Kodi Community Forum
v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v19 Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod (/showthread.php?tid=358382)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - gemini88 - 2022-09-16

@latts9923 sorry to be a pest I've figured everything else out using your code but question how do you get the fanart to show on the homescreen of the currently playing artist and the player controls to show on the homescreen  as well only asking because my wife has the aeon Tajo skin and its a little more simple for her because aeon mq8 is just to crazy for her "all the bells and whistles" she seen it on aeon mq8 on my other machine and thought it was by default and not a modification, liked it and now wants it on her skin just inquiring I've tried by the way lol

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-09-16

@hrgiger
Are you using an Nvidia Shield? I know others have problems downloading from the repo with that system. You can manually download the skin and install the zip. Nice username by the way...Alien and Aliens are both in my top 5 Sci-Fi movies list.

@gemini88
Let me take a look when I get back in front of my PC and I'll let you know where to find that info in the xml.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - gemini88 - 2022-09-16

Thanks brother I really appreciate you man I will donate to you whenever you may need compensation because this skin is ridiculously 🔥 amazing never seen any other like it idk how you packed all this awesomeness into one skin

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - hrgiger - 2022-09-16

(2022-09-16, 20:50)latts9923 Wrote: @hrgiger
Are you using an Nvidia Shield? I know others have problems downloading from the repo with that system. You can manually download the skin and install the zip. Nice username by the way...Alien and Aliens are both in my top 5 Sci-Fi movies list.
Hi mate
Yeah Nvidia shield, for some reason it just started after the 5th time of trying.. guessing its something to do with the new shield update that broke a few things.
I have everything working now, but cant figure out how to change all the media flags to colored ones, as all mine are white and fading into the background... any idea?

I love the hrgiger stuff, been a big fan of his work from the beginning, although there is some proper weird stuff in his early work

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Kupo91 - 2022-09-17

(2022-08-12, 22:01)latts9923 Wrote: @Kupo91
I think I have a fix for the missing fanart when external drives are disconnected. It will be included in the next update. Test it out and see if it works for you too.

Hi, did you add the fix that you mentioned? It still shows no fanarts for me

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-09-17

@gemini88
For the music fanart showing in the home screen background, open Home.xml and find...
xml:

<!-- Extra Fanart em reproducao audio -->
The control below that shows the fanart image.

For the player controls, find...
xml:

<!-- Controles -->
<control type="group" id="600">
The includes under that display the player control images.

I see player controls for Aeon Tajo when you're in song view. You might be able to make those display in the Home screen as well.

Thanks for the kind words! And donations are always appreciated!

@hrgiger
You can install all the colored media icon add-ons from my repo under LOOK AND FEEL > IMAGE COLLECTIONS.

Oh yeah, I've seen a lot of the artwork that Alien was based off of. He was definitely a tad weird. Haha.

@Kupo91
My artwork is displaying on the test Movie I imported when I disconnect the external drive. It does take a few seconds to start displaying.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - gemini88 - 2022-09-17

@latts9923 🙏🏽 the player controls can be shown on the homescreen (tajo) but there always seen yours are only seen when playing a song or video and while pressing back to go to the homescreen

@latts9923 Welp I'll just move on and stay on your skin too much modifications just to get fanart to show on the homescreen would be cool if by default, it shows but its half of the screen (cut off) while the music fanart art showing as well I've used your code and it works its just the fanart is cut off I guess the wife just has to deal with that skin not having that feature 😂Welp I'll just move on and stay on your skin too much modifications just to get fanart to show on the homescreen would be cool if by default, it shows but its half of the screen (cut off) while the music fanart art showing as well I've used your code and it works its just the fanart is cut off I guess the wife just has to deal with that skin not having that feature 😂

@latts9923 this is how it looks 😂🤣😭

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-09-17

gemini88
Is this what you had in mind?

