Kodi Community Forum
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=254502)

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - sausageman - 2017-08-03

I'm still running v2.4. I assume much has changed since then (is LiveTV control close to being included yet?)

Is there a straight forward way to update to the latest version, or do I need to install as though it is the first time?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-08-03

The upgrade procedure is outlined in UPGRADING.md on Github. It's much the same as a fresh install, minus setting up accounts and such.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - rjhale - 2017-08-04

I've got this working on my htpc, without any VPN connection. The next step is to get this working while connected to a VPN.

I was wondering if anyone knows what steps I would take to get this to work while connected to a VPN service like Private Internet Access?

Thanks.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-08-04

It just needs a static endpoint.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - rjhale - 2017-08-04

(2017-08-04, 05:26)jingai Wrote: It just needs a static endpoint.

I think that's what I'm not understanding. The PIA VPN service does not offer static addresses, so I'm not sure how to provide the config with a static address in this case. Is there a way to submit my VPN IP address to a DDNS service like NoIP? Or perhaps I am fundamentally misunderstanding how the these components should fit together?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-08-06

@rjhale, honestly I'm not sure, but you could try hooking it up to NoIP and see.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - 2manyhobbies - 2017-08-06

What does it mean when it works from the TEST on the amazon developer page, but not through voice commands with my echo?

Edit- Also my log did not show my deviceID, instead it just said DeviceID.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-08-07

(2017-08-06, 23:49)2manyhobbies Wrote: What does it mean when it works from the TEST on the amazon developer page, but not through voice commands with my echo?

A few posts above yours gives some suggestions.

(2017-08-06, 23:49)2manyhobbies Wrote: Edit- Also my log did not show my deviceID, instead it just said DeviceID.

The simulator has no device ID.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - 2manyhobbies - 2017-08-08

(2017-08-06, 23:49)2manyhobbies Wrote: A few posts above yours gives some suggestions.

My region is correct in the developer/aws site and in my zappa.

(2017-08-06, 23:49)2manyhobbies Wrote: Edit- Also my log did not show my deviceID, instead it just said DeviceID.

That makes sense.

Thanks for the help. Should I be able to see a Kodi skill in my skills on the alexa app?

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - jingai - 2017-08-08

Yes, it will be visible in the app

(2017-08-08, 00:33)jingai Wrote: Yes, it will be visible in the app

Ok, I don't see any Kodi app.

I just re-installed everything and made a new user in IAM. Downgraded flask-ask. Now the test on the developer page does not work nor through alexa. I will keep troubleshooting. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You don't need to downgrade Flask-ask any more

(2017-08-08, 01:41)jingai Wrote: You don't need to downgrade Flask-ask any more

Ok, thanks I am upgrading flask.Which version do you recommend using?

I found the App. In the developer console, in your kodi app, underneath the privacy and compliance tab on the left, there is a skills beta testing *beta test your skill button. You have to click on that and send yourself a request to test the app in order to get the app in your skills.

Update:
I got it. Thanks again for your help. I deleted the kodi-alexa-master folder and started with a fresh copy I got from howtogeek's article.

Suggestion: I think the HOW-TO should be updated to reflect the Skills Beta Testing requirement in order to get the app in your skills.

Just let it install the latest.

RE: Amazon Echo skill for Kodi - 8osman - 2017-08-08

(2017-07-31, 15:42)digiltd Wrote:
(2017-07-20, 20:54)8osman Wrote: I've looked on aws.cloudwatch.... it has all sorts of options on how to setup logs, I honestly cannot fathom where I need to go to link it's logging with my existing lambda project, so if someone can link me to a tutorial, that would be great. I've searched this thread with no further help found.

It is already logging. You get to it from the CloudWatch screen using the menu on the left. Click on Logs, then click on the Lambda function, then you will see a page of streams, make sure you are sorting by "Last Event Time" and click on the top one. Note that Zappa constantly pings the function so it will be full of crap. But if you are watching it whilst you are trying to test the Skill you should see the relevant log info.

Thanks for the help, however when I click into the cloudwatch managment console and select logs there is no "lambda function to select". I get a welcome page with a quickstart guide, (definitely no links to a lambda function on the page). It makes no sense compared to the comments I see here?

I wonder if I've got some basic settings wrong with the aws setup, however as far as I can see it all setup perfectly in accordance with the github instructions.