Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=359976)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-04-21

(2019-04-18, 16:40)atomizasser Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 15:34)puenktchen Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 19:20)zenyatta80 Wrote: Hi Jurial

I'm getting empty content behind menus for video add-ons. Examples attached for Skin Helper Service widgets. Same happens for Library data provider and others.

Thanks for the help and this wonderful skin.

ImageImage
It's a long standing bug in Skin Helper Service. 

I think is not a bug of skin helper. I have a similar behavior with other add-ons. The problem is how addons are manage "viewmodes". I've played a little with the artic skin, if in the "myprograms.xml" you active other viewmodes like "poster view", i will view content of add-ons. 
Please try if with estuary skin you can access to the add-on. If with default skin you can enter and see content, maybe is a bug in artic skin.

Regards,

The issue is that skin helper sets content types that are not relevant to the window that it is opened in - for instance, it provides tvshows/movies even when opened from Music Add-ons.

I don't include movies viewtypes in the Music library in order to speed things up - so the problem is that there are no relevant viewtypes available. Whilst it is possible to fix in the skin, the issue is actually with the add-on incorrectly using content types in windows where it shouldn't (e.g. albums in videos or movies in music).

(2019-04-19, 03:55)Baubas Wrote: @jurialmunkey I have turned off all of the ratings but they still show up in seasons.

I can't recreate this issue.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Alfredini18 - 2019-04-21

(2019-04-20, 23:14)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 09:44)Alfredini18 Wrote: Hi! I've this error when i put my in progress list of the Netflix addon as a widgetImage

There doesn't appear to be an error here. If you're referring to the mismatched language strings, then the Netflix add-on hasn't fully localized all their strings.
Sorry, I put a wrong Photo.....Image

(2019-04-21, 08:16)Alfredini18 Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 23:14)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 09:44)Alfredini18 Wrote: Hi! I've this error when i put my in progress list of the Netflix addon as a widgetImage

There doesn't appear to be an error here. If you're referring to the mismatched language strings, then the Netflix add-on hasn't fully localized all their strings.
Sorry, I put a wrong Photo.....Image
Not a skin issue.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - mark_dj - 2019-04-21

(2019-04-20, 23:51)drinfernoo Wrote: Would it be possible to add a "Season Info"-ish view, that allows you to pick the season on the left side (doesn't need artwork necessarily), and then have episode fanart and metadata/plot vertically (think of Aura's "Episode List") on the right... similar to how Netflix does it? They also have a clearlogo-type artwork on the top-left of the screen as well.

Hopefully that gives an idea of the type of view I'm thinking of, but obviously with the AZ2 feel Big Grin
I support this idea, it looks pretty great Big Grin

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Nekromantik - 2019-04-21

has the kodi repo been updated?
currently its on 0.9.25 and latest release on github is 0.9.27

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - drinfernoo - 2019-04-21

Deleted.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - drinfernoo - 2019-04-21

(2019-04-21, 16:21)Nekromantik Wrote: has the kodi repo been updated?

Currently, it's on 0.9.26~alpha3, but I'll be updating it shortly.

EDIT: Updated to 0.9.27~alpha2 Big Grin

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Nekromantik - 2019-04-21

(2019-04-21, 17:37)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-21, 16:21)Nekromantik Wrote: has the kodi repo been updated?

Currently, it's on 0.9.26~alpha3, but I'll be updating it shortly.

EDIT: Updated to 0.9.27~alpha2 Big Grin 

thanks!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - holydhaliwal - 2019-04-21

(2019-04-20, 09:54)holydhaliwal Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 09:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 07:04)holydhaliwal Wrote: @jurialmunkey Have you considered adding an option to blur poster for background instead of fanart? I changed the skin to do this and it gives a more consistent experience imo. While most of the time fanart matches the color scheme of the poster closely, when it doesn't it can be jarring and feel out of place when the blurred background is a completely different color than the poster. In my case I'm using tvshow.poster if it exists and poster otherwise. Just a thought!