If so I'll tell you how to make it work. Also, if you'll post the code you used to make the player controls visible I'll take a look at it.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - gemini88 - 2022-09-18

I can't curse but you're a m*** God man that's all I need the mq8 skin is just on a different level man seriously. And I just copied and paste the PlayerControl.xml (stop, play, rew etc) code into the home.xml  🤦🏾‍♂️😂🤣😭 if I did get it to work the music fanart I can't get it to cycle the fanart that artwork dump downloaded while on the home menu only in the music Visualisation window

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - gemini88 - 2022-09-18

@latts9923 
PlayerControl.xml (Tajo)

<control type="button" id="700">
                    <textoffsety>60</textoffsety>
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDPlaylistFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDPlaylistNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <onclick condition="Player.HasAudio">ActivateWindow(MusicPlaylist)</onclick>
                    <onclick condition="Player.HasVideo">ActivateWindow(VideoPlaylist)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="600">
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDPrevTrackFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDPrevTrackNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Previous)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="601">
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDRewindFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDRewindNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Rewind)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="togglebutton" id="602">
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDPauseFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDPauseNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <alttexturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDPlayFO.png</alttexturefocus>
                    <alttexturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDPlayNF.png</alttexturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <altlabel>208</altlabel>
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <usealttexture>Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</usealttexture>
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Play)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="603">
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDStopFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDStopNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Stop)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="604">
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDForwardFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDForwardNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Forward)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="605">
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDNextTrackFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDNextTrackNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Next)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="togglebutton" id="704">
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDRandomOffFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDRandomOffNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <alttexturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDRandomOnFO.png</alttexturefocus>
                    <alttexturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDRandomOnNF.png</alttexturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <usealttexture>Playlist.IsRandom</usealttexture>
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Random)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="707">
                    <width>0.1</width>
                    <height>0.1</height>
                    <texturefocus />
                    <texturenofocus />
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[486]$INFO[Playlist.Repeat, : ]</label>
                    <font />
                    <onclick>PlayerControl(Repeat)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="image" id="708">
                    <texture>$VAR[MusicOSDRepeatButtonVar]</texture>
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="606">
                    <texturefocus>osd/buttons/OSDChannelListFO.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>osd/buttons/OSDChannelListNF.png</texturenofocus>
                    <label />
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>100</height>
                    <font />
                    <onclick>Dialog.Close(All,true)</onclick>
                    <onclick>Fullscreen</onclick>

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - Jumpy73 - 2022-09-18

I @latts9923 
I returned after an absence of a few months 

After kodi started many addons have been updated. Then I have gone on my movies main menu. For each movie no info for Studio and studio icon is diplayed. I don't know but this problem happens very frequently. 

Currently I have installed Skin Helper service 1.1.43 as last updated version.
I hope this info is enough for addressing the issue

Note: Could you suggest me a media box to connect to the TV where I can install the kodi App with your mod? I had a Minix before but it run very very slowly, so I find a media box (android or win is the same) where Kodi run quickly

Many thanks and regards

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - latts9923 - 2022-09-18

@gemini88
Haha...don't you blaspheme! I sent you a PM so we don't tie up this forum with other skin talk. I can look at making the artwork cycle as well if you're happy with how it looks after you read the PM.

@Jumpy73
Howdy! Yes, you are using the most current version of Skin Helper. Are you using v1.0.50 of Metadatautils as well? You can try removing simplecache.db and let it repopulate. It will take a few minutes to complete.

I use a FireTV for my TV media box, but I only use it as a testing device for Android. I think the Nvidia Shield is used by many here on the forum, but I'll let those that have one speak on the performace. Can you guys provide feedback for Jumpy73 on how the Shield performs with KODI? Thanks!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix - wags1 - 2022-09-18

@Jumpy73 I run Kodi on 2 Nvidia Shields. It works great. The benefit is you can attach an external SSD to one of the USB ports and configure it as internal/adopted storage (I use a 120gb SSD in an enclosure) for plenty of app storage. Also Kodi Matrix 19.4 is in the Google App Store…