Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only) (/showthread.php?tid=185290)

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - BigNoid - 2014-05-01

(2014-05-01, 01:38)Warner306 Wrote: I agree. I thought something had happened to him as he was posting several times daily for over a month. It wasn't impatience.

Looking at warlion's profile, he was on yesterday but hasn't posted in one week. He is also working on another skin (which is in the concept stage) and just bought an Intel NUC. He's probably busy and hopefully not dead. He had mentioned the skin was near finished and still has a few bugs that are annoying but could be fixed in a few days. Like most, now that Gotham has been released, I'd prefer to download a final copy and use it until the next version of XBMC is released.

I am also a champion of this skin because it makes XBMC more fun to use. Without it, there are options in Mediaportal that sometimes look more appealing to me. The XBMC developers would be wise to showcase Aeon Nox in its current form because of its customization options. They are always trying to sway users from other programs, and for many, Aeon Nox is one of the reasons they keep coming back.
Wow, thats close to stalking warlion Tongue

As far as showcasing this version of Nox goes, keep in mind that forum users are the minority of xbmc users and are usually the guys and girls that like to tinker with their setup. You may not like it, but the direction operating systems and gui's are taking nowadays are towards a clean ui (less=more) and to not drown the user in endless options and settings. Things should work right out of the box and you shouldn't have to keep a ten page list of settings to remember in case the system has to be setup again.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - bolter - 2014-05-01

Is anybody out there running a customised "In Progress" playlist. The problem I have is, the widget is visible 100% of the time, it does not disappear when nothing is "In Progress" and it will not update the percentage through the movie until xbmc is closed and reopened. If someone is doing similar and having no problems, can they show pictures of their "smart playlist manager" setup and their playlist config. I've tried different settings and getting no where. The playlist works in, it shows what's in progress in the custom folder, but just doesn't update or disappear when no in progress movies.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - woodside - 2014-05-01

(2014-04-25, 10:20)firetix Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 20:23)Eisi2005 Wrote: @warlion

since one of the last git updates i have the following problem. If i press info during a playing movie i get on the left side the cover of the movie with a rolling disc. But after 5 seconds the cover and the disc disappear and i get the plot of the movie there. This dont look very nice in my eyes. Could i disable this "feature" ?

I agree, this don't look quite nice.
Is there an option to disable that ?

I thought this didn't look good either. It took me a couple of hours to track it down but I fixed this by commenting out the following lines in "includes.xml"

1249 thru 1253
1300 thru 1304 (if you have "case on info screen" enabled)
1383 thru 1423

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Warner306 - 2014-05-01

(2014-05-01, 11:02)bolter Wrote: Is anybody out there running a customised "In Progress" playlist. The problem I have is, the widget is visible 100% of the time, it does not disappear when nothing is "In Progress" and it will not update the percentage through the movie until xbmc is closed and reopened. If someone is doing similar and having no problems, can they show pictures of their "smart playlist manager" setup and their playlist config. I've tried different settings and getting no where. The playlist works in, it shows what's in progress in the custom folder, but just doesn't update or disappear when no in progress movies.

I have a widget that exhibits the same behaviour, so you're not alone. But I can't tell how to fix it. You could try using the "Classic" style, which hides the widget in a box on the side. It is then less visible.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - timoxx4 - 2014-05-02

Cant download this DOWNLOAD LINK 4.1.9.9

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - CelticShady - 2014-05-02

Download it from here https://github.com/WarLion/skin.Aeon-Nox-4.1.9 just click download zip

I think that is only 4.1.9.8 not 4.1.9.9 ?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - ShadowTek - 2014-05-02

For what its worth, if you remove the MiscScraper.py file from the script.extendedinfo folder, the extendedinfo error goes away. Im not really sure what that file does but everything I use the script for still works fine.

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Raytestrak - 2014-05-02

(2014-05-01, 10:49)BigNoid Wrote: As far as showcasing this version of Nox goes, keep in mind that forum users are the minority of xbmc users and are usually the guys and girls that like to tinker with their setup. You may not like it, but the direction operating systems and gui's are taking nowadays are towards a clean ui (less=more) and to not drown the user in endless options and settings. Things should work right out of the box and you shouldn't have to keep a ten page list of settings to remember in case the system has to be setup again.

I personally keep using Nox 4 because Nox 5 is missing some views I like too much. I have no widgets and just a few custom configs, but not that much. As such, it even runs fluently on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, which is ancient in tech years. Guess I'll have to wait for mods on Nox 5 (although I must confess I haven't installed Nox 5 since way in the beginning).

On topic: The only thing I don't like, maybe some one here knows what to change, is the poster that switches to plot info when you pause a video. Is there a way to stop it from switching?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - Eisi2005 - 2014-05-02

Take a look at post 1773

(2014-05-02, 10:44)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 10:49)BigNoid Wrote: As far as showcasing this version of Nox goes, keep in mind that forum users are the minority of xbmc users and are usually the guys and girls that like to tinker with their setup. You may not like it, but the direction operating systems and gui's are taking nowadays are towards a clean ui (less=more) and to not drown the user in endless options and settings. Things should work right out of the box and you shouldn't have to keep a ten page list of settings to remember in case the system has to be setup again.

I personally keep using Nox 4 because Nox 5 is missing some views I like too much. I have no widgets and just a few custom configs, but not that much. As such, it even runs fluently on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, which is ancient in tech years. Guess I'll have to wait for mods on Nox 5 (although I must confess I haven't installed Nox 5 since way in the beginning).

On topic: The only thing I don't like, maybe some one here knows what to change, is the poster that switches to plot info when you pause a video. Is there a way to stop it from switching? And I have no idea what "commenting out the following lines " means ? How dose one comment a line ? Do I just talk to my computer and tell it about the problem and it will go away Huh?

I agree. Nox 4 is much nicer than Nox 5. Nox 5 is missing too much to be a viable option for me.

I too would like to be able to stop the poster switching thing also. If its even possible ?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - elnino-1900 - 2014-05-02

@timoxx4 look at post 1773 . User has managed to remove the plot.

Yeah its just what the heck dose "commenting out the following lines" mean ? How dose one comment a line ? Do I just talk to my computer and tell it about the problem and it will go away ?

And where is "includes.xml" located exactly to have this conversation with ?

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - elnino-1900 - 2014-05-02

@timoxx4 The "includes.xml" is located in appdata---roaming---xbmc---addons---skin.aeonnoxgotham---1080---includes.xml.. open the file and then scroll down to the lines specified and delete them.

Ive managed to delete the first two sets of lines but for me deleting the last one seems to cause a problem where xbmc loads but i cant see anything on the main menu. any help?

1249 thru 1253
1383 thru 1423

RE: Aeon nox 4.1.9 (GOTHAM) - woodside - 2014-05-02

(2014-05-02, 15:14)elnino-1900 Wrote: @timoxx4 The "includes.xml" is located in appdata---roaming---xbmc---addons---skin.aeonnoxgotham---1080---includes.xml.. open the file and then scroll down to the lines specified and delete them.

Ive managed to delete the first two sets of lines but for me deleting the last one seems to cause a problem where xbmc loads but i cant see anything on the main menu. any help?

1249 thru 1253
1383 thru 1423

To comment out lines you add <!-- at the beginning and --> at the end. You will see everything in between grey out. Using that sequence of characters is used to add comments in xml files. XBMC will ignore anything that is commented out. Hmmm... I haven't completely deleted any of the lines but have commented them out and have no problems with not being able to see anything on the main menu. That's strange that it doesn't work for you.