Kodi Community Forum
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences (/showthread.php?tid=170791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - deviant12no - 2013-11-25

This should help explain why there is limited space on the ATV520..

http://beranger.org/2013/06/14/android-storage-what-nobody-bothered-to-tell-you/

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - charliebrown - 2013-11-27

does the apple remote work with this?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - eulaersivan - 2013-11-27

I've bought the ATV520 for our summer house where I don't have internet or a NAS. I've bought a USB 3.0 2TB hdd. The ATV520 loads perfectly, scans the hdd for any new content and shows the movies in the movie library.

However when I scroll through the movie library, XBMC crashes and I'm back at the Android home page (with all the different icons). When this has happened and when I return to XMBC, I'll have a new crash when scrolling through the library. I have not yet successfully scrolled from A to Z.

Any idea what can be wrong and how I can fix this?

Ivan

(2013-11-27, 21:50)eulaersivan Wrote: I've bought a USB 3.0 2TB hdd.

I've just replaced the hdd with my NAS and I don't have problems scrolling from A to Z. But of course, this is at home. At my summer house, I don't have a NAS, just the USB HDD.

BTW I've used exFat as file system on the HDD.

Ivan

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - GregiBoy - 2013-11-27

Try NTFS or EXT3.

I've resolved any problems with ALL of my media players by going the EXT3 route.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - half-fast - 2013-11-28

Hello everyone. Been reading through this forums and a couple others, but can't find an answer to my question. Just bought a mygica 520e, and for the most part, the device is amazing! I'm happy with it, except when it comes to attached storage. Ive attached 3 usb stick, only one worked. I also attached one external usb drive(western digital 3TB) and it is also not getting detected.

I've upgraded to the latest firmware but still nothing. Any ideas?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - micahg - 2013-11-28

I'm probably going to get flamed for asking this since someone has already said that nighty builds work, but I'd like to confirm if those are the official Gotham nightlies from xbmc.org or were they provided by Genaitech. If the official XBMC.org apks work and support hardware acceleration (they should based on the android hardware support page) I'd definitely grab one of these boxes.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2013-11-28

the latest firmware from geniatech comes with Frodo 12.2. I haven't found a need to try a gotham build because Frodo runs rock solid. even with 15mbit 1080p mkv files, the cores are only running at 40-50%.

I'm curious if anyone has tried a recent gotham monthly or nightly and what their experiences are though.

I'm not sure if the packaged Frodo is the straight release from xbmc or if it's been modified at all.

i'm running the packaged Frodo 12.2 with xbmc hub wizard installed and everything works perfectly.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Packetcrypt - 2013-11-29

The ATV520 will not work properly with any Gotham builds at this time because they have not implemented support for the AmLogic chip for hardware acceleration.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - charliebrown - 2013-11-29

just ordered one. Does the apple remote work with the ATV520? or do you need flirc or something?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - micahg - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-29, 00:07)Packetcrypt Wrote: The ATV520 will not work properly with any Gotham builds at this time because they have not implemented support for the AmLogic chip for hardware acceleration.

I thought it might have. Based my googling the SoC is an Amlogic 8726-MX SoC, and according to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Android_hardware it works on 13 alpha 4 or later (if its compiled in) -- I was hoping it would have been turned on.

So, OT, but is there a box like this that does have compatible hardware?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - ludasex - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-20, 19:19)deviant12no Wrote: Going back to the Android Launcher, not sure if anyone else is having the same problem where when you restart the ATX520, Android asks me to choose a launcher even though I've select the default launcher as "ALWAYS" previously. I see the Metro Launcher in the list, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit causing the glitch when you restart??

Currently using the latest SPI and firmware from Geniatech, everything else is solid including the WiFi after the doing the "fix".

A Linux version would be amazing, hopefully Geniatech gives us a Christmas present as Android is just bloat..

Thanks

Sorry, what "fix" are you talking about?
I'm very interested in buying this device and I'll probably have to use it via WiFi.
Thanks.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - micahg - 2013-12-02

(2013-11-29, 00:07)Packetcrypt Wrote: The ATV520 will not work properly with any Gotham builds at this time because they have not implemented support for the AmLogic chip for hardware acceleration.

Confirming this is the case -- I tested it and it failed.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2013-12-02

(2013-11-29, 20:23)ludasex Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 19:19)deviant12no Wrote: Going back to the Android Launcher, not sure if anyone else is having the same problem where when you restart the ATX520, Android asks me to choose a launcher even though I've select the default launcher as "ALWAYS" previously. I see the Metro Launcher in the list, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit causing the glitch when you restart??

Currently using the latest SPI and firmware from Geniatech, everything else is solid including the WiFi after the doing the "fix".

A Linux version would be amazing, hopefully Geniatech gives us a Christmas present as Android is just bloat..

Thanks

Sorry, what "fix" are you talking about?
I'm very interested in buying this device and I'll probably have to use it via WiFi.
Thanks.

the fix involves opening it up, and moving the internal wifi antenna a bit. it's posted closer to the beginning of this thread.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Wardster - 2013-12-03

I just received a new MyGica ATV1200 and it has no security setting under Personal in Android's settings. Strange.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Wardster - 2013-12-03

LoL. Nevermind. First day with an Android device. Tongue