrote:
(2019-06-21, 14:48)Abbaskip Wrote: My Kodi has been running for days and so the debug log is massive. I didn't think anything but the YouTube error would be relevant? 

Unfortunately just the error message might not be enough, as the problem might be related to the hardware you use or the operating system.
The full log also shows the Kodi version and the plugin version, if you are using older versions it would be a waste of time to try to debug problems that might be fixed in newer versions already.
And there are a lot more information in the log that might be related sush as something indirectly caused the error like another plugin.

Basically the more information available the better/faster support can be provided, and the full debug log has most of the info.

It is also a good practice to read the first and last couple of pages of a support thread as that should give you an idea what problems other users have reported and have solved.

jonib
Yep fair enough. When I have a chance I'll reboot and grab a fresh log as you mentioned.

I'm using 18.2 on Windows 10 and tried the latest official release and latest beta of YouTube

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-06-21

@WeirdH 
It looks like many of the dash streams for that video are unplayable, so they are discarded. A debug_log (wiki) would confirm we are seeing the same thing.

Thank you @jonib and @blueribb

@Abbaskip, @pbo10
The issue should be fixed in 6.5.0~beta2/3

I've updated post #2 with 6.5.0~beta3
Code:
~beta3
[fixup] improve signature function match patterns

~beta2
[fix] Signature cipher, some videos unplayable (ie. music videos)
[fix] Playback monitoring using Python 3
[lang] el_gr strings |contrib: twilight0|

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Abbaskip - 2019-06-21

(2019-06-21, 17:02)anxdpanic Wrote: @WeirdH 
It looks like many of the dash streams for that video are unplayable, so they are discarded. A debug_log (wiki) would confirm we are seeing the same thing.

Thank you @jonib and @blueribb

@Abbaskip, @pbo10
The issue should be fixed in 6.5.0~beta2

I've updated post #2 with 6.5.0~beta2
[fix] Signature cipher, some videos unplayable (ie. music videos)
[fix] Playback monitoring using Python 3
[lang] el_gr strings |contrib: twilight0|

Confirmed working.

"Signature function not found" exception - IdoK2020 - 2019-06-21

Fresh Libreelec installation with the latest addon version. Can't play any youtube video.
kodi debug log

See above and post #2 for 6.5.0~beta3

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - IdoK2020 - 2019-06-21

(2019-06-21, 22:04)anxdpanic Wrote: See above and post #2 for 6.5.0~beta3
Thanks. Updated to 6.5.0~beta3 using the zip file. Now I get
Code:
Exception: Error reason: |keyInvalid| with message: |Bad Request|

It looks to be an issue with the api key, double check your keys, and clear cache from Settings -> Maintenance

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - IdoK2020 - 2019-06-21

(2019-06-21, 22:19)anxdpanic Wrote: It looks to be an issue with the api key, double check your keys, and clear cache from Settings -> Maintenance
Thanks, solved!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Gijsje117 - 2019-06-23

(2019-01-19, 21:00)anxdpanic Wrote: @Gijsje117
Install beta5 zip from https://github.com/jdf76/repository/tree/master/testing/official/zips/plugin.video.youtube
if it is still an issue, provide a complete debug log (wiki)

thanks for your info i shall try it. Sorry for the very late response.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Skylinedgtr - 2019-06-23

Hi guys,

Seem to be having an issue with this add-on.  Been working fine then suddenly I can't seem to play any YouTube video.

Here's my log file LINK

I've cleared Data & Function Cache but still not working.  Appreciate any hints you can give :-)  Thanks!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-06-23

See above and post #2 for 6.5.0~beta3

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Skylinedgtr - 2019-06-23

Thanks, didn't realise it was related to the same issue Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - brendonbell - 2019-06-24

Hi there,

I am having issues with the YouTube Addon for Kodi 18.
This has been installed from the official Kodi Repo.

When I try to 'Sign in' to my You Tube account it tells me " you have to activate...
I follow the prompts (www.google.com/device) and complete the process (twice) but I seem to be stuck in a never ending loop.

What I would like to do is to be able to Sign into my YouTube account so that I can access my subscriptions and history.
Is there a way to automate this so I can just fire up the YouTube addon and be 'automagically' signed in?

I have generated API keys and attempted to put these into my .xml file with no success.

Raspberry Pi 3b, OSMC

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - kiboy6 - 2019-06-24

Thanks so much for all the amazing work on this addon - upgrade to latest beta swiftly solved playback problems I had been having.

One quick question - I read in the FAQ about how the addon cannot currently display the "recommended" playlist that the user would see on his youtube homepage on PC.
Personally I find that playlist very convenient for casual viewing and it's the only thing I miss when using the kodi addon for youtube.

Just wondering if this this something that you guys hope to incorporate into the addon anytime , or is it impossible?

Cheers!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - kebailey - 2019-06-24

(2019-06-21, 22:04)anxdpanic Wrote: See above and post #2 for 6.5.0~beta3

I'm am having the music video problem and have downloaded 6.5.0~beta3.  Thanks for resolving this issue so quickly.

Must I uninstall 6.4.1 or can I update using the zip file?  If an uninstall is required, is there an easy way to save and restore the settings (searches, API keys, etc)?  If the settings will be lost, when do you expect this fix to be available via update?

Thanks, kebailey

Rpi3/OSMC and Vero4K/OSMC