Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=359976)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - holydhaliwal - 2019-04-14

@olympus 
Thanks for pointing this out! I'll have a look a fiddling with advancesettings and seeing what happens!

@jurialmunkey 
After testing a little more in regards to fanart/blurring loading, it appears this is only an issue when "blur fanart" is enabled. When this setting is turned off the fanart is loading every time the info screen is loaded without issue.

Arctic: Zephyr 2 - puenktchen - 2019-04-15

The advancedsettings.xml isn't needed with Emby. All images are provided by the Emby for Kodi addon and therefore by the Emby server itself. No Kodi srapers are used in this situation and i don't have any problems with landscape images or fanart fallback with clearlogo.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - taoxtrece - 2019-04-15

Spanish translation for 0.9.24 strings.po

@jurialmunkey  are you thinking or planning include support and theme for UpNext like the skins fTV, Bingie, Titan, etc?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Blurayx - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-15, 09:04)taoxtrece Wrote: @jurialmunkey  are you thinking or planning include support and theme for UpNext like the skins fTV, Bingie, Titan, etc?

support for UpNext coming soon. Roadmap info, First post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339791&pid=2813108#pid2813108
I think it will be a while because he's very busy at the moment  Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - taoxtrece - 2019-04-15

@Blurayx thanks I skipped that line, i'll wait patiently  Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Blurayx - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-15, 09:45)taoxtrece Wrote: @Blurayx thanks I skipped that line, i'll wait patiently  Smile
I’m also waiting patiently Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - holydhaliwal - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-15, 02:04)puenktchen Wrote: The advancedsettings.xml isn't needed with Emby. All images are provided by the Emby for Kodi addon and therefore by the Emby server itself. No Kodi srapers are used in this situation and i don't have any problems with landscape images or fanart fallback with clearlogo.

Ah kk. I don't actually use Emby but Plex + Plex Kodi Connect. I only assumed Emby was affected since someone else on the forum was having a similar issue as me with Emby, and since they share a lot of the same code, I mistakenly assumed they were related.

Still, Plex Kodi Connect for whatever reason with default settings stores landscape art from fanart.tv as thumbnail.jpg

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - suth273 - 2019-04-15

I am unable to get rt/metacritic ratings despite adding a omdb key.
Can anyone clarify as to whether I'm just supposed to use the 8 digit key or the complete url sent to my email in manage dependencies?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Edworld - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-15, 15:12)suth273 Wrote: I am unable to get rt/metacritic ratings despite adding a omdb key.
Can anyone clarify as to whether I'm just supposed to use the 8 digit key or the complete url sent to my email in manage dependencies?

8 digit

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - secretliar - 2019-04-15

(2019-03-30, 16:00)secretliar Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 22:34)secretliar Wrote:
(2019-03-19, 09:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: Current and finish time shows under seekbar when pressing info (or enable option to show poster/plot when paused if you don't have an info button).

Hi jurial!

Do you think there's a way to see the finish time easily?
With my settings I'm force to look at the plot just to check the finish time :S
I noticed that there's a setting for hide plot and poster when clicking info on the OSD, but when we use a remote without info button, that means that I have to enable pause = info, then see plot to be able to check the finish time Sad       

Did someone found a way to see finish plot when pause, without seeing plot informations?      

Hi!

If some other people have the same issue, here's how I solved it on my Mi Box :
- You need check "hide plot when pressing info" in the skin settings
- 2 scripts
- a keymap modification

01. Check the appropriate box in skin setting.

02. Create two scripts in the userdata folder :

script.pauseinfo.py
Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("Action(PlayPause)")
xbmc.executebuiltin("Action(Info)")

script.playreturn.py
Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("Action(PreviousMenu)")
xbmc.executebuiltin("Action(PlayPause)")

03. In your keymap file, add these :
Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<return>RunScript(special://masterprofile/script.pauseinfo.py)</return> <!-- Please note that I switched the normal press and the longpress default action -->
<enter>RunScript(special://masterprofile/script.pauseinfo.py)</enter> <!-- Feel free to switch it back! -->
<return mod="longpress">OSD</return> <!-- Please note that I switched the normal press and the longpress default action -->
<enter mod="longpress">OSD</enter> <!-- Feel free to switch it back! -->
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

<FullscreenInfo>
<keyboard>
<return>RunScript(special://masterprofile/script.playreturn.py)</return> <!-- Remove if you have a playpause button -->
<enter>RunScript(special://masterprofile/script.playreturn.py)</enter> <!-- Remove if you have a playpause button -->
</keyboard>
</FullscreenInfo>

Please note that on my Mi Box, the scripts take some time to load. So if Kodi is freshly opened and you start a video rightaway, it might not respond for a few second. For now, and until the skin is stable enough to be modded, that the only solution I found.
Please, if anyone found something easier, tell me!

---

@jurialmunkey would you consider adding a setting to make it simpler to check finish time for people with nVidia Shield or a Mi Box, or anyone with a simple remote with not that much buttons?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - b.lio - 2019-04-15

Hello,

Thank you for your amazing job!
What I liked in Artic Zephyr 1 was the summary in big when i stop a few seconds on the movie view.
Do you plan to add this function?

Regards

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - SunBeech - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-14, 17:13)Sjors125 Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 20:33)SunBeech Wrote: I went for a practical solution: I extracted the PNG files from the genre texture file, made copies of the icons that have a different genre name in Dutch and renamed them so that they match the Dutch genre name. Repacked the PNGs in a new texture file together with the original English ones, and now the genre icons are properly shown in Kodi. :-)  

Would you be willing to share your work please?        

Sure, no problem.
You can download the updated texture file here.

Unzip the file and copy the Textures.xbt file to: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent\resources (assuming you use Windows).

Note that:
  • I used v0.0.6 of the 'Movie Genre Icons - Transparent' icon pack as a basis for my changes;
  • I also added some additional English copies of existing icons, as my Kodi database contained some English genres for which no corresponding English genre icon was included in the original pack.
  • The linked ZIP file also includes an Excel spreadsheet with an overview of the updates I made.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - olympus - 2019-04-15

(2019-04-15, 19:13)b.lio Wrote: What I liked in Artic Zephyr 1 was the summary in big when i stop a few seconds on the movie view.
Do you plan to add this function?

If I have understood correctly, it is available
AZ2 Settings -> Furniture -> Display plot overlay after delay

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Video Titles - 2019-04-16

Hi Jurial,

Sad face time. I had this installed from the repository so that I did not have to keep updating via the git hub. It done an update yesterday, and once more my set up has changed for the worse due to limitations. I used to have in the Movies section over 30 different items to display different genres, decades, special features etc etc.

Yesterday suddenly two of my widgets are no longer visible, unless I disable one of the other 30. It is now limited to only showing 30 widgets. Is this a permanent thing or when you have fully finished the skin, it might be modified
?
Kind regards

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - colbert - 2019-04-16

1. How do I disable all of the down-arrow options when pressing Info on a movie? Cast, Similar To, By Director, Genre, etc.

2. On Info for a movie, the bottom buttons Play, Trailer, Cast, etc., when I right-arrow to Refresh, only then it shows the full path of the movie on bottom left. How can I have that full path always display (if this is possible)?