Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - ferman360 - 2015-10-19

Great skin, but I have been unable to install it on Isengard 15.2. I keep getting "dependencies not met". Any advise would be appreciated.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - springroll - 2015-10-19

(2015-10-18, 23:53)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 23:20)optics Wrote: The latest version on GitHub has a bug in the video asset description. It shows "[LIGHT]" between the name of the asset and its description.

Because it's only for Jarvis.

Hitcher -

Just noticed the Jarvis version of the skin is up on github with its own repository. Does it mean unicode characters is finally supported? Would I have to do anything (such as changing the font)?

Welcome back!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-10-19

Next commit will include Roboto fonts option.

So is the version on Github only Jarvis? Where is the download link for the Isengard version?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-10-19

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv_Isengard

Thanks, man!

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - optics - 2015-10-20

(2015-10-16, 20:44)optics Wrote: fTV works well for me but several of my menu items lack content on the right side of the home menu (so all you see is the left menu on screen).

Specifically:

* Movies and TVs show their respective widgets (e.g. in progress, highly rated, your...) on the right side of the home menu.
* But menu items that I have created for specific folders (e.g. kids movies, lessons, radio strms) or addons don't show any content on the right side of the home menu.
- If I click on one of those menu items, it will open a new window showing the proper video assets or radios streams. So the action is correct.
- What I want is to display those assets/streams on the right side of the home menu (thus, eliminating an extra click and all that black space on the main menu).

Example actions that don't display anything on the home menu:

* RunAddon(plugin.video.itunes_trailers)
* ActivateWindow(videolibrary,smb://x.x.x.x/lessons/,return)
* ActivateWindow(musicfiles,smb://x.x.x.x/internet_radio/,return)

I updated to the Jarvis version of FTV and Jarvis Android build on Nvidia Shield.

I created favorites for each of the SMB file shares:

<favourite name="Lessons">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://x.x.x.x/lessons/&quot;,return)</favourite>
<favourite name="InternetRadio">ActivateWindow(10501,&quot;smb://x.x.x.x/internet_radio/&quot;,return)</favourite>

Then I mapped these to not only the top level menu but also created a widget for each with a duplicate configuration (Lessons > Lessons).

So now I have content on the right side of the home menu BUT... the content isn't the same even though they are identically configured.. The Apple Movie Trailer assets are different. Lessons is missing 1 of 2 folders. Internet radio has fewer strm files listed, including duplicates strm's.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-10-20

There's a lot of work still to go before it's ready for a proper test release so I'd avoid the GitHub version for the time being as it's not going to be stable.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - DonStark - 2015-10-20

Hi, Working great on PC with Isengard or Jarvis but function not correctly on my Android Box with Isengard or Jarvis ...

Problems :
-----------------

- Impossible to change the view in Tv-Shows or Movies
- Impossible to change tab in Settings ...

Can somebody help me ?

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - lozad - 2015-10-23

For best results on adding shortcuts to widgets i noticed adding them one by one works good instead of adding too many shortcuts widgets at once i was able to add all shortcuts to widgets with no problem at all.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - stressfrei - 2015-10-23

Beautiful work! testing on a Android Nvidia Shield TV (FW2.1) Kodi 15.2, current fTV Skin using the original Shield Controller

My Movies library has about 1000 items? Scrolling through the posters is much faster than I have seen in other skins, however it still takes some time to get from A to Z. Most skins have a side bar that lets you skip through 'pages' as opposed to individual items, which makes getting through the alphabet quicker.
I've tried to map left and right to page up and down with the Keymap Editor, unfortunately the keymap.xml file remains empty....
followed your instructions:

-Run Keymap Editor
-Tried Global and Video
-Navigation
-Page down
-Edit key
-Press left
-Return to main menu and save

Did i miss something? Or is there meanwhile a setting option to run through the alphabet in the movie library

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - eskay993 - 2015-10-23

I believe you need to restart Kodi for keymap changes to take affect, if you haven't tried that already. Otherwise I'm not sure. Never tried it on a shield.

Also I would recommend mapping fast forward and rewind to page up and down. That way you can still use left and right for single step navigation.

Edit: also the file that keymap editor creates is gen.xml in userdata/keymaps.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - eskay993 - 2015-10-23

deleted

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - stressfrei - 2015-10-24

Tried every button on the controller and unfortunately restart brought nothing.....
Of course keymap create the gen.xml file sry, but its still empty also after a restart.
Thank you anyway

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - eskay993 - 2015-10-24

(2015-10-24, 13:25)stressfrei Wrote: Tried every button on the controller and unfortunately restart brought nothing.....
Of course keymap create the gen.xml file sry, but its still empty also after a restart.
Thank you anyway

Ok, try putting this in gen.xml manually. This will make fast forward and rewind do page up and down while in your video library. Note, you may have to change the id for your shield (these are the ids for the ftv remote). You can get the id numbers using keymap editor. Just do the steps you did before to assign a key, it will then show you the id number when you assign it, but then back out of keymap editor and don't save it. You can then just go to gen.xml and manually edit it.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
    <videos>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="61636">pageup</key>
            <key id="61637">pagedown</key>          
        </keyboard>
    </videos>
</keymap>

If you want something a little more complex, PM me and I'll see if I can help. Can do a lot of nifty stuff with keymap editing.

Hope that helps.