Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ontap - 2019-09-18

Am using latest YT version in leia18.3 and coreelec.when I open "watch later"; , any new content I have added to my list using YT on other devices doesn't show , it appears YT doesn't update my " watched later ".

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ChrisKlondike - 2019-09-18

Hi,

Some Youtube videos just won't play.

I'm running Leia on a Rapberry Pi Model 3 B+.

I see the loading animation for maybe a second, then a screen refresh, then the logo again for a second, then it drops back to the video list with nothing having played.
Although the video remains in the Subscriptions list, it is now also in the History list. The video plays fine on other platforms, but will never play in Kodi.
This happens for just a few videos - others are fine.

The log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ijigapigez 

The "wants to focus but can't" messages are a feature of my logs, but the CCurl::FillBuffer failed messages seem related to this problem.

Oh, a possibly-related thing -  Kodi wakes up the TV now and then - just to be sociable, it seems.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - neo_ - 2019-09-19

(2019-09-18, 20:01)ChrisKlondike Wrote: Some Youtube videos just won't play.

I see the loading animation for maybe a second, then a screen refresh, then the logo again for a second, then it drops back to the video list with nothing having played.
Same exact problem here. Running Leia on CoreELEC all the newest stable. Been happening for a day or two now.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - neo_ - 2019-09-19

(2019-09-19, 06:20)neo_ Wrote:

Same exact problem here. Running Leia on CoreELEC all the newest stable. Been happening for a day or two now. 
Update: FIXED issue by enabling mpeg-dash videos. I previously only had it enabled for Live videos.

(YouTube Settings --> MPEG-DASH --> "Use for Videos" needs to be enabled

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Petes - 2019-09-19

I'm having the same issue, some videos won't load. I enabled DASH for videos and it seems to have fixed the issue, will keep testing.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - luksol - 2019-09-19

Sorry to bother you guys but I couldn't find the answer myself. Is there an ability to block certain channels from coming up in search results? Like a blacklist etc?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - linesma - 2019-09-19

(2019-09-17, 20:16)anxdpanic Wrote: The channel/subscription videos not showing up should be resolved in beta3

Thank you @anxdpanic Moving to beta3 resolved the issue. The plug in is now working perfectly for me. Sorry for the delay in my reply.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Yubby - 2019-09-19

(2019-09-15, 19:40)shedrock Wrote: I am receiving an error message from YouTube in regards to my Daily Limit being exceeded. I have never had this issue using my current API keys, plus I've not even use it for the entire day.

Error msg:
txt:
2019-09-15 13:26:24.593 T:140252190586624   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |dailyLimitExceeded| with message: |Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=119960875614|

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Shedrock

I also encountered this issue several weeks ago,  so I created 'another' set of personal 'keys',  which then got the same error message.
BUT, it hasn't happened in the past 2 weeks...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - shedrock - 2019-09-19

(2019-09-19, 19:45)Yubby Wrote:
(2019-09-15, 19:40)shedrock Wrote: I am receiving an error message from YouTube in regards to my Daily Limit being exceeded. I have never had this issue using my current API keys, plus I've not even use it for the entire day.

Error msg:
txt:
2019-09-15 13:26:24.593 T:140252190586624   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |dailyLimitExceeded| with message: |Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=119960875614|

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Shedrock

I also encountered this issue several weeks ago,  so I created 'another' set of personal 'keys',  which then got the same error message.
BUT, it hasn't happened in the past 2 weeks... 

I actually figured this out after many hours of testing. It is without a doubt the Bingie skin causing it for me. Once I disabled that skin, the problem stopped. I then tried it a couple times after to confirm that it was indeed the skin and it happens every single time.

Shedrock

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - simonmoon - 2019-09-20

I was using 6.5.2~beta2 until today when I just get a Working... spinning circle. No menu ever loads within Youtube add-on. So I updated to 6.5.2~beta3, and I'm getting the same thing. Is this wide spread, or just me.

I was using 6.5.2~beta2 until today when I just get a Working... spinning circle. No menu ever loads within Youtube add-on. So I updated to 6.5.2~beta3, and I'm getting the same thing. Is this wide spread, or just me.
Edit: a menu finally appeared, but it's just a working... spinning circle when I select My Subscriptions.

Edit: Sorry it was just my router, which is messing with only Kodi on my NVIDIA Shield after a reset.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - scott967 - 2019-09-20

(2019-09-17, 20:16)anxdpanic Wrote: @scott967
This should be fixed in beta3

fix confirmed

scott s.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FreakMurderer - 2019-09-20

How download videos using this plugin?
How download video by click context menu on listitem (not during playing video)?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anten.puzl - 2019-09-21

(2019-09-19, 06:43)neo_ Wrote:
(2019-09-19, 06:20)neo_ Wrote:

Update: FIXED issue by enabling mpeg-dash videos. I previously only had it enabled for Live videos.

(YouTube Settings --> MPEG-DASH --> "Use for Videos" needs to be enabled 

Have same problem. But this switch not aviable and i cant change it. How to fix?