Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix / firestick mouse issue - derrgoo123 - 2020-07-02

(2020-07-01, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 18:13)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 12:52)bsoriano Wrote: @derrgoo123, can you please let me know the exact steps you are taking to get to this point? I cannot reproduce this issue. What Kodi version and OS are you using?

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

I am on Kodi 18.7 Android. My device is a firestick 4K.

I have a VOD service which has a kodi add on. I separate my 24/7 shows by adding them to favorites. When I play from favorites the video controls don’t illuminate which shows in the video. I must use a mouse to get them to show up to stop the video.

Thanks,
Derrgoo
@derrgoo123 , my apologies, I still cannot reproduce this issue.  If I play a tv show, from a VOD service (I tried with Netflix), that I added to favourites, the controls are working fine.  I tried by going to the Favourites menu item, moving to the show, pressing Enter on it, then pressing Enter on an episode to play it.  If I press M while playing the episode, the OSD controls show up, with Pause highlighted.  Even if I move the mouse, which makes it so that no controls are highlighted, I can press any key (Up, Down, Enter, a letter other than X which stops the episode, etc.), and the controls are highlighted correctly.

I really don't know what could be causing the issue in your setup.  Please send me a debug log of when the issue happens, to see if there is anything in the log that might give me a clue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Yes- agree quite strange when all other videos work perfectly. I am not using a keyboard so could be just the firestick ability to get to the menu if it doesn’t automatically highlight the controls.

Also, I performed another test putting PVR m3u in favorites and the menu comes up. Lol I like this skin so I will just use a mouse.

Appreciate all your help.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - treboR2Robert - 2020-07-02

(2020-07-01, 22:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 22:26)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 18:42)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , thanks for your feedback.

The "Born" and "Formed" are on the same line as they are part of the same variable (panelsubheading, in Includes_Variables.xml).  I can put them in different lines if you do not wish to make that change yourself.

As for the artist bio textbox, there is not much room there to make it larger.  Maybe I can give it a couple more lines of text, would that be enough for your purposes?

What I can do without any serious redesign (which I don't think I would be taking on), would look like this:

Please let me know if this would suit you.

If not and you want to tackle this yourself, the background image is in the common subfolder of the skin's media folder, and it is called Vignetteinfo.png.   All of the fanart view code is in View_56_Fanart.xml in the skin's 1080i folder, and the bits for what is shown in the info panel starts at line 716.  All of the variables referenced in the code can be found in Includes_Variables.xml in the skin's 1080i folder.

Regards,

Bart

That looks perfect. Just what I was looking for. Had a look at those files, might be a bit beyond my skills. Are you able to share please or is it something you may include in next update ?

Thanks Zorg
@zorg2000k , it will be in the next update.  If you are OK downloading from Git, the changes are already on GitHub, in the Leia branch.

Regards,

Bart

This is the best thing about Amber, the developer !

You ask, and then 5 mins later IT'S DONE.

@bsoriano should develop "everything"

Laugh

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - zorg2000k - 2020-07-02

(2020-07-01, 22:26)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 18:42)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , thanks for your feedback.

The "Born" and "Formed" are on the same line as they are part of the same variable (panelsubheading, in Includes_Variables.xml).  I can put them in different lines if you do not wish to make that change yourself.

As for the artist bio textbox, there is not much room there to make it larger.  Maybe I can give it a couple more lines of text, would that be enough for your purposes?

What I can do without any serious redesign (which I don't think I would be taking on), would look like this:

Please let me know if this would suit you.

If not and you want to tackle this yourself, the background image is in the common subfolder of the skin's media folder, and it is called Vignetteinfo.png.   All of the fanart view code is in View_56_Fanart.xml in the skin's 1080i folder, and the bits for what is shown in the info panel starts at line 716.  All of the variables referenced in the code can be found in Includes_Variables.xml in the skin's 1080i folder.

Regards,

Bart

That looks perfect. Just what I was looking for. Had a look at those files, might be a bit beyond my skills. Are you able to share please or is it something you may include in next update ?

Thanks Zorg
@zorg2000k , it will be in the next update.  If you are OK downloading from Git, the changes are already on GitHub, in the Leia branch.

