Kodi Community Forum
Beta Testflight access to beta version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+---- Thread: Beta Testflight access to beta version (/showthread.php?tid=359717)

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2024-04-06

Alright, not a big deal. Most people will probably never even notice this.

By the way, when you do decide to work on the search bar consider checking out how VLC does it for some inspiration. Maybe you can even look at their code as I believe VLC is open source? It has some different behaviors that seem obvious after experiencing it. For example, it has this snapping mechanism when revealing the search bar, some how avoids the duplicate search bar, keeps the search bar visible when a search term is entered and you scroll and dismisses the search bar when you clear the search term no matter how far down the list you have scrolled. The dynamically showing the clear button whether there is a search term entered or not is nice as well.

None of this is necessary but does add some nice polish to the UIX if you decide it’s something you want to tackle at some point.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2024-04-09

Hi @UlfSchmidt,

as I am now again looking at unfinished work, I came around your feedback on the flickering in Kodi when marking seasons as watched/unwatched. At the same time I saw a bug report on Kodi 21 (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/24959).
(2024-02-25, 18:23)UlfSchmidt Wrote: For some strange reason, I observed the following side effect on the Kodi Server screen (i.e. not in the app): The screen starts flickering while the individual episodes are touched by the app.

Did you possibly test with Kodi 21? The build is still available, are you by chance able to check, if this flickering only occurs with Kodi 21 or also with 20.5 or any other older version?
(2024-02-25, 16:49)Buschel Wrote: 1.14 build 4253.42
I might just go for the play/queue a season before adding the mark seasons watched/unwatched as the latter caused more hassles in the App UI.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2024-04-10

Spotted another minor visual glitch. You know how you added the fan art to the background of the season lists on TV shows?

If you expand a season (doesn’t matter which one) and then reveal the search bar the fan art for the first season will be visible through the search bar. This doesn’t happen if you don’t expand any seasons and just reveal the search bar.

As soon as you tap into the search bar it becomes opaque and the fanart is hidden. Interestingly, if you make the fanart visible through the search bar, then suspend the app and bring the app back up that sequence will also immediately make the search bar opaque.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2024-04-10

Yes. I can only make the fanart visible as long as the searchbar is attached to the top of the season list. Only way to resolve your concern is to remove this fanart from the searchbar. Doesn't look that nice though.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2024-04-10

Fanart looks great there. I wouldn’t change a thing. 🙂

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2024-04-11

(2024-04-09, 07:02)Buschel Wrote: Hi @UlfSchmidt,

as I am now again looking at unfinished work, I came around your feedback on the flickering in Kodi when marking seasons as watched/unwatched. At the same time I saw a bug report on Kodi 21 (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/24959).
(2024-02-25, 18:23)UlfSchmidt Wrote: For some strange reason, I observed the following side effect on the Kodi Server screen (i.e. not in the app): The screen starts flickering while the individual episodes are touched by the app.

Did you possibly test with Kodi 21? The build is still available, are you by chance able to check, if this flickering only occurs with Kodi 21 or also with 20.5 or any other older version?
(2024-02-25, 16:49)Buschel Wrote: 1.14 build 4253.42
I might just go for the play/queue a season before adding the mark seasons watched/unwatched as the latter caused more hassles in the App UI.

Yes, I was and still am on Kodi 21. (Somehow) Good to see that this is a general issue and not related to the App or your implementation.
But I unfortunately don’t have any other installation to re-check. But I think the bug report is quite clear and obvious. So just wait and see?

RE: Testflight access to beta version - Buschel - 2024-04-11

UlfSchmidt Wrote:Yes, I was and still am on Kodi 21. (Somehow) Good to see that this is a general issue and not related to the App or your implementation.
But I unfortunately don’t have any other installation to re-check. But I think the bug report is quite clear and obvious. So just wait and see?
Yep then we'll just wait for this to be fixed. I will not roll out the mark watched/unwatched feature until then. I am anyway inclined to relook some of this stuff anyhow.

amasephy Wrote:Fanart looks great there. I wouldn’t change a thing.
I also like the look. But I took your comments and started to redo the searchbar thing internally and now seem to have a solution, which code-wise could cause lesser problems. But there is a kind of iOS workaround in now, which I need to discuss with @kambala. Maybe he has better ideas ...

RE: Testflight access to beta version - amasephy - 2024-04-13

Thanks Buschel. I just report findings. I hold no expectations. We all understand you are a volunteer. 🙂

With that said I do have a critical bug to report. I just updated to Kodi 21. When I go to the settings pane and tap more I get a dual crash. The app crashes and the Kodi server crashes to desktop.

RE: Testflight access to beta version - UlfSchmidt - 2024-04-13

(2024-04-13, 15:54)amasephy Wrote: Thanks Buschel. I just report findings. I hold no expectations. We all understand you are a volunteer. 🙂

With that said I do have a critical bug to report. I just updated to Kodi 21. When I go to the settings pane and tap more I get a dual crash. The app crashes and the Kodi server crashes to desktop.

I’m also on Kodi 21, but I cannot confirm @amasephy’s findings. At least on an iPad this (and anything else) works like a charm.

Do you have your settings menu set to Expert? I think there are 3 display types you can choose.

(2024-04-13, 16:13)amasephy Wrote: Do you have your settings menu set to Expert? I think there are 3 display types you can choose.

Yes, sure Smile

Looks like it doesn’t matter. The app seems to request expert despite what current server setting is at.

The crash only happens when running Kodi from my Xbox. Does not happen from my windows PC. Of course Xbox is where I actually use Kodi. 👎🏻

Then it is most likely related to the Xbox implementation of Kodi. I am running the Kodi Server on an NVIDIA SHIELD TV (operating system Android TV).

Going to need to see feedback from Buschel before I post on the Xbox forum but I’m not even sure that is the most appropriate place. Seems like it’s a JSON error most likely.

If it truly is an Xbox error then I will make a post over there. Will await feedback and advice on how to proceed.