Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) (/showthread.php?tid=185290)

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - patseguin - 2014-04-28

Yeah man, you're not dumb. Took me a while to find that out too.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - toineb - 2014-04-29

+1

took me a while too lol

Not seen warlion on for a few days, hope all is well - just want to add a big thank you to him for this skin. I have two computers that I use xbmc on one being a zbox on which I use nox 5 and the other being a gaming rig that I use now 4.1.9 on both are great skins and I really appreciate all your hard work

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - andrewf - 2014-04-29

This is a really useful brief guide about the beta release

http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-0-gotham-beta1-rises/

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Warner306 - 2014-04-30

Has anyone noticed any improvement in previous bugs with the release of Gotham RC1? I've yet to have any lock-ups and the extended info error has disappeared. But I haven't used it for more than an hour.

I wonder what happened to Warlion? Most likely something personal, but for a guy with over 1,000 posts, it is strange for him to disappear. It's been one week since his last post. I will have to make a request to Big Noid for further bug changes if another week goes by without any reply. I have tried every other Gotham-compatible skin and refuse to make a change as Aeon Version 4 is by far the best way to get the most out of XBMC.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - patseguin - 2014-04-30

I'm a little concerned too. I'm sure there's no problem with you making a modded version. I've been using MQ 5 lately because it's in the official repo and has a lot of configurability like Nox. I think Nox 5 is a good skin for someone who ants a lightweight skin with fewer options. Nox was supposed to stand for eye candy and configurability and it just feels like 5 is going in a different direction. If something happened with Warlion, someone could get permission to carry on.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - bolter - 2014-04-30

I have a slight problem, I'm hoping someone can help me with.
First things first. I'm running windows 7, 64 bit with AN 4.1.9.9 and Beta 4 of Gotham

My problem is I set up AN for the whole family and everything was great. I then added a new profile called 'Private' with all setting set as 'Separate' to keep some movies away from the kids.

In the 'Master' profile I have an 'In Progress' widget running on the Home menu which works fine until you watch a movie in the newly created 'Private' profile then switch back. After doing so, you get images of the posters from the movies you watched in the 'Private' profile in the "In Progress" widget. Which I do not want the kids to see. These posters will not play those movies, but instead play random movies from the "Master" profile. These posters also disappear when you close XBMC and re-enter.

I have also Tried creating a custom 'In Progress' widget using "Contains" for the source and "In Progress" set as True. This makes no difference, I get the same result.

I thought that Profiles were total separate to each other.

Is there anyone that can help me with this problem.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - kuzeth - 2014-04-30

Hey guys, getting black screen problems when installing via >Addons > Install from Zip file

It immediately black screens on me.

(2014-04-30, 04:35)bolter Wrote: I have a slight problem, I'm hoping someone can help me with.
First things first. I'm running windows 7, 64 bit with AN 4.1.9.9 and Beta 4 of Gotham

My problem is I set up AN for the whole family and everything was great. I then added a new profile called 'Private' with all setting set as 'Separate' to keep some movies away from the kids.

In the 'Master' profile I have an 'In Progress' widget running on the Home menu which works fine until you watch a movie in the newly created 'Private' profile then switch back. After doing so, you get images of the posters from the movies you watched in the 'Private' profile in the "In Progress" widget. Which I do not want the kids to see. These posters will not play those movies, but instead play random movies from the "Master" profile. These posters also disappear when you close XBMC and re-enter.

I have also Tried creating a custom 'In Progress' widget using "Contains" for the source and "In Progress" set as True. This makes no difference, I get the same result.

I don't have any experience with profiles, but widgets can be controlled with the Smart Playlist Manager. Create a playlist that you want to keep separate from the kids, open the Smart Playlist Manager in the Home Menu Item Customizer (press up in front of a catagory), choose an open slot, pick the playlist you created and return to the menu screen. Now, when you choose a widget for the category in question, you should have an option for the playlist you created. This widget will only show items related to that playlist. I think the Playlist Manager creates options called last item and in-progress. If not, you may have to create a playlist called in-progress and add that to the Smart Playlist Manager. You would then have to do the same thing for the kid's movies.

