Kodi Community Forum
Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Arctic: Zephyr 2 (/showthread.php?tid=359976)

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - User 426612 - 2019-05-07

(2019-05-07, 01:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-06, 10:52)loeffelpan Wrote: After changing my homescreen widgets I am a bit confused.
For TVshows I use a landscape widget for "In-progress TV shows", but its the same in other widgets.

1. As to see in my screenshot in landscape widgets A:Z2 uses fanart with clearlogo in bottom right corner.
    Fanarts are in the backgound as well, so it's used twice. Shouldn't this be thumbs instead of fanarts?
    This is the same in any library view with landscape pictures.

2. In selected mode (see screenshot) there is the rating, a date (of the first episode) and (what should be where the red box is?).
    I would expect rating, year (not date), watched episodes and maybe status like in other views.
    Same label is used in the tri-panel view in TV show library.

3. In any other view (with info text) the info line shows also the date of the first episode when selecting a whole season.
    As mentioned above I would expect rating, year (not date), watched episodes and maybe status.

4. In my movie widget (unwatched movies) the ratings are missing.
    TVDB and IMDB are selected in options. Don't know if this is an issue in other widget types.

1. You need to enable landscape art specifically now. It's optional because many users blur the background (or just prefer fanart).
Skin Settings > Library > Landscape Art

2. Yeah it is supposed to be the same - it should show number of watched episodes
(though I don't think next aired date works on home screen currently).
Can you test v0.9.32-a2 - should be fixed
(also, FYI, still working on getting full info to show when widget is not focused).
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/archive/skin.arctic.zephyr.2-v0.9.32-alpha2.zip

3. Should also be fixed as of v0.9.32-a2 - Can you confirm?

4. Do you have skinhelper beta setup as per the first post?

1. Thanks. I missed that option.

2. and 3. are solved for me. But as far as I see labels in Lovefilm and Tri-Panel are still broken (watched state or something is blank with just separators).

4. I have marcelveldt‘s repo installed and use lasted skin helper addons from there.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - NinjaMonkeyUK - 2019-05-08

(2019-05-07, 01:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-05-07, 00:45)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote:
(2019-05-05, 10:34)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: @jurialmunkey, this skin is simply amazing!

Please consider adding aspect ratio to the set of icons at the bottom right of the screen, between video codec and audio codec.  I would argue that this information is far more important than the video codec so it should be there.

The reason I need this information readily available is that I use a scope (2.35:1) screen for my projector, so I need to decide which lens memory to set it to (1.78, 1.85, 2.20, 2.35, etc) before watching the movie.  Having this info on the main screen alongside video and audio codecs would be really helpful, and is a feature I sorely miss from the original Arctic: Zephyr skin!

If necessary, I can make the relevant icons if you let me know what resolution and format (I assume PNG) you need them in.

Further to this, I have created a set of 64x64 aspect ratio icons which I can upload to wherever necessary to get this feature added.  Smile         

I'm all for adding aspect ratio icons. The main problem is that all the monochrome aspectratio icons available really don't fit with the design of the skin.
If you have *nice* monochrome aspectratio icons then I am certainly happy to include them (I hate the ones that I made for AZ1).

All the codec flag icons are on a canvas 71x48px with some padding around the edges.         

How about something like this?

I think it would probably look better either between the "UHD" and "HEVC" logos, or the "HEVC" and Dolby Atmos" logos.  It might looks a little too "square" next to your awesome icons.  I can work on it.

Also I have noticed a bug on the plot description field in the above screenshot.  The plot for this movie is only 2 lines, yet Kodi feels the need to scroll the text area, when that area is able to expand to about 5 lines (I think, having looked at other movie plot synopses).  Shouldn't the plot just take up up to say, 5 lines, statically, and only start scrolling if it takes up more than 5?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Xiclops - 2019-05-08

just recently upgraded to Leia and I’m unsure if my issue is due to that, or the skin itself.

When viewing a live stream (live tv, YouTube etc) instead of seeing 00:00 / 00:10 (the first number being the time that is currently being played and the second being the amount that has been buffered) in the playbar I only see the first number, making it impossible for me to see how much as been buffered in advance.

When viewing a file from my library that isn’t live I see both the current time and the end time so it seems to only be effecting live things.

Do you have any idea if this is related to the skin or the Kodi version? Before I was using 17.6

Many thanks

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Ernestoselina - 2019-05-08

(2019-05-08, 00:13)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote:
(2019-05-07, 00:45)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: Further to this, I have created a set of 64x64 aspect ratio icons which I can upload to wherever necessary to get this feature added.  Smile         

I'm all for adding aspect ratio icons. The main problem is that all the monochrome aspectratio icons available really don't fit with the design of the skin.
If you have *nice* monochrome aspectratio icons then I am certainly happy to include them (I hate the ones that I made for AZ1).

All the codec flag icons are on a canvas 71x48px with some padding around the edges.          

ImageImage

I think it would probably look better either between the "UHD" and "HEVC" logos, or the "HEVC" and Dolby Atmos" logos.  It might looks a little too "square" next to your awesome icons.  I can work on it.