Good point. I will add an option on whether to use poster or fanart for blur in the next round of updates.                   
Glad to hear it! On another note, I brought this up earlier but you may have missed it/it may not be a skin issue: When opening Kodi directly to the information screen of a movie/episode the blurred background stays the same as for whatever the previously selected item was, and doesn't update for the new item. If blur is disabled the background is updated properly however, with blur, it seems to get stuck. 

In my case, I'm using Android TV's channels feature to display smart playlist content on the (android) home screen. If an item is selected from that list it opens kodi directly to the information screen of that item, albeit with the wrong blurred background.                 
@jurialmunkey I ended up fixing this issue by duplicating the code under
xml:
<include name="Global_Background">
in Includes_Global.xml and naming it Info_Background and then adding the following to DialogVideoInfo.xml:
xml:
<include>Info_Background</include>
I also had to add the following to Includes_Global.xml under "Global_Background_Image_Var"
xml:
  <!-- Fanart -->
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster)) + Skin.HasSetting(PosterBlur)">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</value>

This ends up breaking the "Blur Info Screen only" option, however, since I don't use it it's no bother to me. That being said I don't know anything about Kodi skinning, so I'm sure if you wanted to include the above fix you could do it in a way that doesn't break that option.

On another note, I believe the following two lines should be reversed: 
xml:

<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.ListItem.Art(poster))">$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(poster)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster))">$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>

Another issue is the fanart is still being used for the blurred background when navigating the hub, though not a major issue for me I believe it's probably unintended.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - johnjohn22 - 2019-04-22

Hey there!
Just enabled this skin, but unfortunately it locked me out of my Vero 4K. I had the old arctic zephyr skin installed before, but the osmc leia release just landed, so I updated to that. After doing so, I cannot access my settings anymore.

What I did was enable the skin, choose the “darker” color scheme. My menu items from the old skin are still there. I used to access settings by going to Power and then up to settings. However now, on power, I just see a black box saying “Power Menu” with no menu items in it at all.

Anyone know how I can get to my settings so I can fix it? Smile

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Sjors125 - 2019-04-22

@johnjohn22 Are you able to access your Vero via Windows? For example, I can add and remove everything I want to have on my Eminent mediaplayer buy going to Windows Explorer and there, open the folders that I need on my mediaplayer. If so, you could manually delete all AZ2 files and reboot your Vero afterwards.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - mport3nt - 2019-04-22

(2019-04-21, 16:02)mark_dj Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 23:51)drinfernoo Wrote: Would it be possible to add a "Season Info"-ish view, that allows you to pick the season on the left side (doesn't need artwork necessarily), and then have episode fanart and metadata/plot vertically (think of Aura's "Episode List") on the right... similar to how Netflix does it? They also have a clearlogo-type artwork on the top-left of the screen as well.

Hopefully that gives an idea of the type of view I'm thinking of, but obviously with the AZ2 feel Big Grin
I support this idea, it looks pretty great Big Grin

I really support this idea aswell!! It looks freaking amazing.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Starmanrf - 2019-04-23

@jurialmunkey and I thought aura was great...you've outdone yourself with AZ2 as my new go-to skin...kudos!! 

Is there a bit of code I can copy and paste somewhere to have clearlogos on the player seekbar like aura ( or is it possible to add it as a feature to AZ2 In a future release)?

Also, was playing around with some screen shots and got these concepts looking pretty good, so I wonder if i could make these feature requests with perhaps an option to enable/disable in settings for folks who don't want it:

Discart(if available) with Information...

Big Plot with clearlogo (If Available)...

I'm not a skinner so not even sure that its possible on these dialogs, but i hope it keeps with the elegance of the skin ....What do you think?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Dillik - 2019-04-23

@jurialmunkey Great skin so far. 
But there are two minor things I'm missing in the PVR section:
* A visual feedback when pressing a number key to directly select a channel
* The possibility to restart the current program/start a previous program (usefull if you use Zattoo)

Keep up your great work.