Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-07-18

logictester Wrote:you are right - something is wrong with the loaded nfo's - i can't change any other detail as well, what can be done?
thanks

Are the nfos read-only? If not, enable error logging and try to edit a movie. If an error log is created post it here. If no error log is created, double check your file naming settings to make sure you have them set correctly.

EDIT: Just off the top of my head, I'm guessing you use <movie>.nfo for all your nfos, but have "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies" enabled as well. Or you use movie.nfo, but have <movie>.nfo selected (or vice-versa)

- logictester - 2009-07-18

nul7 Wrote:Are the nfos read-only? If not, enable error logging and try to edit a movie. If an error log is created post it here. If no error log is created, double check your file naming settings to make sure you have them set correctly.

EDIT: Just off the top of my head, I'm guessing you use <movie>.nfo for all your nfos, but have "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies" enabled as well. Or you use movie.nfo, but have <movie>.nfo selected (or vice-versa)

i did have <movie>.nfo and and only for folders with multiple movies selected, now i've unchecked use for multiple movies only but still no luck - do i need to rescrape or something like that?

it works Smile thank you so much

- nul7 - 2009-07-18

logictester Wrote:i did have <movie>.nfo and and only for folders with multiple movies selected, now i've unchecked use for multiple movies only but still no luck - do i need to rescrape or something like that?

it works Smile thank you so much

Great! Glad it's working for you!

EDIT: And just FYI to everyone, I replaced the Extras 10 download with a new one to fix the string Tolriq pointed out a few posts above. Not necessary to update, but don't freak out when the message box appears for clearing the cache and it looks all funky. lol Although, there were some changes in the current version to where you should rarely see that message box (if ever). Choice is yours to update. Wink

is there a way of filtering out movies from the list - for example i have a folder named - personal - and i don't want it to load anything from this folder to the movie list - is it possible?

- mason - 2009-07-18

nul7, lemme say great job youre doing with the app... i love it Smile also the new version has pretty nice features.

but i experienced a problem with the latest version.
if i 'rescrape' a movie or would like to change the artwork it wouldnt save the selected artwork/poster even if i checked the 'overwriting' mode in the settings. all files are located on a local hdd without any write protections ...

i tried removing the files, cleared the cache, reloaded the library and rescraped them. the poster ie is shown, saved to folder.jpg but not as movie.tbn as stated in the settings. the fanart is also show in the selection dialouge but not in the overview and not saved as a file.

any idea?

no error log is written btw, also i noticed the media flags are gone after a while ... the behaviour is pretty strange of this version somehow ... sorry i need to say that

- nul7 - 2009-07-18

logictester Wrote:is there a way of filtering out movies from the list - for example i have a folder named - personal - and i don't want it to load anything from this folder to the movie list - is it possible?

If you don't mind renaming the folder you can add "(noscan)" to it and ember will skip it.

mason Wrote:nul7, lemme say great job youre doing with the app... i love it Smile also the new version has pretty nice features.

if i 'rescrape' a movie or would like to change the artwork it wouldnt save the selected artwork/poster even if i checked the 'overwriting' mode in the settings. all files are located on a local hdd without any write protections ...

i tried removing the files, cleared the cache, reloaded the library and rescraped them. the poster ie is shown, saved to folder.jpg but not as movie.tbn as stated in the settings. the fanart is also show in the selection dialouge but not in the overview and not saved as a file.

any idea?

Hmmm... all I can suggest is to double check your file naming settings. If everything is correct, enable error logging and try again. If an error log is created, post it here. If not, please email your settings.xml and an example folder structure (exact folder name and names of all files in the folder) to nul7 [at] embermm.com so I can test using your exact settings to find out what the issue is.

- anoobie - 2009-07-18

Thanks for the update especially the extrathumb sizing/padding options. Smile

nul7 Wrote:If you don't mind renaming the folder you can add "(noscan)" to it and ember will skip it.

will it also skip every other folder within this folder?

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-18

Ok guys I am deff missing something here Tried this on my XP machine aswell and getting the same error tried it without loading net3.5 first
And said it needs net3.5 installed that and now im back to the same error I am getting on all my other pcs.
Could you please make a link to just one zip file with everything needed in it ?
thanks for any help.

- Cosmor - 2009-07-18

Media Info Scaning from DVD not working

- Arkitech - 2009-07-18

mason Wrote:nul7, lemme say great job youre doing with the app... i love it Smile also the new version has pretty nice features.

any idea?

no error log is written btw, also i noticed the media flags are gone after a while ... the behaviour is pretty strange of this version somehow ... sorry i need to say that
I'm having the same problem, I'm trying to update some of my movies but it wont save any of the items I chose and reverts to the old items.

For example, during an automatic update of my movies, it incorrectly scraped "Stargate" for Stargate SG1, so I tried doing Change Movie, found the correct one and chose the artwork/cover I wanted, pressed ok, and it doesn't save. It still shows up as SG1.

- mason - 2009-07-18

i send nu7 a detailed mail with information regarding this .. lets see what he comes up with Wink

- Tolriq - 2009-07-18

First French traduction.

http://www.leetzone.org/French.rar

Far from perfect because sometime lacks of space. And can't think of a simple word for Place Holder.

And just a remark. The initial setup dialog can be traduced but you can"t select the lang maybe for a next version Smile

- Tolriq - 2009-07-18

Ho yes and since i can't wait for the $O i activate my brain to remember a little this awfull thing that is VB.

Here's a Patch against build 771 to add this support. If you can add it to main branch will be wonderfull.

http://www.leetzone.org/Patch_OriginalTitle_r771.rar

- kurojaki - 2009-07-18

can u add writer/written by in this program? or how do i do that?