Regards,

Bart
Smashing

@bsoriano  Downloaded updates from Leia branch, The Artists bios box is now bigger but the born and formed are still on the same line ? have I missed anything settings wise 

Thanks Zorg

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-07-02

(2020-07-02, 02:51)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 22:26)zorg2000k Wrote: That looks perfect. Just what I was looking for. Had a look at those files, might be a bit beyond my skills. Are you able to share please or is it something you may include in next update ?

Thanks Zorg

Regards,

Bart

This is the best thing about Amber, the developer !

You ask, and then 5 mins later IT'S DONE.

@bsoriano should develop "everything"

Laugh
@treboR2Robert , thank you so much! Big Grin

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-02, 08:49)zorg2000k Wrote: @bsoriano  Downloaded updates from Leia branch, The Artists bios box is now bigger but the born and formed are still on the same line ? have I missed anything settings wise 

Thanks Zorg

@zorg2000k , thank you for pointing this out.  I forgot to commit a file yesterday, my apologies.  I just uploaded the missing change to GitHub.  Please download and let me know that the change is what you expected.  Thanks.

In my system it looks like this:

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-02, 17:52)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 08:49)zorg2000k Wrote: @bsoriano  Downloaded updates from Leia branch, The Artists bios box is now bigger but the born and formed are still on the same line ? have I missed anything settings wise 

Thanks Zorg

@zorg2000k , thank you for pointing this out.  I forgot to commit a file yesterday, my apologies.  I just uploaded the missing change to GitHub.  Please download and let me know that the change is what you expected.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart

Looks spot on now, thanks for the update. Screenshot to show you;

One thing, I'm sorry to be a pest, is there anyway you could do something similar with the albums view ? Increase album overview text box, and put Release : and Genre : before the metadata and remove the gap between the release and genre lines like what you did with Born and Formed for Artists in Fanart view ?

(2020-07-02, 18:32)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 17:52)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks Zorg

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart

Looks spot on now, thanks for the update. Screenshot to show you;

One thing, I'm sorry to be a pest, is there anyway you could do something similar with the albums view ? Increase album overview text box, and put Release : and Genre : before the metadata and remove the gap between the release and genre lines like what you did with Born and Formed for Artists in Fanart view ?
@zorg2000k , no worries! Yes, it makes sense to improve the album info panel as well.  I will work on that.  I'll let you know when it's ready.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano many thanks

(2020-07-02, 18:41)zorg2000k Wrote: @bsoriano many thanks

@zorg2000k , you can already download again from GitHub, Leia branch.  This is what it looks like now:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-02, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote:

@zorg2000k , you can already download again from GitHub, Leia branch.  This is what it looks like now:

Regards,

Bart
Maybe move the box up so it doesn't overlap ?

Like this ?

(2020-07-02, 19:27)treboR2Robert Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Like this ?

@treboR2Robert , I can't move the box up really, but I can move the list a little bit down:

What do you think?

These changes are already on GitHub.  Music items will look like that (artists, albums, songs).

Regards,

Bart

(2020-07-02, 21:14)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 19:27)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote: @zorg2000k , you can already download again from GitHub, Leia branch.  This is what it looks like now:

Regards,

Bart

Like this ?

@treboR2Robert , I can't move the box up really, but I can move the list a little bit down:

What do you think?

These changes are already on GitHub.  Music items will look like that (artists, albums, songs).

Regards,

Bart

Looks better yes.

I think there needs to be a bit more gap though, it looks a little cramped

Regards,

Bart
Looks great, working fine here as per screenshot;

One thing, Would there be away to update the colour for the formed and born on the Artist page to match the Release and Genre colour ?

Another wee thing to note, when selecting the back option in album view the Genre text is shown, as per screen

(2020-07-02, 22:24)treboR2Robert Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 21:14)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 19:27)treboR2Robert Wrote: Maybe move the box up so it doesn't overlap ?

Like this ?

What do you think?

Regards,

Bart

Looks better yes.

I think there needs to be a bit more gap though, it looks a little cramped
@treboR2Robert , thanks.  Please check the latest from GitHub, Leia branch.  Thanks.  By the way, the new version that is in the Amber repo right now (I will write a post about it in the next few minutes), 3.2.96, does not have this latest change.

Regards,

Bart