If you want to customize a sub-menu, I have no experience with that, but it may be possible using the same interface.

(2014-04-30, 06:15)kuzeth Wrote: Hey guys, getting black screen problems when installing via >Addons > Install from Zip file

Try upgrading your copy of XBMC after upgrading your copy of the skin.

Sorry Warner, but what do you mean exactly? How do I upgrade? Assuming you don't mean: Copy existing XBMC install from Beta4 (Programfilesx86 > XBMC (copy folder directory content) uninstall existing > install RC1 > copy and paste previous Beta 4 directory into new RC1 install directory

By installing Gotham Beta 4 and adding Aeon Nox 4.1.9 - it works in Beta 4

I then copy the contents of the C:\Program Files (x86) \ XBMC folder - and save to a different hard drive.

Uninstall Beta 4 and remove every single registry item and left over bits and pieces.

Install RC1 and verify in system info that it is the correct version running.

I then copy and replace all files back into the XBMC (RC1) directory.

Open XBMC and the skin runs fine.

Go into system info and it says it is running Beta 4...

Any ideas?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - bolter - 2014-04-30

(2014-04-30, 06:25)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 04:35)bolter Wrote: I have a slight problem, I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I don't have any experience with profiles, but widgets can be controlled with the Smart Playlist Manager. Create a playlist that you want to keep separate from the kids, open the Smart Playlist Manager in the Home Menu Item Customizer (press up in front of a catagory), choose an open slot, pick the playlist you created and return to the menu screen. Now, when you choose a widget for the category in question, you should have an option for the playlist you created. This widget will only show items related to that playlist. I think the Playlist Manager creates options called last item and in-progress. If not, you may have to create a playlist called in-progress and add that to the Smart Playlist Manager. You would then have to do the same thing for the kid's movies.

If you want to customize a sub-menu, I have no experience with that, but it may be possible using the same interface.

(2014-04-30, 06:15)kuzeth Wrote: Hey guys, getting black screen problems when installing via >Addons > Install from Zip file

Try upgrading your copy of XBMC after upgrading your copy of the skin.

Thanks for the help Warner306 but I have done all that but still no go.

Update: May have fixed my problem by installing XBMC RC1. problem seems to have gone, but too early to see yet. Lets hope

(2014-04-30, 07:33)kuzeth Wrote: By installing Gotham Beta 4 and adding Aeon Nox 4.1.9 - it works in Beta 4

I then copy the contents of the C:\Program Files (x86) \ XBMC folder - and save to a different hard drive.

Uninstall Beta 4 and remove every single registry item and left over bits and pieces.

Install RC1 and verify in system info that it is the correct version running.

I then copy and replace all files back into the XBMC (RC1) directory.

Open XBMC and the skin runs fine.

Go into system info and it says it is running Beta 4...

Any ideas?

Instead of copy and pasting all those files, why didn't you just install RC1 over Beta 4? I'd download the RC1 installer and try it again.

I tried installing it over the top but it gave me an error: http://prntscr.com/3ers22

Hitting ignore until it installed and System Info still shows it as Beta 4 and Aeon Nox Gotham Plus is gone from Appearance, and has reverted to Confluence.

On a side note, 4.1.9 gives me a black screen on my HTPC install when installing via zip file running Beta 4 as well.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - neurosis13 - 2014-04-30

(2014-04-30, 08:04)kuzeth Wrote: I tried installing it over the top but it gave me an error: http://prntscr.com/3ers22

Hitting ignore until it installed and System Info still shows it as Beta 4 and Aeon Nox Gotham Plus is gone from Appearance, and has reverted to Confluence.

On a side note, 4.1.9 gives me a black screen on my HTPC install when installing via zip file running Beta 4 as well.

you must quit XBMC before installing the new version, thats why you get these errors.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - doriath - 2014-04-30

Guys, any working link for 4.1.9.9? Dropbox account is unreachable....