Also I have noticed a bug on the plot description field in the above screenshot.  The plot for this movie is only 2 lines, yet Kodi feels the need to scroll the text area, when that area is able to expand to about 5 lines (I think, having looked at other movie plot synopses).  Shouldn't the plot just take up up to say, 5 lines, statically, and only start scrolling if it takes up more than 5? 

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - jurialmunkey - 2019-05-08

(2019-05-08, 01:33)Xiclops Wrote: just recently upgraded to Leia and I’m unsure if my issue is due to that, or the skin itself.

When viewing a live stream (live tv, YouTube etc) instead of seeing 00:00 / 00:10 (the first number being the time that is currently being played and the second being the amount that has been buffered) in the playbar I only see the first number, making it impossible for me to see how much as been buffered in advance.

When viewing a file from my library that isn’t live I see both the current time and the end time so it seems to only be effecting live things.

Do you have any idea if this is related to the skin or the Kodi version? Before I was using 17.6

Many thanks

Just tested a live youtube stream in Estuary and it doesn't show buffer time either - so not really a skin issue.
Also, live streams on youtube don't allow timeskipping, so there wouldn't be any point showing the buffer time.

For PVR/Live TV, the skin shows the total duration of the program alongside the current play time.

(2019-05-08, 00:13)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote:
(2019-05-07, 00:45)NinjaMonkeyUK Wrote: Further to this, I have created a set of 64x64 aspect ratio icons which I can upload to wherever necessary to get this feature added.  Smile         

Those look pretty good - it does look a bit "square" as you say though. Also, I'm a bit concerned that the text might be a bit too small? For the other codec flags, it isn't as much of concern about text readability because each codec logo has distinctive features which differentiate it from the others. For aspect, each one is going to look the same.

The issue with the plot is a kodi bug with fonts using linespacing and auto-sized textboxes. The default font for plot doesn't have this issue - it's only Roboto that has the problem. Roboto has really tight linespacing by default, so I need to increase the linespacing value for it in Kodi's font definitions to make the plot boxes readable. However, the way kodi calculates textbox height has a bug which doesn't correctly calculate the modified line height, so any auto sized textbox ends up being a couple of pixels short of the actual line height (thus triggering the autoscroll even though it looks like it shouldn't).

Not much I can do about it short of modifying the actual font using font forge to increase the linespacing. I did that in Aura, but it's really tricky to modify the font and get a precise value to match the linespacing of the default font.

@NinjaMonkeyUK

For the time being, I've adapted the icons I used in Aura and converted them to monochrome.
What do you think? You can test on latest release

Pause with information overlay - st.louey - 2019-05-08

Hi, i have noticed that when the information overlay is added on pause the synopsis area is only one line. Can this be increased to a couple of lines? Even if the synopsis is one line auto scroll will scroll the line off the screen where you have to wait for it to re appear to see it again which makes no sense. So if the answer is no for increasing due to technical limitation can auto scroll be configured to not scroll if there is only one line or is this also a technical limitation? As a note i find the title font and artwork too large/dominate for the purpose on this screen. I understand that this is a personal taste and am wondering if this is configurable? Thanks in advance.

RE: Pause with information overlay - jurialmunkey - 2019-05-08

(2019-05-08, 03:38)st.louey Wrote: Hi, i have noticed that when the information overlay is added on pause the synopsis area is only one line. Can this be increased to a couple of lines? Even if the synopsis is one line auto scroll will scroll the line off the screen where you have to wait for it to re appear to see it again which makes no sense. So if the answer is no for increasing due to technical limitation can auto scroll be configured to not scroll if there is only one line or is this also a technical limitation? As a note i find the title font and artwork too large/dominate for the purpose on this screen. I understand that this is a personal taste and am wondering if this is configurable? Thanks in advance.

See my comments in this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339791&pid=2852974#pid2852974

It's because you are using Roboto for plotboxes. Use the default font and you wont have this issue.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - onesane - 2019-05-08

Is there anyway to get a larger selection of colors to choose from for Highlight Color in Skin Settings? I've noticed some skins I've used over the years have utilized a much larger palette when you select colors...is that something that can be implemented? I know I can just look up the RGB color codes, but it never looks the same on my computer as it does on my tv and I have to pick and choose for forever to find a shade that's just right. Anyway, just a thought.

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - onesane - 2019-05-08

(2019-05-08, 03:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: @NinjaMonkeyUK

For the time being, I've adapted the icons I used in Aura and converted them to monochrome.

ImageImage
Love these. Good choice!

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Jay19802005 - 2019-05-08

(2019-05-08, 04:03)onesane Wrote:

ImageImage
Love these. Good choice!

Can these be colored?

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - luketraceyuk - 2019-05-08

Love this skin but my movies or TV does not show up on my home screen even though enabled in home screen settings. Its like that when on a fresh install of Kodi and the skin am I missing something? Huh

RE: Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Ernestoselina - 2019-05-08

(2019-05-08, 04:54)Jay19802005 Wrote:

ImageImage
Love these. Good choice! 

Can these be colored? 

(2019-05-08, 04:54)Jay19802005 Wrote:

ImageImage
Love these. Good choice!

Can these be colored?

No. They need to be monochrome to facilitate the colordiffuse palette swap.